The Student Room Group

Should I message this girl again?

I went on a date with her, it went well in my view, she was really talkative. The only Shen point was when I said she looked pretty, she says she doesn't take complements well.

I text her this morning basically saying, it was fun to get to know you, we should meet up again.

However she has not replied, so should I just move on?
Original post by Anonymous
I went on a date with her, it went well in my view, she was really talkative. The only Shen point was when I said she looked pretty, she says she doesn't take complements well.

I text her this morning basically saying, it was fun to get to know you, we should meet up again.

However she has not replied, so should I just move on?

Maybe don't move on just yet, but don't double message her. Give it a few more days and if you've heard nothing.. then sorry. :console:
I agree with Sean. Leave it and see if she messaged you. If she doesn't, move on. You've expressed your interest and anything more would come across as clingy
Happens to me all the time. Yes I'm a gullible sucker/loser you decide.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe don't move on just yet, but don't double message her. Give it a few more days and if you've heard nothing.. then sorry. :console:

Original post by georgiaswift
I agree with Sean. Leave it and see if she messaged you. If she doesn't, move on. You've expressed your interest and anything more would come across as clingy

thanks guys, she texted me now but 10 hours for a reply is a bit bad.

anywa can I tell you guys how the date went and tell me what you think?

she did most the talking, I was surprised - she shared many stories about herself -there was a lack of eye contact, but when I looked away she looked at me, however when I looked at her she would look away - I asked a little about her dating history, it's none existing. - I gave her a complement, but she said she doesn't take complements well. Then I said you must get hit on by a lot of guys,. - any slilences in the conversation she made the effort to break them - the last drink we got, she did play with her hair a little. And she was stood with her body turned towards me at the bar -I feel eye contact got a little better - and the end of the night we walked near to each other's houses. We hugged.

she did most the talking, I was surprised - she shared many stories about herself -there was a lack of eye contact, but when I looked away she looked at me, however when I looked at her she would look away - I asked a little about her dating history, it's none existing. - I gave her a complement, but she said she doesn't take complements well. Then I said you must get hit on by a lot of guys,. - any slilences in the conversation she made the effort to break them - the last drink we got, she did play with her hair a little. And she was stood with her body turned towards me at the bar -I feel eye contact got a little better - and the end of the night we walked near to each other's houses. We hugged.

It does sound like she likes you, but the sure way to know is what she texted you? If she texted saying she wants to meet again, then you know she likes you. If she didn't mention it, she probably doesn't like you

No, but I see you told us anyway.

Hmm, there's a thread going on about kissing after the first date, if you're interested.

Okay, it's good that she was talking alot and if you did 'active listening', asked questions, looked interested, laughed etc then that'll probably work in your favour. But I suppose in dates it should be close to 50/50 of her talking and you talking.

Eye contact is something that you could improve on, otherwise she may think that you're not interested, but don't overdo it and stare into her like crazy.

But it sounds like she was trying and wanted that date to work. :iiam:

Original post by Hashim123
No, but I see you told us anyway.

Savage.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
Savage.

I just thought it was rather rude that he asked and didn't wait for an answer. The manners on these peasants... appalling. :hat:
Reply 9
I'm curious now, what did she reply?!
Original post by Hashim123
I just thought it was rather rude that he asked and didn't wait for an answer. The manners on these peasants... appalling. :hat:

Do you even date bro?
Original post by SeanFM
Hmm, there's a thread going on about kissing after the first date, if you're interested.

Okay, it's good that she was talking alot and if you did 'active listening', asked questions, looked interested, laughed etc then that'll probably work in your favour. But I suppose in dates it should be close to 50/50 of her talking and you talking.

Eye contact is something that you could improve on, otherwise she may think that you're not interested, but don't overdo it and stare into her like crazy.

But it sounds like she was trying and wanted that date to work. :iiam:

Savage.

Im good at making eye contact, she did look when I looked away, however once I looked back she would look away and check with the corner of her eye.

she replied, had a good time, thank you
Original post by georgiaswift
It does sound like she likes you, but the sure way to know is what she texted you? If she texted saying she wants to meet again, then you know she likes you. If she didn't mention it, she probably doesn't like you

she just said 'had a good time, thank you'
Do you even date bro?

:cry2::cry2:
Reply 14
Doesn't sound like you wowed her. If you do get another chance cut out the complementary stuff and focus on a bit of fun and making her laugh
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zarek
Doesn't sound like you wowed her. If you do get another chance cut out the complementary stuff and focus on a bit of fun and making her laugh

hard to wow someone who keeps talking, and I dont really want to interrupt her
I wouldn't read too much into how long she takes to reply tbh. However, her response doesn't sound too good. If I was interested, I would have at least suggested another date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending