The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by kirblaw3
I've applied to UCL, Bristol, KCL (taking LNAT next week), QMUL and Cardiff
I've received offers from QMUL (A*AA) and Cardiff (AAB)
It seems logical to make QMUL my firm and Cardiff my insurance (supposing I don't get any more offers) but does anyone think that employers may regard Cardiff as better than QMUL or that there are greater benefits offered by the Cardiff law school?
Also, if anyone was wondering I sent my application off on the 21st October and got my QMUL offer on the 25th and Cardiff on the 27th :smile:

QMUL is definitely more respected in terms of Law I would say, you also get a lot more employment opportunities living in London so I would say QMUL is better I think but well done on your offers!! I also have the same offer from QMUL! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 141
just received an offer for 35 IB points from Leeds!
Original post by kathla
just received an offer for 35 IB points from Leeds!

congrats :smile:
Just received an offer from KCL!
Original post by gemmabeth

What are you gcses, as and predicted if you don't mind me asking? I sent my application 13th Oct and only got confirmation, I haven't submitted the scholarship application however, anyway Congratulations!!!
Original post by gemmabeth

omg congrats!! When did you apply? :smile:
Original post by galatasaray1905
omg congrats!! When did you apply? :smile:

Thank you!! I'm so happy! 6th of October but I had already done the LNAT!

Original post by sjcalvert98
What are you gcses, as and predicted if you don't mind me asking? I sent my application 13th Oct and only got confirmation, I haven't submitted the scholarship application however, anyway Congratulations!!!

I sent mine on the 6th of October and had already done the LNAT and I've applied for the scholarship! I got 14A*'s at GCSE and AABB at AS in Biology, History, Chemisty and English Lit, dropped Lit and predicted grades are A*A*A*
Thank you!!
Original post by c146
well done! i got an invitation for an interview for York too (which im quite nervous about haha) when is yours?x

Congrats - the 8th! Is it the same for you?x
Hey, I sent off my UCAS 1 week ago and have applied to study law at: LSE, KCL, Queen Mary, SOAS, Surrey.

I have already received an A*AA Offer from Queen mary and am looking forward to hearing from other unis!
Reply 149
Has anyone heard back from Nottingham yet? I only took the LNAT recently, but I'm really apprehensive as Nottingham is my top uni! Luckily I have got offers from Southampton and Leeds so far and a York interview. It's so exciting reading everyone's posts on here because we might end up studying together :smile:
Thursday got an offer from Manchester
Friday got an offer from Cardiff
Need some advise!!

Ive applied forUCL, KCL, Newcastle, East Anglia and Queens Belfast for Law and My GCSEs are considerably low, with only 5as3bsand2cs :// however I have 3 as and a B at AS. My dream is to get to either UCL or KCL but judging by the other comments here it seems unlikely. Concerned now:/ Should I change my application before Monday; deadline day? Any help is appreciated! Thanks
what were your gcses? I applied for uea too and am scared my gcses are too low
Reply 153
Applied to QMUL, Cardiff, Bristol, Exeter and Warwick. Got offers from cardiff AAB and Exeter A*AB
Original post by LoveToArgue
wow congrats! I would've applied for Lancaster, but I live there and I don't want to go to uni at home!

Original post by CBftw
Well done! I've applied to Birmingham too but my LNAT is on the 16th December so I doubt I'll hear from them until next year. But I was wondering that if I'm predicted AAB do I have a chance of getting in? 😨

Thank you so much, I've only just seen these. :smile: I think you do have a chance with Birmingham and AAB, I heard they're quite lenient. :smile: Good luck!
Original post by kingofacademics
what were your gcses? I applied for uea too and am scared my gcses are too low

My GCSE's also were low and I got a conditional offer from them for Law, your AS grades are good I see no reason why your GCSE's would go against you. :smile:
Original post by mnancy
do you mind telling the details of your application/offer? I applied too!

I got AABC at AS, predicted A*AA and my offer is AAA
Original post by c146
thank you! the 8th of December?! mine isn't until February! going to be a painful wait x

Oh no!! :-( yes mine is December! x
Hey, Congratulations on your offer, its really amazing! Was just wondering whether you're from the UK/EU or an International Student? :O
Hey I'm hoping to study the same course. Of course no word back from Oxford yet or Kings, but exeter has given me AAA and Birmingham an unconditional. Just wondering if you've heard anything new?

Original post by Vladd09
Got a Conditional Offer from UEA Law with European Legal Studies. Waiting for Oxford, Ucl, Queen Mary and King's. Hope I'll get an answer soon:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending