The Student Room Group

Can't stop smoking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom Jickleson
At some point in September I randomly decided to buy a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Just wanted to see what it felt like.

I've been smoking ever since. Today I was feeling down and smoked an entire pack of 20 cigarettes.

This bugs me, I remember back in school judging the smoker kids as conformist losers, and here I am now, infinitely more of a loser than them.

What can I do? I don't wanna die man.

I'm not addicted to cigarettes but I do rely on weed so I kinda get your struggle but you're a top notch troll so nvm
I thought this said, netflix and pills pls
Smoking is good for you, it increases oxygen in the blood and makes you more clever
Original post by DavidMIliband
Smoking is good for you, it increases oxygen in the blood and makes you more clever

When is the GCSE biology retake? Good luck in it :smile: No srs
Original post by Drunk Punx
So learn. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Vapes give you the nicotine you "need" without the cancer. Win win. You'd be a fool to not look into it.

You don't have to go big at first, just buy a normal pen from any good tobacconists, some liquid to go with it, spare battery, etc, and you're good to go. A flannel could use one without any difficulty.

If you've been using it for a while and feel that you want to upgrade, then that's when you could do with some kind of knowledge (Ohms Law, VV/VW, rebuildables, etc) on the subject. Thankfully, the Internet is a bastion of knowledge for vapers.

Get on it, lad. You know it makes sense.

Cheers, I'll give it a go.
Original post by ivy.98
They're similar to e-cigs.
You basically smoke this liquid called e-liquid, which hardly ever contains nicotine. It helps cig users quit. And its fun, all the vape tricks you can do :awesome:

1. Not all vapes are e-cigs, but all e-cigs are vapes.
2. E-liquid contains nicotine unless you opt for zero nicotine content liquid.
3. It doesn't help us quit, it merely transfers our addiction to a healthier alternative. It can help people quit if they cut down their nicotine intake by regulating which juices they use, but on the surface of it it's merely exchanging one for another.
Reply 26
Original post by Drunk Punx
1. Not all vapes are e-cigs, but all e-cigs are vapes.
2. E-liquid contains nicotine unless you opt for zero nicotine content liquid.
3. It doesn't help us quit, it merely transfers our addiction to a healthier alternative. It can help people quit if they cut down their nicotine intake by regulating which juices they use, but on the surface of it it's merely exchanging one for another.

Yeah you literally just elaborated what I said..
I thought e cigs were fine because it's the tar in cigarettes that cause the damage, not the nicotine?

Damn man I'm really regretting this now. My heart is starting to ache, I can already feel it. **** this, I'm going cold turkey! (about to symbolically stomp on my cigarette packet)
At some point in September I randomly decided to buy a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Just wanted to see what it felt like.

I've been smoking ever since. Today I was feeling down and smoked an entire pack of 20 cigarettes.

This bugs me, I remember back in school judging the smoker kids as conformist losers, and here I am now, infinitely more of a loser than them.

Get yourself down the chemist buy nicotine patches gum basically any thing that you think can help you to stopI'm not gonna lie your suffering from an addiction and it will be hard particularly the first 28 days seeing as you only started recently it should be easier to stop rather than if you stopped after a few years.

There are so many products out there to help you stop and of course you can always come on here for words of inspiration if you do give up you can put it on your personal statement it'l show you won't shy away from something because it's hard or at least you could spin it that way good luck and let us know how it goes as a first step chuck out the cigarets and lighter.
6 months is still impressive though tbh. Interesting that after 6 months your addiction wasn't completely gone - does it stick with you forever?
use damania
Reply 31
nigggas know true

hopping out the milibando
Original post by K.C
hopping out the milibando

yo niggga lets eat chicken and get high lol
Reply 33
yo niggga lets eat chicken and get high lol

i dont smoke
Original post by Dabo_26
e-cigs dude

Original post by ivy.98
Just get a vape

E-cigs are an effective way to help you stop smoking, however e-cigs themselves aren't harmless, they too are pretty toxic for your lungs and body, though not as toxic as cigarettes.
Maybe you should just man up and throw them in the bin...?
I know plenty of people that have smoked for years and they suddenly gave up, it's not like you can't. Sure nicotine is addictive, but fast food can be too.
It's ludicrous how smokers often mock overweight people but it really is the same principle

Quick Reply

Latest