The Student Room Group
I usually start shopping on Christmas eve when the panic sets in that I haven't shopped for anyone yet. Why is because I am lazy
Original post by aliman65
I usually start shopping on Christmas eve when the panic sets in that I haven't shopped for anyone yet. Why is because I am lazy

Do you actually manage to sort all the presents you want to? I don't think I could cope trying to sort everything on the last day! :lol:
Original post by shadowdweller
Do you actually manage to sort all the presents you want to? I don't think I could cope trying to sort everything on the last day! :lol:

haha, well last year I did all my packing on Christmas morning, just as everyone was waking up. Everything gets sorted out by the time it comes to opening presents and the fact I only have to buy for 5-6 other people makes it fairly straightforward. Also I tend to just pay other family members half and buy presents together, which makes things simple.
I've finished! last gift comes today :smile:
Ive already decided mostly what I'm getting people. Infact i already have a present for someone :wink:. But will most likely get them payday December. So they might arrive late but such is life.
ahaha for me it's always last-minute (not literally Christmas Eve, but even so:tongue:). Fortunately, I've worked something out with my brothers where we just start our own little "Christmas Fund" in which we each put a bit of money, and use it to buy treats for everyone (including ourselves...:s-smilie::tongue:) So that's sorted! :biggrin:
Last year I started in November, but I also had uni assessments and assignments to worry about so I didn't feel like I had managed to put enough thought into my gifts last year. This year I started and got the main bulk of the Christmas presents in the summer because that was when I was completely free and had all the time to put the effort in I wanted to. Now I just pick up little bits and bobs if I see them, so glad this year I was so prepared in advance as I'm a lot more busy with university this year and weekends are the only time I can visit home every now and again so don't want to be shopping. And also definitely saved money by giving myself enough time to shop around rather than panicking and just buying whatever I could see and was in stock at the time.

My bother always leaves his Christmas shopping last minute, last year he did it all the weekend before Christmas.
My sister always does her shopping last minute too, but that's because she absolutely atrocious with money and so always has to wait til she gets paid even to just buy £40 worth of gifts, which is all she'll need to do this year (or even less) as I got about 80% of the Christmas presents for the family this year.

Also done all the birthday shopping in advance this year, because my family's birthdays fall right on the end of year uni exams and last year I had so little time and so much on my mind the gifts were a bit poo. But not this year! :3
(edited 8 years ago)
I finish shopping for my friends by the end of November and go to London with my dad on Christmas Eve to shop in Harrods and Selfridges and so on for my brother and mum.
Reply 9
Love Xmas so get some presents way early like August. Still a few more to get, the main ones, German Markets are back in Birmingham so will pop down there too.
I only have Secret Santas left to sort now, everything else is done :colone:

How's everyone else doing with Christmas shopping?

Latest