The Student Room Group

Feeling so lonely.

I feel so incredibly lonely all the time. I've suffered with socia anxiety since being a teenager so I don't have any friends. Although I have social anxiety I enjoy being out meeting new people, it's just the interacting that I have problems with.

I sit at home all day, everyday and it's driving me insane. I have a few people in my family that I'm kinda close with but I still feel like I can't talk to anyone. I just want someone to talk to, even if it's just to go down the pub or something.

I've had CBT and finished in june but it obviously hasn't worked properly.

I cry myself to sleep because I'm so unhappy. I really don't know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I feel so incredibly lonely all the time. I've suffered with socia anxiety since being a teenager so I don't have any friends. Although I have social anxiety I enjoy being out meeting new people, it's just the interacting that I have problems with.

I sit at home all day, everyday and it's driving me insane. I have a few people in my family that I'm kinda close with but I still feel like I can't talk to anyone. I just want someone to talk to, even if it's just to go down the pub or something.

YOU HAVE MMEEEE - Yes, I don't know who you are. But, so what! We can become good friends! Please do PM me if you'd like to talk! :smile: :smile:

SMILE. EVEN IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE IT, SMILE. LOOK AT THE MIRROR... AND SMILE TO YOURSELF. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE ****ING FANTABULOUS AND HAVE THE COURAGE SAY 'OF COURSE, I'M ****ING AMAZING' WHEN SOMEBODY COMPLIMENTS YOU. WHAT'S EVEN BETTER IF YOU LISTEN TO A SONG CALLED 'LOVE MYSELF' BY HAILEE STEINFELD AND SMILE TO YOURSELF. BE YOU. BE AMAZING. BE FANATABULOUS. BE ****ING EXTRAORDINARY. BE AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT.

:smile: :smile: I hope this has helped :smile:
Don't forget.... SMILE :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ravioliyears
YOU HAVE MMEEEE - Yes, I don't know who you are. But, so what! We can become good friends! Please do PM me if you'd like to talk! :smile: :smile:

SMILE. EVEN IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE IT, SMILE. LOOK AT THE MIRROR... AND SMILE TO YOURSELF. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE ****ING FANTABULOUS AND HAVE THE COURAGE SAY 'OF COURSE, I'M ****ING AMAZING' WHEN SOMEBODY COMPLIMENTS YOU. WHAT'S EVEN BETTER IF YOU LISTEN TO A SONG CALLED 'LOVE MYSELF' BY HAILEE STEINFELD AND SMILE TO YOURSELF. BE YOU. BE AMAZING. BE FANATABULOUS. BE ****ING EXTRAORDINARY. BE AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT.

Thank you so much for this.

I smiled just reading it :smile:
Thank you so much for this.

I smiled just reading it :smile:

Yaaayyyy fab!! :biggrin: Please, do PM me if you'd like to talk :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 4

this is me OP :frown:. It's worse when your in the uni and no one wants to be your friend because 'you are a boring person who is only fun when drunk'.

You can take alcohol to supress the depression like i do. But don't be dependent on them
Reply 5
There are a lot of people on here who would be more than happy to have a chat with you when you need it and get you thinking more positively. Myself being one. After all we have more time to give than doctors do!
Reply 6
Original post by georgem93
There are a lot of people on here who would be more than happy to have a chat with you when you need it and get you thinking more positively. Myself being one. After all we have more time to give than doctors do!

Thank you, you're all so nice.
Reply 7
Feel free to drop me a private message if you want to chat :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Uyi 95
this is me OP :frown:. It's worse when your in the uni and no one wants to be your friend because 'you are a boring person who is only fun when drunk'.

You can take alcohol to supress the depression like i do. But don't be dependent on them

I know all to well how it feels to think you're the "boring one no one wants to be around"

We shouldn't do it but I've also been drawn to alcohol, especially on bad days.
Original post by ravioliyears

you are the sweetest person on the planet :love::loveduck:
Reply 10
Have you looked for any clubs/groups that meet to partake or discuss any of your hobbies or interests? You'll find there is more out there than you think!

I'm in a similar situation, only somewhat older. Its not easy, but it does get better over time.
Feel the same it's pretty common nowadays with social media and stuff it's all bull**** the facebook/Twitter stuff. It just adds to people feeling disconnected. People are so pretentious nowadays as well noone's willing to be themselves they just put on a front that they're fine and waste the opportunity to connect with people on a more serious level rather than just passing waffle and posting pics/status.

I think social anxiety should personally be made more aware in this country, don't worry your not the only one in the same boat , my old friends betray me and i cant make new friends, also i have the habit of yawning everytime i walk a group of people and when speaking to people. Personally i think you dont have to have friends to be happy, do some trekking on your own , try outdoor sport there fun and you can meet people their,
Original post by CoolCavy
you are the sweetest person on the planet :love::loveduck:

Awh, thank you!

Spoiler

I know people who have gone through similar emotions as you are feeling. Some of which are now my best friends. Seriously i am fairly new to TSR but im happy to talk whenever you like :smile: PM if you wish about anything, whether its about studies or even about what you ate for dinner lol :P

Hope you feel better & stay blessed :smile:
Original post by dhr90
Have you looked for any clubs/groups that meet to partake or discuss any of your hobbies or interests? You'll find there is more out there than you think!

I'm in a similar situation, only somewhat older. Its not easy, but it does get better over time.

Thank you for the advice.

My problem is actually interacting with people so when I do find a club or something I just can't bring myself to actually go.
Reply 16

My problem is actually interacting with people so when I do find a club or something I just can't bring myself to actually go.

I know exactly how you feel! I struggle to interact with people I've known for years sometimes. You could try contacting individuals within the groups and asking if they would be willing to meet you beforehand?

How tall are you and what gender? Im guessing male
Original post by ElectronDonor
How tall are you and what gender? Im guessing male

No I'm a girl and what has my height got to do with anything lol.
No I'm a girl and what has my height got to do with anything lol.

There maybe a correlation in extremes in height and SA

Quick Reply

Latest