The Student Room Group

my 5 university choices of engineering?

Okay so i am in my second year of btec l3 engineering.
First year of bfec: D*D incl merit for maths only
predictin: DDDGcses: C,C,C,D,D,E,E,E,F not soo good gcse
I am considering to apply for
The university of Birmingham - EEE incl Maths Distinction
Cardiff university - Mechanical engineering
Loughborough university- EEE
Manchester university- EEE
Nottingham university -EEE incl Maths Distinction
Please tell me your views if you i should apply for them university .Thanks so much
Original post by dream_big
Okay so i am in my second year of btec l3 engineering.
First year of bfec: D*D incl merit for maths only
predictin: DDDGcses: C,C,C,D,D,E,E,E,F not soo good gcse
I am considering to apply for
The university of Birmingham - EEE incl Maths Distinction
Cardiff university - Mechanical engineering
Loughborough university- EEE
Manchester university- EEE
Nottingham university -EEE incl Maths Distinction
Please tell me your views if you i should apply for them university .Thanks so much

Are those c's including your maths and english gcses?
Reply 2
Yess Indeed including English and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yess Indeed including English and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally i would say to consider a slightly bigger spread of grade choices as you havent really given yourself an insurance choice/back up with those.
Also Loughborough wants at least a B in maths a level and manchester also requires a maths a level, so contact them if you havent already to be sure they accept your qualifications as an equivalent.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Personally i would say to consider a slightly bigger spread of grade choices as you havent really given yourself an insurance choice/back up with those.
Also Loughborough wants at least a B in maths a level and manchester also requires a maths a level, so contact them if you havent already to be sure they accept your qualifications as an equivalent.

Thank your for your reply. if check the requirements for both loughborogh and manchester for electrical/electronic engineering - they don't need A level maths. Most of unies or good univesrity needs DDD and the others are not my list really
Thank your for your reply. if check the requirements for both loughborogh and manchester for electrical/electronic engineering - they don't need A level maths. Most of unies or good univesrity needs DDD and the others are not my list really

Do any of your choices offer a foundation year, you could use that as a back up choice?
Reply 6
Do any of your choices offer a foundation year, you could use that as a back up choice?

Yes they 3-4 of them do foundation degree in engineering or science . But most unlikely i would take that route.
Yes they 3-4 of them do foundation degree in engineering or science . But most unlikely i would take that route.

Having a range would make it more likely that you get an offer but dont go for anywhere you wouldnt be happy with.
Reply 8
Having a range would make it more likely that you get an offer but dont go for anywhere you wouldnt be happy with.

yes of course, can you name any other univiersity i could get in and they must be good universities, and they should not be in london
yes of course, can you name any other univiersity i could get in and they must be good universities, and they should not be in london

look into Swansea they have just opened a brand new campus which is backed by the likes of Rolls Royce
Reply 10
Say if All 5 choices rejected me Would be able to you extra and is that grantees a place?
Many thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Say if All 5 choices rejected me Would be able to you extra and is that grantees a place?
Many thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

Extra has no guarantees you ll get a place, but it gives you the opportunity to keep applying to universities until june when clearing starts.
Reply 12
Extra has no guarantees you ll get a place, but it gives you the opportunity to keep applying to universities until june when clearing starts.

Really why is that..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really why is that..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because universities don't have infinite places so if they ve no places left to offer in extra if there are no suitable choices for you, then you cant guarantee that you ll get a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending