The Student Room Group

Grade D to B.. possible?

I achieved two D's in biology and PE AS level, is it possible for me to get a high enough grade in A2 to boost those to a B WITHOUT resits?
I mean are there enough marks there in A2 for me to do that?
Help asap please!:smile:
Original post by Annaaix_
I achieved two D's in biology and PE AS level, is it possible for me to get a high enough grade in A2 to boost those to a B WITHOUT resits?

It's possible depending on your exam board's rules and conditions.But I'd say do the resits.

A = 80%
B = 70%
C = 60%
D = 50%

It's not too hard to work out, take whatever percentage you got at AS, for example 53%. work out how much more you need for a B, which in this example is 17%. Now add 17% to what you need for a B (which is 70%).

So from that example you would need 87% at A2 to get a B overall. You can just apply that to your results and then see what you need.

You certainly need at least an A. As for whether you can get it I have no idea but I would suggest resitting at least some modules.
Reply 3

Just resit the 'easiest' AS modules for those subjects

I win from a C in chem to A, and a B to A in physics, and an B to A* in maths

You'd need A*'s in your A2's which is unlikely given the evidence. If I were you, I'd just do the resits.

Quick Reply

Latest