The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah well don't worry about that I'm not one of them. I'm aware most people stick to their own race.

Well my comment was not meant to be read as me racially attacking mixed women , I know very well there are beautiful mixed women just that there are also some that aren't and that the foolish behaviour of some men give some of these women a big head.

I also have nothing against interracial relationships, I too like women of different skin colour then me.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
I meant mentally wise haha Im sure some lad will like yeh however yeh look

Yeah that's why I meant when I said mind, the mental aspect. I'm doing okay but I wish I was less emotional.
Reply 82
As much as I have the urge the act alone won't satisfy me I want pillow talk and hugs as well. I'm not bothered about package size much more bother about the person attached to it.

Well then I'm sure where this fear or idea that all a guy wants to do is insert his penis in you and bang away comes from. I can't remember ever having sex with a woman with no cuddles or pillow talk.
Original post by So Instinct
Welcome to a mans world tbh.

If you don't have the soul or strength to persevere then the best you can do is be approachable and open to opportunities.

Or, OK cupid. Plenty of guys on there looking for deep meaningful relationships, at one point I was one.

True, I do have an appreciation for what guys have to go through having to put themselves up for rejection.

OK cupid... I've never heard of that I will check it out.
How can FWBs be emotional? Would that not defeat the whole point? Would I not get attached?
They can me - they have been with me. The girl I'm engaged to started as a sort-of FWB situation - I wanted to show her that she could be loved and feel good (TBF I had feelings for her anyway), and a short time after this she realized she'd got feelings for me too. Sounds very convenient, I guess, but that's how it is.

Also, sleeping with friends isn't necessarily casual - or at any rate meaningless. Or, it doesn't have to be.
Yeah that's why I meant when I said mind, the mental aspect. I'm doing okay but I wish I was less emotional.

emotion is a good thing but I know how yeh mean.
Original post by Mancini
Well my comment was not meant to be read as me racially attacking mixed women , I know very well there are beautiful mixed women just that there are also some that aren't and that the foolish behaviour of some men give some of these women a big head.

I also have nothing against interracial relationships, I too like women of different skin colour then me.

I never said you were attacking mixed race women. But I think there are big head women of all races. If anything white women are told (and shown through the media) that they are the most beautiful. Every other race is an afterthought.
Original post by Mancini
Well then I'm sure where this fear or idea that all a guy wants to do is insert his penis in you and bang away comes from. I can't remember ever having sex with a woman with no cuddles or pillow talk.

Well not all guys would be like you some will just do the deed and that's where the duties end.
Original post by Tootles
They can me - they have been with me. The girl I'm engaged to started as a sort-of FWB situation - I wanted to show her that she could be loved and feel good (TBF I had feelings for her anyway), and a short time after this she realized she'd got feelings for me too. Sounds very convenient, I guess, but that's how it is.

Also, sleeping with friends isn't necessarily casual - or at any rate meaningless. Or, it doesn't have to be.

As lovely of a story as that is I don't think I can bank on an FWB set up to become something more meaningful. And it sounds like you entered the situation liking her it was never 'no strings'.

I don't have any friends I can sleep with. The one that I am attracted said no to getting to know me better so how lame would it now be that the only reason I would be sleeping with him is because he didn't think I was worth anything more.
Reply 89
I never said you were attacking mixed race women. But I think there are big head women of all races. If anything white women are told (and shown through the media) that they are the most beautiful. Every other race is an afterthought.

I'm not sure how much we can accuse the media of bias, is it really shocking that a mostly white European media will mostly use white European models? I'm not sure. It's true though there are women like this from every race I have met my fair share.
Reply 90
Well not all guys would be like you some will just do the deed and that's where the duties end.

Are you talking from experience or just guessing though? What exactly is your experience?
Reply 91
I'm clearly living on a different planet you then. Dating is a sport especially here in London you can get tossed aside for the next for the slightest thing.

Maybe I'm just easy haha

I think I know what you mean though, a friend of mine who is from N9 and had a very different outlook to me when it comes to females.

Leave London? It's overrated anyway.
I have heard of this phenomenon but wish I knew some of these people in real life. I feel even if they do think mixed race woman are attractive when it comes to actual relationships and settling down most men want go to their own race. This is part of the problem I feel is that I don't have my 'own' race to fall back on and date I'm always an 'other'. I can't pass for any one race either I wish I could then I would just stick to trying to date them.

Yeah I definitely need to get out there more to be fair I've done enough moping now. I need to improve my flirting skills as well.

Yeah I do have quite a few hobbies and I'm really passionate about my subject as well. Funnily enough though I mostly meet women at places where I go to pursue my hobbies, and quite a few of them are not even that 'girly'.

So you can get laid, but the problem comes the morning after when you suggest to hook up again?
As much as I have the urge the act alone won't satisfy me I want pillow talk and hugs as well. I'm not bothered about package size much more bother about the person attached to it.

That often comes on the 2nd or 3rd date though. Just enjoy the sex in the meantime and it will come.
Original post by Mancini
I'm not sure how much we can accuse the media of bias, is it really shocking that a mostly white European media will mostly use white European models? I'm not sure. It's true though there are women like this from every race I have met my fair share.

I just stated what the situation it is, I didn't say it was a bias it's fair enough to me. I was just saying that one can't say that mixed women are glorified, we are merely tokens and occasional exoticals. And yes we are a small minority.
As lovely of a story as that is I don't think I can bank on an FWB set up to become something more meaningful. And it sounds like you entered the situation liking her it was never 'no strings'.

I don't have any friends I can sleep with. The one that I am attracted said no to getting to know me better so how lame would it now be that the only reason I would be sleeping with him is because he didn't think I was worth anything more.
I entered into it knowing it meant something, but I didn't expect it to last; as much as I felt for her, I didn't think she felt the same. I wanted to make her feel good, and was prepared for the result of that being that she was confident to go off and find the person she really wanted.
Original post by Mancini
Are you talking from experience or just guessing though? What exactly is your experience?

Yes I am talking from experience. It happened twice when I was younger. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I really don't want to strike third time unlucky.
Original post by cole-slaw
So you can get laid, but the problem comes the morning after when you suggest to hook up again?

Yes exactly that, that is my problem. I can get sex I want but getting someone to stay is a whole other thing. I also have an intense fear of abandonment.

Original post by cole-slaw
That often comes on the 2nd or 3rd date though. Just enjoy the sex in the meantime and it will come.

Again I'm so scared of being ditched. Sorry to sound like a broken record. I'm in two minds really I have an angel on my shoulder saying wait and the devil saying go and get laid :tongue:
Reply 98
I just stated what the situation it is, I didn't say it was a bias it's fair enough to me. I was just saying that one can't say that mixed women are glorified, we are merely tokens and occasional exoticals. And yes we are a small minority.

Wow@tokens

I'm not sure you can really say mixed women are tokens especially in today's media. If you are a token though you are a privileged token who has replaced the black token thus annoying a lot of black women. Damn some women seem to not mind being tokens though they even celebrate it as long as they get the attention , not talking about you of course.
Reply 99
Yes I am talking from experience. It happened twice when I was younger. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I really don't want to strike third time unlucky.

Well I think you should judge all men individually and not of a few experiences from your past. The men in your life at present would have nothing to do with your past pains.

Latest

Trending

Trending