The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well done to all Biochem interview holders! Shout out to all my fellow history applicants who are still waiting :s-smilie:
Original post by drumsticks
Well done to all Biochem interview holders! Shout out to all my fellow history applicants who are still waiting :s-smilie:

:frown:
Original post by antigone-
:frown:

Is that a sympathetic biochem applicant or a sad historian? :wink:
Original post by drumsticks
Is that a sympathetic biochem applicant or a sad historian? :wink:

The latter unfortunately! :tongue:
Has anyone heard anything in terms of interviews for physics? I know it's still early but I'm still curious haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aquaxo
I can imagine! Oh well, grass is always greener :wink:

Fingers crossed :-)

Oh okay - do you mean a rejection or invitation for interview on the 20th? I guess there is no point worrying for now but it's hard to just forget about it :frown: I did my admissions test way over a month ago!

Invitation for interview :smile:

Yeah, I'd try and relax a little because as everyone says, you can't change things now.
Good luck!
Anyone heard anything regarding interviews for law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scblx
I am from a state school but I am an international applicant from Germany.
If I look up my school type it says grammar school but it is not exactly like this. German school system is complicated :biggrin: But it is definitely state owned and you can go there if you only want - there are just quite a lot that don't make it till the end.
My school never had even an Oxbridge applicant btw :biggrin:

Sounds great :-) what subject are you applying for?
Original post by Caitlan
Invitation for interview :smile:

Yeah, I'd try and relax a little because as everyone says, you can't change things now.
Good luck!

Oh awesome! So you did an interview last year I assume? If so, how was it?!

Original post by AceAttorney123
Anyone heard anything regarding interviews for law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nada :-(
Anyone heard from the physics department? Or mansfield for that matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aquaxo
Sounds great :-) what subject are you applying for?

PPE :smile:
Original post by bcmh
Seeing all these biochemistry interview offers makes me so nervous! Currently waiting for a decision on my biochem application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here D: still waiting for an answer
Original post by PlaneovertheSea
I am still trying to figure out some coping mechanism. Applying was and is a really long shot and I know that, but I cant get over my hopes and all the (probably totally inacurate) pictures in my head. I am forcing myself into this sort of limbo where I kind of expect a rejection but am hoping for an invitation like crazy and to be honest I just want to know which one of those it will be to properly deal with it....

Thank you for summing up exactly how I feel
Original post by tenstemsandroses
Awesome! Yeah, I don't think I've seen anyone else who's applying for that either. Well, all the better for less competition. What college did you reply for, if you don't mind me asking?

Worcester, you?
Original post by helpmeimfailing
Has anyone heard anything in terms of interviews for physics? I know it's still early but I'm still curious haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Dontknowhy
Anyone heard from the physics department? Or mansfield for that matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For physics you won't hear until late November/early December time (and you won't hear directly from the physics department, contact will be from your college) because they have to look at your application with PAT results - basically the only invitations going out now are for subjects with no written work and no tests.
Did anyone get an interview for Law yet? I'm kinda realisticly preparing myself for a rejection as an international student, but at the same time hoping for an offer
Original post by seasoning
Did anyone get an interview for Law yet? I'm kinda realisticly preparing myself for a rejection as an international student, but at the same time hoping for an offer

No, I don't think anyone has received an answer for law yet. Give it another one or two weeks, I suppose :smile:
Original post by midgemeister7
I don't get this. If applying was/is a really long shot, why bother getting hope and imagining yourself there? Just think of it as a 'meh might as well try'

With a 14% acceptance rate, it's always a long shot, no matter how good you are.
Original post by PlaneovertheSea
With a 14% acceptance rate, it's always a long shot, no matter how good you are.

I think so too.
And especially when you are applying for a subject with an admissions test, a lot depends on this test anyway, so you can never really know before
Guys, please pray for France and the people in Paris - our country has been so shaken up and needs all the help it can get!
What happened was horrible, I'm so lucky that I don't live in Paris but many people (including some of my family) do and have been injured.

Latest

Trending

Trending