The Student Room Group

Can Makeup Make Ugly Girls Pretty?

I used to think you couldnt polish a turd and some girls who are wearing makeup are obviously unattractive even with it. (For example most emo girls cake their face in it, but are obviously 6/10s even with loads of foundation)

But then you see "before and after" pics when celebrities use great makeup artists and it's like 5/10 to 10/10 wtf

Girls can makeup make an ugly girl pretty? Do you think this is deception?

Scroll to see replies

no, are you silly? (answer to make up isn't a deception.)
(edited 8 years ago)
Depends on how well the make-up was done

Depends on how much makeup they put on
Reply 3
Original post by samina_ay
no, are you silly?

I've seen a lot of celebrities who do it. They can probably afford really good makeup people though :colone:
Reply 4
Original post by Pronged Lily
Depends on how well the make-up was done

Depends on how much makeup they put on

How much and what do you girls put on?

Also what even is "well done"? :lol:
those photos are photoshopped too and where the girl has no make up on, they usually wear glases, have their hair messy, look insecure and dont pose. This is to trick you into believing that the change is more drastic than it actually is. Also, when girls are wearing make up they seem to be more confident which adds to their beauty
Clearly depends on what you consider ugly and pretty. But to answer your question, probably yes.
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
I've seen a lot of celebrities who do it. They can probably afford really good makeup people though :colone:

it's how you apply it as well, the discussion of make up being a deception is so over-talked. if you feel left out, feel free to purchase your own and try it out.
Reply 8
Original post by Ketchuplover
those photos are photoshopped too and where the girl has no make up on, they usually wear glases, have their hair messy, look insecure and dont pose. This is to trick you into believing that the change is more drastic than it actually is. Also, when girls are wearing make up they seem to be more confident which adds to their beauty

Yes photoshop is insane. I didnt realise how much they photoshop not just bodies but not faces too!

I mean candid pics btw not posed no makeup ones
Reply 9
it's how you apply it as well, the discussion of make up being a deception is so over-talked. if you feel left out, feel free to purchase your own and try it out.

Why are you getting so mad?
Did you honestly just ask if makeup can make an ugly girl look pretty how demeaning
Original post by Alrounder79
Clearly depends on what you consider ugly and pretty. But to answer your question, probably yes.

I'd post celebrity pics but Im gonna get flamed.

Off the top of my head someone like Victoria Beckham though. Celebrity women are often really thin and gaunt, so while they look good with makeup on, their cheeks look sucked in and about 50 years old with it off
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Did you honestly just ask if makeup can make an ugly girl look pretty how demeaning

Yes :smug:

agreed.
How much and what do you girls put on?

Also what even is "well done"? :lol:

It depends on the person :P

Well if you're not very good at it (like me) you may just end up looking really silly xD
Or if someone just copied a look they liked from somewhere that doesn't actually suit them they may also look silly...
Yes :smug:

Well then you really do live up to your username
Why are you getting so mad?

So i can judge your "before" and "after".
agreed.

Thank you I'm not the only who thinks it
Original post by Pronged Lily
It depends on the person :P

Well if you're not very good at it (like me) you may just end up looking really silly xD
Or if someone just copied a look they liked from somewhere that doesn't actually suit them they may also look silly...

I know girls who are apparently "good" with it. I dont know many who can do celebrity transformations though.

How do you mean by "suiting" though? Colours and stuff?

xGCSE_Studentx

hahahahaha

i would rep you, but i can't lol..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending