The Student Room Group

SCREWED: Mock exams in 3 days and DONE NO REVISION!

Disappointingly, the time spent on revision has been almost none. Any ideas as to how I can make the most of the weekend?
Make a timetable and focus on the parts you have trouble on. Go through past papers this weekend!
do all the past papers
if you come across a question which you dont know abt revise the topic in ur bok
Reply 3
should've started at least a month ago...
You're screwed because you haven't revised for mock exams?

That's kind of like being screwed because you haven't packed any wooly jumpers for a trip to the sun.
Original post by kennethdcharles
should've started at least a month ago...

Well, slight exaggeration. I started early, almost forgot everything and done barely any in the last two weeks.
Reply 6
Hey, The worst thing you could do at the moment is cram every thing at once. You need to look through some past papers and as mentioned in a previous post, really focus on the areas your not as confident on. Your not gonna get everything into the weekend so a timetable is really gonna be your best friend over the next few days. Hopefully You learn something for when your actual exams start...
i did no revision at all and i gt a b and 3 c and a mostly d's
Reply 8
Original post by MyGCSESubjects
Well, slight exaggeration. I started early, almost forgot everything and done barely any in the last two weeks.

See I don't learn to forget; when I learn or revise, I don't forget things, so I prefer to start early, giving me time to revise everything, knowing I won't forget the things I did earlier.
I didn't do any revsion at all for my media mock last week got a B1 one mark away from an A so get your nose in a book and you'll be fine !! And I read on the weekend starting Sunday !!
I did no revision on my gcse mocks and only failed 2 things. Turned out to be irrelevant when it came to doing the actual GCSEs where I didn't fail anything. People panic about mocks unnecessarily.
Reply 11
Original post by homairapatel
do all the past papers
if you come across a question which you dont know abt revise the topic in ur bok

this!! past papers help so much its how i passed maths after not understanding for years :K:
Original post by MrNewton
Hey, The worst thing you could do at the moment is cram every thing at once. You need to look through some past papers and as mentioned in a previous post, really focus on the areas your not as confident on. Your not gonna get everything into the weekend so a timetable is really gonna be your best friend over the next few days. Hopefully You learn something for when your actual exams start...

When done right, cramming works so well at gcse. If it can work for actual gcse exams, it'll work for mocks. It just takes dedication and organisation tbh. Also, people cram using past paper questions and mark schemes, so if OP were to cram like this, he/she would be doing what you're suggesting, but just more of it.
Same lol
Original post by MyGCSESubjects
Disappointingly, the time spent on revision has been almost none. Any ideas as to how I can make the most of the weekend?

Read through the spec, see what you know. Revise over notes and go through past papers. Read through the spec again and if you have to, repeat the exam questions you've just answered to so you get the hang of how to answer them. Tbh, you should've started ages ago - but then again, I did the same thing when I did my GCSEs lol

Quick Reply

Latest