The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good on you! Yeah atleast give it a go, go out of your comfort zone, atleast then you won't be wasting time stipulating over whether you should or shouldn't try a dating app just go for it. Seriously you've got nothing to lose. Stay positive and I hope you let us know how it goes :smile:
Gnighttttt

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah perhaps I should look to dating apps/sites next. I've always been scared of them, and I'm not big on things like social media and stuff anyway but maybe it's time to get out of my comfort zone even more. Thanks for the advice you are correct I'm so gung-ho on this one guy and this one rejection that I forgot that there are other guys out there. And if I had the courage to ask him out imagine what else I might be able to do :smile:
I did... I've made a thread about this before and got encouraged to do it by TSRians and then he rejected me :frown: I'm pretty burned right now so I don't think I will be asking again any time soon. No one wants to date me.
Don't be daft :hugs:

Just keep trying, but don't let yourself be taken for a mug. And in the meantime, invest in some new toys.
Original post by Mancini
I can't take threads like this very seriously, you know very well if you want to do what you want to do you can do it. So this to me is just a little like attention seeking.

Oh get lost.

OP, if it makes you feel any better then I can assure you that you're definitely not the only one in such a situation.:hugs:
My god the horny people on this thread who have to ask for PMs anonymously omg if you are gonna be like that at least drop the anon >.>
Hello, please keep anon!

So anyway I am a female and it's been a long time since I've had sex... Relieving myself just isn't cutting it one bit.

I know it would be quite easy to find a ONS or a FWB but the problem is I can't seperate sex and emotions and trust is an important aspect for me too. No guys are asking me out on dates let alone to be in a relationship so it may be a while before I get a boyfriend, if ever.

I'm so horny I've actually cried my eyes out over this.

Serious answers only please. What should I do?
Take your time but there are people out there who want the same. fwb can be emotional too. just need to find the right lad.
You're screwed. You're never going to get into a satisfactory relationship without being willing to take a chance and put yourself out there a bit, and you're not willing to do that.
Lots of angry beta males ITT :colonhash:

meetup.com is a good idea I've always meant to join that site. I guess I'm scared of getting myself out there as I am scared of rejection and I feel the early stages of getting to know someone very scary and unpredictable I'm pretty sure no one wants to be with me so in some ways I think by putting myself out there I'm just asking to get hurt.

I would recommend meetup :smile: its not like tinder
Original post by cole-slaw
You're screwed. You're never going to get into a satisfactory relationship without being willing to take a chance and put yourself out there a bit, and you're not willing to do that.

This is too ambiguous and doesn't help, since in reality it is not so easy.
Hello, please keep anon!

So anyway I am a female and it's been a long time since I've had sex... Relieving myself just isn't cutting it one bit.

I know it would be quite easy to find a ONS or a FWB but the problem is I can't seperate sex and emotions and trust is an important aspect for me too. No guys are asking me out on dates let alone to be in a relationship so it may be a while before I get a boyfriend, if ever.

I'm so horny I've actually cried my eyes out over this.

Serious answers only please. What should I do?

Why not go on a dating website and meet more people, make new friends, you never know you could find the one.... and have a serious and committed relationship on the way!
You want passionate and emotional sex, but you're never going to find that unless you find a guy that you can actually connect to. You need to go out a look for the type of guy you feel you can connect to on a physical, sensual and emotional level, instead of searching for good sex with any odd guy. Having said that, decent guys these days are very rare, so just be mindful of you who you approach and also try and be patient love, you can't rush this sort of thing. Emotions and sensuality develops through time as connection between two people deepen.
Original post by Tootles
Don't be daft :hugs:

Just keep trying, but don't let yourself be taken for a mug. And in the meantime, invest in some new toys.

Thanks you're right I can't give up!
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Oh get lost.

OP, if it makes you feel any better then I can assure you that you're definitely not the only one in such a situation.:hugs:

Thanks littlenorthernlass :smile: It's a tough spot to be in feels so frustrating but we will make it!
Original post by Mancini
Nah you should get lost and stop feeding attention seekers a lot of you need to grow up.

I think you're the biggest attention seeker of all you sound so bitter.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Take your time but there are people out there who want the same. fwb can be emotional too. just need to find the right lad.

How can FWBs be emotional? Would that not defeat the whole point? Would I not get attached?
How can FWBs be emotional? Would that not defeat the whole point? Would I not get attached?

if youre a kid its best you allow yourself to grow up. if not there are ways to get emotion..pleasure in every sense of the word without quite the drawbacks of dating. sure its not easy to obtain or worse maintain but its possible.
Original post by cole-slaw

Maybe I am screwed. I did put myself out there, and I have done several times before to no avail and now my confidence is at rock bottom. I think maybe I just need some time to heal and reset but at the same point I'm feeling frustrated and lonely. I wonder if I should just settle for casual affairs as maybe I'm just too hurt for something real.
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
Lots of angry beta males ITT :colonhash:

They always come for me when I make a thread, I'm getting used to it and expect it now.
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
I would recommend meetup :smile: its not like tinder

Yeah I think I will start with meetup :smile:
Find a decent looking friend who is also experienced with girls (I cannot stress this enough, if you choose a virgin, he will be crap in bed and fall in love with you) and explain how you feel, say you're not necessarily looking for a boyfriend, but you'd like to have some connection.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
if youre a kid its best you allow yourself to grow up. if not there are ways to get emotion..pleasure in every sense of the word without quite the drawbacks of dating. sure its not easy to obtain or worse maintain but its possible.

I'm 23 years old. If it's not easy to maintain or obtain is it worth the risk then?
Original post by The Rad Prince
Find a decent looking friend who is also experienced with girls (I cannot stress this enough, if you choose a virgin, he will be crap in bed and fall in love with you) and explain how you feel, say you're not necessarily looking for a boyfriend, but you'd like to have some connection.

Hmm that's interesting... Someone experienced. Do you think if he is good in bed there is a danger that I may fall for him? Yes the connection is the important thing for me :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending