The Student Room Group

Muslim woman in Hijab pushed into a moving train by a man in London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by annony
It is just sad to think that if this was a different situation where a Muslim man crazy or drunk pushed a non-muslim woman then everyone would again hate on muslims and very little thought would've been given to the person who filmed this.
If it had been a Muslim man, who had attended talks by radical preachers, made extremist posts on social media, and who had shouted "Allahu akbar" as he pushed her, people would suspect a particular narrative.

If it had been a Muslim man who was homeless and disturbed, and seemed confused after the event, a different narrative would appear more likely.

Not every attack where the victim is a Muslim is about Islam. You need to try and move away from this black and white, "us and them" mindset. It does no one any good.
Original post by Skip_Snip
That's still not remotely related to anything in this thread. The woman didn't any hatred aimed at her, nor did her religion. People are simply pointing out the attack was probably nothing to do with her being a muslim.

I wasn't particularly talking about this thread,in general. Why only her? Out of everyone else?
Just pathetic really...
Original post by queen-bee
This is disgusting. What's even more disgusting is those one this thread trying to justify it just because they dislike Muslims

Trying to push a woman in front of a train. Barbaric. Brutal. Uncivilised.

Yes, people are frustrated about the immigration issue. Rightly so. But pushing some woman under a train to be crushed to death is hardly the actions of a man who has any sensible reason for disliking immigrants.

To be perfectly blunt if I pushed him in front of a train because he was homeless and I thought the homeless commit crime and generally make a a place look trampy then he would disagree with me and call me what I said in my first sentence. My point is that he is happy to look at this woman and push her in front of a train because of the way she is yet if I did that to him he wouldn't approve I bet...

I bet this incident will make her really keen to integrate into society. In fact I bet the whole community in the area is probably REALLY keen to integrate now. So again, having an issue with immigration is fine but this guy has only made it much, much worse.

So a barbarian, a guy who is willing to throw stones whilst living in a glass house, and one who is actually being very counter-productive in his aims.

I would personally bet it was due to her being Muslim-if it turns out I am wrong call me out and I will apologise. Many times.
Original post by Miss.Unknow
omg..poor lady :frown: i hope she gets better soon!

She is perfectly fine. Somehow she managed to just bounce off the thing. A few cuts and stuff the news said but nothing that bad considering the circumstances. Whether she wants to leave her house again or play any part of public life, even using the tube to get to work, remains to be seen.
Reply 105
Original post by i<3milkshake

Yes, people are frustrated about the immigration issue. Rightly so. But pushing some woman under a train to be crushed to death is hardly the actions of a man who has any sensible reason for disliking immigrants..

The man who did the pushing is an 81 year old Japanese man. You can't really blame anti-immigration sentiment for this. He's probably just old and crazy
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 106
I wasn't particularly talking about this thread,in general. Why only her? Out of everyone else?

That is the question. Why did the website "Documenting Oppression against Muslims" single out this terrible crime as if it were an instance of some broader conspiracy to oppress Muslims in Britain?

The man who committed the crime is an 81 year old Japanese man. You can hardly blame this on anti-immigration sentiment

So far his argument has been that he doubts anyone else was on the platform, despite Piccadilly Circus being one of the most busiest areas in London and a tourist attraction. He also fails to take into considersation that she (as well as others) are standing at the end of the platform - which suggests the rest of the platform had a significant number of people on it.
I wasn't particularly talking about this thread,in general.

Ah. So you were just randomly sounding off. Got it.

Why only her? Out of everyone else?

She was nearest?
Reply 109
Original post by Kyou
The moment I read the first word of the title I just knew that yet another of TSR's staple Muslim debates would ensue.
Indeed.
I wonder how long it will be before someone compares the plight of Muslims in Britain today, to that of Jews in 30s Germany?
He could have killed that woman
Reply 111
Original post by annony
this is not on the bbc
this is the student room. what publicity is this???
i do not have twitter and so do not most of the older public or most of the world
what are you on about.
This has been reported on every major news platform - including the Daily Mail and the Sun - along with TV and radio.

You need to widen your horizons.
Reply 112
So islamophobia is non existent?
Depends how you define it, who you apply it to and whether you consider it a pejorative. It's a bit like asking if "Fascismophobia" or "Marxist-Lenninisnophobia" exist.
There are people who reject and oppose the ideology of Islam - is that inherently wrong? Does a dislike for oppression, division and discrimination make you a bad person?
If you are referring to people who attack people because they are Brown Foreigners, then I agree with you, it is a bad thing. If you mean people who oppose totalitarian theocracy, then I feel it is justified.

What about innocent Muslims living amongst us,who don't want any violence but happen to be attacked because of their religion,what do we call that?
I think it is likely that they are actually being attacked for being Brown Foreigners, and that is racism and xenophobia. Not the same thing as robustly criticising an oppressive religious ideology, I'm sure you'll agree.

Lol what is this us and them philosophy,y'all so brainwashed by the extreme right.
Have you ever read the Quran, or the BNP or UKIP manifestos? Are you not aware of the deliberate divisions in society set up by Marx, or the Caste system, or the aristocracy?
The first objective for any authoritarian system is the dehumanisation of its opponents. Simple history.

"Brainwashed by the extreme right"? What does that even mean?
(BTW, I joined the Labour party so I could vote for Jeremy Corbyn - the only party leader with humanity and principle. If anything, I am brainwashed by the left!)
Original post by Boondock Saint
So far his argument has been that he doubts anyone else was on the platform, despite Piccadilly Circus being one of the most busiest areas in London and a tourist attraction. He also fails to take into considersation that she (as well as others) are standing at the end of the platform - which suggests the rest of the platform had a significant number of people on it.

Piccadilly Circus quiet? :rofl:
This is just jokes.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Also I've reported the video to the Transit police as it looks like one of their security guards is recording security footage with his personal phone

Hopefully someone will lose their job over this

Ah such sympathy for the victim
Reply 115
I don't answer to you sweety,if you didn't like my previous rowdy,that's your problem.
But surely you have a responsibility to yourself not to post demonstrable nonsense?

What circles would this be?
The circle where Muslims think that the whole world is against them and every incident is part of the global "War on Islam". Try ISOC for starters.
Reply 116
Original post by pjm600
It'd be interesting to know what was said in the moments following, how can he possibly rationalize that?

Jail for a long time I would hope.

Maybe that's what he was looking for. Much better than living on the streets.
Reply 117

Superb post, as usual.

Further to that, even though I object to the term Islamophobia, would it not be rational in some ways to fear Islam? As a gay man, there are many reasons for me to be wary of that religion. There are ten countries in the world that prescribe death for homosexual conduct; they are all Muslim countries. That is not a coincidence.

It's not a coincidence that the Quran calls for death for the "people of Lot" and that you then see groups who are trying to be the "most Islamic" hurling gay men from tall buildings. It's not a coincidence, in my eyes, that the Quran decrees that the testimony of a woman shall be worth half that of a man's, and that consequently the status of women is worse in the Middle East than any other place on earth.

I do not hate any individual Muslim merely for their religion. But I do despise it as a religion (and I am opposed to all religion). I despise the fact that it has such an "in group" mentality that many of its practitioners find it impossible to integrate into society, and are through some as yet unexplained mechanism uniquely sensitive to the suffering of all Muslims everywhere while simultaneously being quite insensitive to the suffering of victims of Islamic ideology.

I would never be rude to, or harm, an individual Muslim because of their religion. I believe in showing courtesy to all peoples. But that doesn't require me to pretend I don't find their religion highly offensive and dangerous in many ways
Piccadilly Circus quiet? :rofl:
This is just jokes.

He hasn't got a clue lol
Why only her? Out of everyone else?

Original post by Boondock Saint

Perhaps it's because she was the closest person to him...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending