The Student Room Group

are you scared to die?

Scroll to see replies

No, the I actually find the idea of not existing anymore quite comforting. Makes me feel like everything is pointless and that takes the edge off as I have nothing to worry about.
Nope not really. I'm just scared of dying young, or dying in a horrible way.
I'm not afraid of actually being dead as such, it's more the method of how I die which scares me. I'm mostly afraid of dying in pain, dying alone etc than actually being dead.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Dying quickly and peacefully without having to endure a painful long term illness is a luxury.
The prospect of languishing in an NHS bed or the care system and gradually losing my independence at some point in the future keeps me up at night every now and again.

That is a problem of previous generations though. We can just opt for euthanasia these days, and it will obviously be an often used option by the time we are old. I suspect the most common way to die will be euthanasia.
Yep. I just don't like the unknown :redface:
Original post by MrKmas508
No, the I actually find the idea of not existing anymore quite comforting. Makes me feel like everything is pointless and that takes the edge off as I have nothing to worry about.

Exactly
Lol no.
I makes no sense to me to be afraid of the inevitable
Nah not really, I mean you won't even know when you're dead so I try not to think about the "what ifs".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally, it's not death itself that causes fear, it's the method of how one will die that will probably evoke some sort of dread, the pain etc.
In the long run, we are all dead.

That being said, I would prefer to avoid a painful experience immediately prior to death.
Terrified of dying, not afraid of being dead.
Doesn't matter how you die, does it? Once you're dead you wouldn't know the difference.
Reply 52
I'm only scared of what I'm going to miss. I wish humans make contact with extraterrestrial life before I die
The thought of dying when I'm older and have lived my life out doesn't scare me. It's the thought of dying young that scares me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I feel like scared is the wrong word. I'd rather not die at all, but I don't feel... fearful. Like how you'd rather not give yourself a paper cut but you're not scared of them.

this is a lovely way to phrase it
"To die will be an awfully big adventure."
Peter Pan
Original post by Eggs20
1. No it's bsamin because you talk so much bs
2. No it's dieing genius.
3. You would scrap yourself if death was near.

believing in an afterlife, no, but I rather live to the fullest while I can.
Reply 58
Ask me a week ago and I would've said "Yes, I'm terrified"

Now... I'd probably welcome it. Haha funny how time can change the way you think :smile:
Original post by ZuluK
Ask me a week ago and I would've said "Yes, I'm terrified"

Now... I'd probably welcome it. Haha funny how time can change the way you think :smile:

What changed? :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest