The Student Room Group

AS mechanics M1 homework question

Hi,

I've been doing the topic assessment for constant acceleration where I've managed to get to the last question. I've completed parts i. and ii. but I'm not sure how to do part iii.

Thanks in advance for any help :smile:
Bump :smile:
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Hi,

I've been doing the topic assessment for constant acceleration where I've managed to get to the last question. I've completed parts i. and ii. but I'm not sure how to do part iii.

Thanks in advance for any help :smile:

I don't know what the current rules are on assessed work, so here's a vague outline.

You'll need the result of the previous part.

When they meet displacement of bus = displacement of car.
(I'd take position of car when it's reached full speed at the zero).

For the bus you can use standard suvat for the deceleration but then add on 240 for its initial displacement from the car.
Original post by ghostwalker
I don't know what the current rules are on assessed work, so here's a vague outline.

You'll need the result of the previous part.

When they meet displacement of bus = displacement of car.
(I'd take position of car when it's reached full speed at the zero).

For the bus you can use standard suvat for the deceleration but then add on 240 for its initial displacement from the car.

Thanks for your help :smile: Normally my teacher uses them for an assessment but we've just been given the questions to practice for hwk this time, so don't worry.
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Thanks for your help :smile: Normally my teacher uses them for an assessment but we've just been given the questions to practice for hwk this time, so don't worry.

:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest