The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *tango*
Officially, you are not allowed to sit skills tests unless you've paid for and submitted your application, but if you go through the 2015 thread, some people managed to do them before submitting. I don't remember how though :redface:

When do you have them?

I printed off my application before paying and sending it off, walked in showed them it, because its exactly the same thing as a paid for and sent off application.

They shooed me through and I passed both tests.

Now bare in mind this was 2014, thank god professional skill test last for 3 years. :smile:
I just got an interview for Tuesday! I'm really nervous about the oral presentation and group discussion, argh...
Original post by mmerain
I just got an interview for Tuesday! I'm really nervous about the oral presentation and group discussion, argh...

Congratulations!

Which uni?
Original post by rede121
Congratulations!

Which uni?

St Mary's University in Twickenham. I'm really excited though
Original post by mmerain
St Mary's University in Twickenham. I'm really excited though

cool! primary or secondary? You will do fine I'm sure!
I sent the 2 week reminder via UCAS this morning. I've still not had even an email back.

I guess I'll reschedule my skills tests on the weekend then.
Original post by Aemiliana
I sent the 2 week reminder via UCAS this morning. I've still not had even an email back.

You can still print out your application and do the tests now. The printed version of the application form won't change after your referees finish submitting their references.
Original post by gentlegiant
I printed off my application before paying and sending it off, walked in showed them it, because its exactly the same thing as a paid for and sent off application.

They shooed me through and I passed both tests.

Now bare in mind this was 2014, thank god professional skill test last for 3 years. :smile:

How do youapply for pgce courses.do you have to apply through ucas and do everything yourself?
Original post by ChancedTravels
The only preparation I did was the practice tests online and the real test was so much easier than the practise ones!

I did one the other day with absolutely no practice and got 40% so looks like I'll be needing to work on them! Did you do both of yours on the same day? :smile:
Original post by Simplysweet01
I did one the other day with absolutely no practice and got 40% so looks like I'll be needing to work on them! Did you do both of yours on the same day? :smile:

Yeah just one after the other so were both done within an hour :smile:
Does anyone know what tests on the day of an interview are usually like for anyyyy uni? I'm going for english but don't know if they make you read articles then answer questions or just tell you to write about a random topic :confused:
Original post by ChancedTravels
Yeah just one after the other so were both done within an hour :smile:

Wow double the stress ha! Means you got it all out of the way in one go though

My premium advisor told me that you can take the tests with the printout before your references are done.
My conditional offer is subjected to a 16 week subject enchantment course... Great :-/
Original post by Lambert87
My conditional offer is subjected to a 16 week subject enchantment course... Great :-/

Congratuations on the offer though! Think positive, the work will be worth it in the end. Where's it for? And have they given you details as to what it involves?
Just finished my interview for a primary SCITT course. So glad it's over but now it can take them 5 working days to reply to just waiting around! It was pretty intense and the maths test was hard but it's over now nothing I can do anymore except keep my fingers crossed!!! :s-smilie:
Original post by Lambert87

Do you know the provider of SKE? Lots of these courses are done online now. And you get bursary for it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by katebeef
Just finished my interview for a primary SCITT course. So glad it's over but now it can take them 5 working days to reply to just waiting around! It was pretty intense and the maths test was hard but it's over now nothing I can do anymore except keep my fingers crossed!!! :s-smilie:

Well done and good luck. Do you have more interviews coming?
Original post by LordEdward
How do youapply for pgce courses.do you have to apply through ucas and do everything yourself?

I apply like everyone else, online.

There is an option on the application page to print your application. this is handy because then you can take it with you and proof read it on the go.

And those pesky professional skill tests :smile:

I wasn't lucky either with my reference yesterday and I can't send a reminder because last week I swapped my referees and new emails were sent, so now I have to wait till next week before I can send an email.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending