The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 461
Original post by Architecture-er
You're ignoring one key issue, it's the actions of non-pacifists that create the tension in the first place

If Corbyn was in power in a hypothetical situation of total peace, it would be extremely unlikely that terrorists would start attacking us on religious reasons, because we would have done nothing to create hate

edit: Bataclan seems to be over, elite police assault, 2 terrorists dead

We don't live in Corbyn's dreamworld. The only way you could achieve global pacifism is with a brutal competition destroying police state. It might work within countries but it is impossible to enforce outside.

Every country will **** every other country. That is the nature of reality and politics. The UK will **** Syria. If the UK/US truly wants to **** Syria and exploit its natural resources, the last thing it wants to do is to let in all the people whose lives it has destroyed.
https://twitter.com/mwallebom/status/665293773849669632

One of the biggest ***** in the history of the internet.
German newspaper Die ZEIT reports around 100 (!) dead in Bataclan Concert Hall ...
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
Oh where are you? :colondollar:

He could have worded it better. TBF though I was actually thinking of becoming a Muslim though I am white, and a lot of Quranic verses condone violence. So no Muslims are not "animals" ofc, but Islam explicitly condones this if interpreted a certain way

Mauritius. :-)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
100 dead in theatre. Death toll 140.

People need to wake up

In what way?
Original post by Simes
If prayer worked, Allah would have converted Europe to Islam a thousand years ago.

Anything else?

Spoiler

Original post by Johann von Gauss
Given a terrorist, it is much more likely that they follow Islam than any other religion (ever heard of a Buddhist Terrorist lol?)

Preaching tolerance is fine, but don't ignore the facts, and don't reflexively call people racists, or stupid, just because they disagree with you.

Buddhist terrorists exists. You are one of the many sheep who chew the **** a tv spews.
Oh my god, the news seems to be getting worse with every passing minute. I can't believe this, poor Paris!
Original post by xxvine
this is scary

wasnt a muslim women pushed in front of a train today?

Indeed, this attack might have quite negative ramifications. I think more than anything, questions need to be asked.

I don't think it happened today. But yes, yes it did happen very recently.
Original post by Wilfred Little

"Why? Humans are animals."

What the actual ****...?
Reply 471
100 apparently dead in the concert hall, so it probably can be described as a massacre, just too horrible for words, sickening :frown:
Original post by Zacken
Extremists aren't representative of the moral values of a massive group.

"If Islam is a religion of peace, why are not Islamic extremists peaceful?".
If the religion is such that it can be interpreted in a way that leads to this- certainly it is a dangerous one. Those who also follow it are under that danger too to go the wrong way.
Original post by Skill Twix
Anything else?

Spoiler

Precisely this. I cannot believe the reactions of some people.
Reply 474
Original post by Craig1998
They identify with Islam but they aren't muslim.
The "Not a true Scotsman" fallacy. They say they are Moslems: they are Moslems.

Original post by Craig1998
I'm no longer arguing on this topic. This is a student forum and there are much younger teenagers/children on here who could be starting to hate Islam because of what people are saying. People trying to promote the 'Islam is bad, kill all muslims' movement are just as bad as those trying to promote the 'Join ISIS' movement.
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing".

Why is it so hard to find people who will stand up and say "The killing must stop. Let's just listen to one another and work out what the problems are."?
Reply 475
Seriously this makes me sick.
Original post by hassassin04
"If Islam is a religion of peace, why are not Islamic extremists peaceful?".
If the religion is such that it can be interpreted in a way that leads to this- certainly it is a dangerous one. Those who also follow it are under that danger too to go the wrong way.

Your first implications is wrong.
Original post by Wilfred Little

Jesus christ, most animals kill each other to survive, anyone told her that? :facepalm:
Reply 478
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
Link?

I knew Corbyn was stupid but not that stupid

It's in effect what they want. Google Corbyn and Refugees Welcome Here.

Many or most of the refugees fleeing Syria are working age men.

So what does the Left want by accepting unlimited numbers of them? To replace the local male workers, to create new voters for itself. They don't seem to mind the terrorists too much. That's what makes them stupid. They would rather destroy their own people to maintain power, than admit their policies and views are misguided.
Also these are the people a lot of the refugees are fleeing from.

Original post by 41b
It's in effect what they want. Google Corbyn and Refugees Welcome Here.Many or most of the refugees fleeing Syria are working age men.So what does the Left want by accepting unlimited numbers of them? To replace the local male workers, to create new voters for itself. They don't seem to mind the terrorists too much. That's what makes them stupid. They would rather destroy their own people to maintain power, than admit their policies and views are misguided.
Or maybe they don't want to condemn the refugees to the occupation of the like of ISIS? Rather than letting them get murdered outside the gate by the barbarians they are letting them in to safety?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending