The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 graduation questions

Hello! Im graduating (MSc) this November and I have two questions:
1) what should my dad wear to the ceremony? Is it ok if he wears a tuxedo or that is too over the top? Maybe he should just wear a black suit?
2) where do guys rent their suits for this? do you think my boyfriend will be able to rent a suit if we arrive to Edinburgh just 4 days ahead of the ceremony?
Original post by valentinapaz
Hello! Im graduating (MSc) this November and I have two questions:
1) what should my dad wear to the ceremony? Is it ok if he wears a tuxedo or that is too over the top? Maybe he should just wear a black suit?
2) where do guys rent their suits for this? do you think my boyfriend will be able to rent a suit if we arrive to Edinburgh just 4 days ahead of the ceremony?

That is way over the top. An ordinary suit is fine. There were people in all manner of casual outfits at my son's. There are videos in YouTube of past ceremonies so you can get an idea of the kind of occasion it is. Can't answer the rental question but there are suits cheap enough for one off wear at Topshop/Primark/Matalan if your boyfriend's not a habitual suit wearer.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
That is way over the top. An ordinary suit is fine. There were people in all manner of casual outfits at my son's. There are videos in YouTube of past ceremonies so you can get an idea of the kind of occasion it is. Can't answer the rental question but there are suits cheap enough for one off wear at Topshop/Primark/Matalan if your boyfriend's not a habitual suit wearer.

thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending