The Student Room Group

How hard is A-Level Maths?

Hi im currently in year 11 and in about a month i will be choosing my college choices. I want to do Computer science a level but the college i want to go to requires you to do a level maths with it. Im currenrly at a grade B in gcse maths but im not one of those people in high sets who gets every equation quickly. I struggle at times but due to me wanting to do computer science i was wondering whether a level maths is hard. Please help!
Original post by jakirul
Hi im currently in year 11 and in about a month i will be choosing my college choices. I want to do Computer science a level but the college i want to go to requires you to do a level maths with it. Im currenrly at a grade B in gcse maths but im not one of those people in high sets who gets every equation quickly. I struggle at times but due to me wanting to do computer science i was wondering whether a level maths is hard. Please help!

If you enjoy it, are willing to work hard/practice and think you'll finish GCSE with an A or above then take it. If you really want to do Computer Science you don't really have a choice :s-smilie:

It's okay not to get things straight away, but what matters is that you look at things and practice questions until it does make sense, and do loads of past papers and come out with a very good grade at the end of it.

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending