The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
Yeah, I suppose. But the area is crowded and you would want them to be in a confined space. If it's terrorist, they want to be martyrs.

I'd prefer them to be martyrs than sitting in a cushy cell for the rest of their life's preaching hate for the people who feed them while people protest outside his prison demanding "Freedom for Mohammed". Then again we don't know they're Muslim yet so if they aren't, my response is that if they're killed no one will remember them in the long term so it doesn't matter either way.
(edited 8 years ago)
France has a serious problem here. This **** is bad enough in places you half expect something to happen, but not France. Obviously the UK has been successfully targeted in the past and sadly probably will again, but these people are clearly having a far easier time pulling off things there.

Thoughts with everyone affected :frown:
Original post by Novascope
Lmfao. It was sarcasm, because I couldn't believe the amount of ignorance in the posts I responded to. Whether or not the gunman is Muslim I think what you both wrote was disgusting and not needed. You completely generalised Muslims and that's wrong. Not ALL terrorists are Muslim.

No I don't hate white men, I used that as an example to show how stupid to say something like that is. Lmao also I don't support the 7/7 bombings, what the hell is wrong with you?

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but it seems most terrorists ARE Muslims.

It's rather hard to convey sarcasm through text, bear that in mind.
Or it's a "crazy" white guy again. They're always up to that sort of ****.

Why bring race into this?
Original post by MrKmas508
I'd prefer them to be martyrs than sitting in a cushy cell for the rest of their life's preaching hate for the people who feed while people protest outside his prison demanding "Freedom for Mohammed". Then again we don't know they're Muslim yet so if they aren't my response is that if they're killed no one will remember them in the long term.

Don't get me wrong, they will be shot.

It's rather hard to convey sarcasm through text, bear that in mind.

Haha CLASSIC line. "Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims." Do some research on terrorism, and learn that it's not only committed by Muslims.

I guess back when the IRA were operating it would be perfectly fine to say that all terrorists are Irish? Get the **** out of here lol.
Reply 26

Go listen to local news in Northern Ireland and see if you still maintain that view.
Lmfao. It was sarcasm, because I couldn't believe the amount of ignorance in the posts I responded to. Whether or not the gunman is Muslim I think what you both wrote was disgusting and not needed. You completely generalised Muslims and that's wrong. Not ALL terrorists are Muslim.

No I don't hate white men, I used that as an example to show how stupid to say something like that is.

I haven't blamed Muslims because I simply don't know who is responsible.

I am fully aware that Muslims get targeted more than White men on this website and I say this as someone who is non-Muslim, but I have noticed you as a user like to talk a lot about White men in a negative way and it's just a bit weird really.
Reply 28
Shooting is ongoing.
Reply 29
It's probably terrorism, and no, I'm not suggesting it's religiously motivated. Anybody could be a terrorist.
Reports are multiple attacks with multiple gunmen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203
if it is a terrorist attack by Muslims who cares? I don't. I know full well that;
1) It wasn't really Islam (see the no true Scotsman argument)
2) Muslims are the victims when they face a backlash (the real victims are ignored)
3) That another one will happen again.
4) Despite point 3 Merkel, Hollande and call me Dave will continue importing Muslims when the current number is already too high. And when Turkey joins the EU along with this existing migrant crisis god help us.

And last, but most importantly;

5) The sheeple will moan but not do anything. They will continue voting for the same old parties. And nothing will change. There won't even be any protests, nothing.
Reply 32
Original post by HoroDergams
It still doesn't make any difference. To have said "muslims" - I guess I'm included to. If it the attack was plotted by those crazy extremist terrorist - I'd still be responsible for it?

The question that I was pointing to was - When is it ok to actually generalise about a group of people who so happen to share one common trait ( a religion) - it's never right! For that reason your comment is invalid to me

I didn't say or suggest all Muslims were terrorists any more than I'd say all White Irish people are terrorists.

However when a shooting occurs in Paris an assumption can be made in the same way that a pipe bomb in Belfast can also lead to assumptions.
Original post by BaconandSauce

If a white kid shoots people in the US it makes headline news.

When black and Mexican kids shoot someone then it makes no news even though they are responsible for huge numbers of crime and in particular shootings, much more than their numbers should suggest.

Why bring race into this? No idea why people do to be honest.
Do ISIS want to destabilise France to the point where they can attempt to take over districts? Sounds nuts but...
The religion of peace strikes again (probably) .
Original post by The Rad Prince
I haven't blamed Muslims because I simply don't know who is responsible.

I am fully aware that Muslims get targeted more than White men on this website and I say this as someone who is non-Muslim, but I have noticed you as a user like to talk a lot about White men in a negative way and it's just a bit weird really.

Well why are people making assumptions before facts are even announced.

I'm sorry but that's just garbage. I don't talk about white men (in particular as you've pointed out). I HAVE spoken about white people as a whole in the PAST if it's relevant to the thread I'm replying to. Which mostly tend to concern racism, if not again as I said it's relevant to the topic on the thread. So how the hell does that mean I dislike white men? Also, funny how I've gone through my posts and can't find a single post
Reply 37
Original post by i<3milkshake
if it is a terrorist attack by Muslims who cares? I don't. I know full well that;
1) It wasn't really Islam (see the no true Scotsman argument)
2) Muslims are the victims when they face a backlash (the real victims are ignored)
3) That another one will happen again.
4) Despite point 3 Merkel, Hollande and call me Dave will continue importing Muslims when the current number is already too high. And when Turkey joins the EU along with this existing migrant crisis god help us.

And last, but most importantly;

5) The sheeple will moan but not do anything. They will continue voting for the same old parties. And nothing will change. There won't even be any protests, nothing.

Don't forget the classic "it's a conspiracy created by America to fight against Islam"
'SHOOTING IS SAID TO BE CONTINUING' ****ing hell :frown:
Original post by BaconandSauce

IT WAS SARCASM FFS. (if you wanna read what I said before you posted that)

Why bring Muslims into this (reference to other posts)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending