The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203. I wonder who's responsible? Any takers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Early reports say at 7 dead and 10 injured. A bomb has also gone off in another part of Paris.
Reply 2
Police have just arrived at the scene.
TFR/LCI say that shots were fired towards restaurant terraces and bars in the Xème arrondissement. Reports of deaths and many injured. This is a very busy area of Paris, especially on Friday nights.

http://m.mytf1news.fr/article/5381953?cat=alaune
(In French)

Could be gang-related, but following the recent surge in Islamic attacks, one can speculate it's another.

Hearts go out to the dead and injured. I hate when the country where my heart belongs falls victim of such callous acts.
Original post by MrKmas508
Police have just arrived at the scene.

The gunman/men could still be there.
Reply 5
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
The gunman/men could still be there.

Hopefully.
Let's wait for the facts.

But it doesn't look good.
Hopefully.

What on Earth do you mea by "hopefully".
Original post by BaconandSauce

But it doesn't look good.

Yeah, it's certainly isn't mature to jump to conclusions, but it looks like a terrorist attack to me.

I thought it could be gang-related, but according to BBC, there has been a bomb too.

I think he's hoping that the gunmen are still present and hence they will end up getting caught by the police.
Reply 10

Well it would be better if the police catch them (or kill them) there than have the gun men escape and pull off a second attack somewhere else. Like what happened last time.
Original post by Novascope
Or it's a "crazy" white guy again. They're always up to that sort of ****.

I'm not going to play the game of implying it was a Muslim, but you don't like White men very much do you?
Well it would be better if the police catch them (or kill them) there than have the gun men escape and pull off a second attack somewhere else. Like what happened last time.

Yeah, I suppose. But the area is crowded and you would want them to be in a confined space. If it's terrorist, they want to be martyrs.
Reply 13
Original post by BaconandSauce

Don't be daft! This is the InterNet!
Reply 14
Original post by Novascope
Or it's a "crazy" white guy again. They're always up to that sort of ****.
unlikely that kind of stuff mostly only happens in the US. Let's just wait and see but I know what my money's on.
nuts! hopefully it's isolated
Reply 16
Not again :frown:
Original post by Dinklebop
I think he's hoping that the gunmen are still present and hence they will end up getting caught by the police.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that.

If it's a terrorist attack, I doubt they'll be caught in the literal manner - probably caught in the crossfire.
Yeah, it's certainly isn't mature to jump to conclusions, but it looks like a terrorist attack to me.

I thought it could be gang-related, but according to BBC, there has been a bomb too.

Could be gang but this would be a massive increase in the violence being used.

But yes reports of an explosion are not good.
Reply 19
Original post by HoroDergams
I bet you wrong. You need to stop generalising about all "muslims" dude. There are hardly any facts about those behind the shooting - who the hell do you think you are to jump to uncertain assumptions of not even a group but a whole religion - that seems in your eyes responsible to it? You need to stop being ignorant.

I wouldn't call it a wild assumption given recent events in France and the similarities to this incident.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending