The Student Room Group

Asian/Muslim teens - are you allowed to live away for uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JC.
Who's deen and why might he get lost?

Deen is like faith in Islam/religion
Reply 21
Original post by AzimH
Last time I checked, yup!

Lol, well I dunno, I think some Pakistani parents are different with sons and daughters
Reply 22
Original post by Wikia
I'm Pakistani too, my sister lives abroad at Uni as does my brother and my parents seem to have no problem with it.

Ahh well thats really good! Do you want to live away?
Reply 23
Original post by ThatGurl
my dad seems to be fine with it (but i havent even gone yet haha)

Lol well thats lucky for some haha
Reply 24
Original post by preetg97
Same as my parents. Although I've applied to uni's which are around 250 miles away so I can't exactly commute :smile:

LOL thats what I did too hahaha
Reply 25
Original post by Ruby17
Im Pakistani and although my father definitely fits the stereotypical desk father mould, he wants us to do well education wise so although he would PREFER me to be near my house in the UK (He lives in Pakistan) Theres definitely no problem with me living away. As far as seen is concerned the way I see it is that, listen, you can tell a person alot of things, what not to do etc but ultimately it boils down to that person and that personal alone. If you have acquired certain morals and values, they are the things that will protect you and guide you, no matter how much someone tells you not to go in a certain group etc or indulge in certain activities.

I definitely agree, I have a strong faith and I'm hoping my father knows that but tbh I just think he's over protective
Reply 26
Original post by ikhan94
My dad would let me live away if he knew the education i was getting was very good, but if it was not then no/ :frown:

Ah well thats understandable I guess
Reply 27
Original post by Azula
My parents wanted me to apply to universities in London (where I live) but I wanted to move out
In the end we agreed on 3 in London and 2 out

Thats what I did, 3 near Wolverhampton, where i live, and 2 in Manchester
Reply 28
Original post by samina_ay
Parents said no plus my grades weren't that great either... but if i did get good grades, i would move away for uni :biggrin: and just break the news on results day lool.

LMFAO i would love to see your parents reaction
Original post by safiyyah98
Lol well thats lucky for some haha

hahah well we'll see when i actually have to apply.
Reply 30
Original post by yusraali
My parents know I applied to two out of London unis and they seem okay with it. But I think they want me to stay in London because they think it's easier, but if I told them I would go I don't think they'd have a problem with it.

Yeah it would be easier, and thats good your options are open then
LMFAO i would love to see your parents reaction

LOL they would be angry and shocked.
Reply 32
Original post by candycaneland500
hahah my parents also want me to live at home

LOL ya feel me? Do you want to live away though?
Reply 33
Original post by EastGuava
Tbh I'm not sure what my parents' reasoning is; I think my dad is also kinda over-protective.

Thats just typical dads then of any culture haha :biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
My parents are ok with me living away probably cause all my cousins are away from home at uni so they're thankfully alrite with it

Thats so luckyy lol, I just want to experience being by myself you know?
haha yep i really do but then again richmond is only 30 minutes away from me so it is not a huge problem
LOL ya feel me? Do you want to live away though?
Reply 36
haha yep i really do but then again richmond is only 30 minutes away from me so it is not a huge problem

Ah yeah I guess commuting would save money but its the experience of living away though right?
Reply 37
Can I ask, is everyone applying for uni to start in September 2016? If so what do you want to study and where have you applied to?
Ah yeah I guess commuting would save money but its the experience of living away though right?

yep exactly i still have time to persude them to let me live away so i wont stop annoying them about it lol
Reply 39
yep exactly i still have time to persude them to let me live away so i wont stop annoying them about it lol

Lol yeah just work on them a bit everyday haha :biggrin: Who has more of a problem with it? Your mum or your dad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending