The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aquaxo
I'd say I'm in a similar position - 2 in Econ, 6 in History and 14 in Biology. Biology is my 'rest' lesson :wink: a positive of a small school is that we each have our own (albeit small) desk in sixth form!

What kind of schools are other people from? It'd be interesting to find out!

I am from a state school but I am an international applicant from Germany.
If I look up my school type it says grammar school but it is not exactly like this. German school system is complicated :biggrin: But it is definitely state owned and you can go there if you only want - there are just quite a lot that don't make it till the end.
My school never had even an Oxbridge applicant btw :biggrin:
I got an interview today too! I applied for Biochemistry at St John's but was reallocated to St Anne's. Exciting!
Original post by JennieRDS
I got an interview today too! I applied for Biochemistry at St John's but was reallocated to St Anne's. Exciting!

Congrats :biggrin: international student?
Congratulations to all of those with interview offers, and commiserations to those with rejections. Seems that subjects without aptitude tests are getting interview offers first, when will those with aptitude tests start hearing back?
I assume the subjects with supporting work will be subjected to the same delay as those with aptitude tests?
Original post by Ivoryfall
I assume the subjects with supporting work will be subjected to the same delay as those with aptitude tests?

Yeah I would assume so too, my course has both written work and an aptitude test :frown:
Original post by antigone-
Yeah I would assume so too, my course has both written work and an aptitude test :frown:

Ouch! Mine was just 2 pieces of (terrible) marked written work. Both of mine also horribly short because none of the OU essays were longer than 800 word limits.

I figure we'll at least hear within a fortnight, but uh, dying to know!
Original post by patricio_miguel
Congrats :biggrin: international student?

Thanks and Scottish actually. :wink: You?
Original post by Ivoryfall
Ouch! Mine was just 2 pieces of (terrible) marked written work. Both of mine also horribly short because none of the OU essays were longer than 800 word limits.

I figure we'll at least hear within a fortnight, but uh, dying to know!

Ah that sucks but seeing as you're a mature applicant they should be understanding.

I am dying to know, waiting on here and LSE is starting to take it's toll :afraid:
Original post by antigone-
Ah that sucks but seeing as you're a mature applicant they should be understanding.

I am dying to know, waiting on here and LSE is starting to take it's toll :afraid:

Yeah I can relate! Oxford and SOAS are my only two applications, and I'm seeing people being handed out interviews ans offers now for both and it's making me seriously antsy! I'm all 'my turn yet!?' haha :please:
I am still trying to figure out some coping mechanism. Applying was and is a really long shot and I know that, but I cant get over my hopes and all the (probably totally inacurate) pictures in my head. I am forcing myself into this sort of limbo where I kind of expect a rejection but am hoping for an invitation like crazy and to be honest I just want to know which one of those it will be to properly deal with it....

Congrats! And yes, it's soo exciting! Best of luck on your interview. :-)
Original post by vildeung
Congrats! And yes, it's soo exciting! Best of luck on your interview. :-)

Thank you! You too. :smile:
Thanks and Scottish actually. :wink: You?

Birmingham! My course (MFL+Linguistics) required 3 pieces of written work and for me to take the MLAT (probably scored 10% there haha) so I'll probably hear from Oxford by the end of 2020...:dots:
Original post by patricio_miguel
Birmingham! My course (MFL+Linguistics) required 3 pieces of written work and for me to take the MLAT (probably scored 10% there haha) so I'll probably hear from Oxford by the end of 2020...:dots:

Ahhh. Jeezo. That sounds horrible. I'm sure you'll have done well enough. It's likely you'll still get an interview though, even if you've gotten an average result in the MLAT. Just go out there and show them your stuff!
Reply 4835
Seeing all these biochemistry interview offers makes me so nervous! Currently waiting for a decision on my biochem application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlaneovertheSea
I am still trying to figure out some coping mechanism. Applying was and is a really long shot and I know that, but I cant get over my hopes and all the (probably totally inacurate) pictures in my head. I am forcing myself into this sort of limbo where I kind of expect a rejection but am hoping for an invitation like crazy and to be honest I just want to know which one of those it will be to properly deal with it....

So damn relatable..
Original post by PlaneovertheSea

I don't get this. If applying was/is a really long shot, why bother getting hope and imagining yourself there? Just think of it as a 'meh might as well try'
Original post by anelisesg
Wait aren't you the one that applied to Law and French Law at King's as well?
We already talked on an another thread :wink: ahahahaha
I applied to St Catz :smile:

yep, that's me, I thought your username looked familiar hahah :biggrin:
I wonder when the chemistry interviews will start being distributed

Posted from TSR Mobile