The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TorpidPhil
That's a really stupid comment.

Do you fancy reading my post after that post before you say something like that? Thanks.

This is why I am perplexed by his/her comment. I'm not sure if they were being serious but then tried to add balance, or were being sarcastic at the end but shooting themselves in the foot, I don't know.
Original post by i<3milkshake
Today in the news a Muslim woman was pushed in front of a train. She somehow managed to survive.

After these attacks I imagine that the above will be happening much more often. I suspect that people will not be feeling very peaceful toward the (entirely self-proclaimed) religion of peace.

Well such people are just as insanely thick as the terrorists, aren't they? I wish all the thickos would go somewhere and beat each other to death.
Reply 63
Original post by Novascope
They were still branded as terrorists though. Terrorism isn't only defined by religion. I mean if the British Government themselves branded the IRA as terrorists why are you arguing? You completely missed my point, I used them as an example for how stupid it is to say all terrorists are Muslims, because back when the IRA were around people probably weren't saying all terrorists are Irish.

Look I don't know why the gunman did it. You're still not getting my point. I'm heartbroken by this news. I have not once said that I condone Muslim terrorists or support them. I simply showed that I find it ignorant to assume and generalise...

This is my last comment on the killers for this thread. My assumption and generalisation is not ignorant, because I will be proved right. That is the problem
Do you fancy reading my post after that post before you say something like that? Thanks.

Ok, it's not stupid, but it's inappropriate. Comeon, are you not sick of these Islamic extremists by now? I am beyond tired of hearing about them. Islam needs to disappear. How influential do you think your monotheism is to the maintenance of encouragement of "casual Islam"?
Reply 65
The Gunman has felt the scene. He's still alive.
Well why are people making assumptions before facts are even announced.

I'm sorry but that's just garbage. I don't talk about white men (in particular as you've pointed out). I HAVE spoken about white people as a whole in the PAST if it's relevant to the thread I'm replying to. Which mostly tend to concern racism, if not again as I said it's relevant to the topic on the thread. So how the hell does that mean I dislike white men? Also, funny how I've gone through my posts and can't find a single post

That's it though, the constant whining about racist White men or how the media only represents White people in a positive way. If anything the media is more cosmopolitan than is representative of the UK, not that I mind given that I actually quite like different cultures, but I dislike the bitterness.
CNN saying apparently 60 hostages in a theartre.

Bloody disgusting, what did the French people do for this **** :frown:
Original post by TorpidPhil
Ok, it's not stupid, but it's inappropriate. Comeon, are you not sick of these Islamic extremists by now? I am beyond tired of hearing about them. Islam needs to disappear. How influential do you think your monotheism is to the maintenance of encouragement of "casual Islam"?

How is it inappropriate? Bloody hell does anyone read around here? I'm not saying that these sorts of shootings and bombings by Muslims are ok. I'm just sick of ignorant people putting all Muslims into one group and saying they're all terrorists when we all well know that these terrorists who are Muslims make up a tiny ass percentage of Muslims in the world. I am sick of hearing about these kinds of attacks. I'm also sick of hearing about mass shootings in America. Am I going around screaming all white people are mass shooters? No. I simply used that as an example to show how ignorant those posts were. Not inappropriate at all.
This is worrying as f
What has France come to? :frown:
Original post by MrKmas508
Actually no, this time I'm going to be the adult of this situation and instead of wondering about the killer I'll think about the victims. I emplore you to follow my example from now on in this thread.

I am. I am thinking of all the victims of the future attacks. I beg of you, for the sake of the innocent victims of the future, to demand change. Follow my example from now on in this thread.

(Apparently it isn't adult to want to stop these attacks but I will continue to be childish and demand that politicians are held accountable for the damage they are causing to society).

Original post by ironandbeer2
Maybe true in the UK, but not France. Remember the 2 million on the streets after Charlie Hebdo?

By protest I mean a proper protest. One that demands change. After Hebdo what changed? Europe want to let Turkey into the EU and the migrant crisis saw Merkel welcome them with open arms, that's what happened. Fat lot of good that protest did.
Reply 72
this world is becoming crazy

terrorism needs to end:frown:
Original post by The Rad Prince
That's it though, the constant whining about racist White men or how the media only represents White people in a positive way. If anything the media is more cosmopolitan than is representative of the UK, not that I mind given that I actually quite like different cultures, but I dislike the bitterness.

If you haven't noticed I've responded to a lot of threads since I've joined this site. Out of all of those posts, not ALL are in reply to threads about racism. What exactly is your deal? You're completely going off what I originally intended for this post (which was to show how ignorant it is to generalise) and you're just trying to show that I have a dislike for white men? Like calm down and kindly piss off.
Its ridiculous that people are killing each other in the 21st century over religion, race or other differences.
As must as the French annoy us, we know they have the balls to stand-up against this and sort it out!
Reply 76

I was referring to the state-sponsored rebels in Ukraine.
If you haven't noticed I've responded to a lot of threads since I've joined this site. Out of all of those posts, not ALL are in reply to threads about racism. What exactly is your deal? You're completely going off what I originally intended for this post (which was to show how ignorant it is to generalise) and you're just trying to show that I have a dislike for white men? Like calm down and kindly piss off.

If you don't like vanilla ice cream, try a different flavour, but at least be sweet about it.
Original post by jedanselemyia
This is worrying as f
What has France come to? :frown:

France has come to its knees. I hope Britain learns from the example of France. I hope so, before it is too late. We are fast approaching that point now.

Original post by BaconandSauce

This just gets worse and worse.
Original post by xxvine
this world is becoming crazy

terrorism needs to end:frown:

The world isn't becoming crazy, a certain religion is just spreading.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending