The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Modesty
In what way?

To the threat and intent harbored by a non significant number of Islamists already residents living amongst people.

With policies that support bringing anyone and everyone into their country regardless of background / sympathies / culture

With the demographic time bomb that is already beginning to explode in Europe
Original post by 41b
It's in effect what they want. Google Corbyn and Refugees Welcome Here.

Many or most of the refugees fleeing Syria are working age men.

So what does the Left want by accepting unlimited numbers of them? To replace the local male workers, to create new voters for itself. They don't seem to mind the terrorists too much. That's what makes them stupid. They would rather destroy their own people to maintain power, than admit their policies and views are misguided.

ISIS has explicitly stated they will smuggle in terrorists with the refugees

****ing stupid to let them in just like that
Original post by Zacken
Your first implications is wrong.

Thanks. Noted.
Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA
France needs to clamp down hard

To hell with human rights

Profile and arrest anyone suspected

Show no mercy

Posted from TSR Mobile

More stopping and searching and house raids on an already marginalised and isolated group within Western society will most likely only result in more young Muslims in the West being led astray and possibly more attacks like this happening. I think we need to be cautious about how we approach this.
Original post by Zacken
Precisely this. I cannot believe the reactions of some people.

Mate I just don't know.I've just stayed silenced for the last hour or so
Reply 485
Original post by Zacken
Do you genuinely think that hateful posts spreading mis-guided intolerance is truly going to make things better?

Rational discussions to uncover the deep-seated cause of such horrible atrocities would be very much welcome, as would prompting collective action to undertake rational measures to prevent such occurrences from happening.

The root cause of these atrocities is the Left and the damage they do their own civilisation and birth rate, which necessitates immigration.

Muslims or any other ethnic group are just a symptom.
Original post by xxvine
because they could be using 'islam' as ever since 9/11 they have been the most 'popular'...these people want fame remember

you can't really generalise.

People like you are the reason thousands of children got raped in Rotherham, Rochdale, heywood, Oxford, high Wycombe, Burnley, Sheffield, Halifax etc etc
Original post by hassassin04
"If Islam is a religion of peace, why are not Islamic extremists peaceful?".
If the religion is such that it can be interpreted in a way that leads to this- certainly it is a dangerous one. Those who also follow it are under that danger too to go the wrong way.

Look at this sheep , you really think a religion is responsible for the actions of people. They may claim it is for a religious cause but in reality it is not.

“If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”
Original post by 41b
We don't live in Corbyn's dreamworld. The only way you could achieve global pacifism is with a brutal competition destroying police state. It might work within countries but it is impossible to enforce outside.

Every country will **** every other country. That is the nature of reality and politics. The UK will **** Syria. If the UK/US truly wants to **** Syria and exploit its natural resources, the last thing it wants to do is to let in all the people whose lives it has destroyed.

So you're telling me the USA would get far more out of obliterating the UK, rather than setting up cooperative trading and mutual trust?

Because that's what you proposing for Syria, so I can't see why you'd stop there.

A country gets staggeringly greater benefits from having other stable countries with which it can trade, than waging war and throwing countries into complete turmoil (the repercussions of which inevitably come back to haunt us)

Also your comment about a totalitarian police state achieving total peace is ludicrous. I'm assuming you've never committed a terrorist act, probably because you have no reason to. If your every movement was controlled by a dictatorship, you'd hate your govt far more, and be far more willing to take action against it
Reply 489
Original post by mariachi
ever heard of the night of the long knives ?

The purge of the Brownshirts, the left-wingers and the anti-Nazis? Yes.

You're wrong and we're off-topic. Move along.
Original post by Skill Twix
Mate I just don't know.I've just stayed silenced for the last hour or so

This is what I expect more of humanity to be like.

Not raving on and spreading hate at the first sight of a tragedy of this magnitude.
France needs to step it up!

Stop sending over like the liberal cowards wish you do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Epicurean
More stopping and searching and house raids on an already marginalised and isolated group within Western society will most likely only result in more young Muslims in the West being led astray and possibly more attacks like this happening. I think we need to be cautious about how we approach this.

The thing is we currently have a "soft" approach and attacks like this STILL happen :s-smilie:
Original post by Zacken
This is what I expect more of humanity to be like.

Not raving on and spreading hate at the first sight of a tragedy of this magnitude.

I hope people in Paris stay strong.I can imagine what they are going through.
Original post by Skill Twix
I hope people in Paris stay strong.I can imagine what they are going through.

My prayers go out to them.
140 death toll...when will this end?
Original post by 41b
It's in effect what they want. Google Corbyn and Refugees Welcome Here.

Many or most of the refugees fleeing Syria are working age men.

So what does the Left want by accepting unlimited numbers of them? To replace the local male workers, to create new voters for itself. They don't seem to mind the terrorists too much. That's what makes them stupid. They would rather destroy their own people to maintain power, than admit their policies and views are misguided.

Corbyn realises that by showing the UK to be a loving and welcome place, people will want to protect it on a socially engrained level.

You only get peace when you abolish the "us vs them" mindset, people don't attack people they like and empathise with.
Reply 497
Original post by Architecture-er
So you're telling me the USA would get far more out of obliterating the UK, rather than setting up cooperative trading and mutual trust?

Because that's what you proposing for Syria, so I can't see why you'd stop there.

A country gets staggeringly greater benefits from having other stable countries with which it can trade, than waging war and throwing countries into complete turmoil (the repercussions of which inevitably come back to haunt us)

Also your comment about a totalitarian police state achieving total peace is ludicrous. I'm assuming you've never committed a terrorist act, probably because you have no reason to. If your every movement was controlled by a dictatorship, you'd hate your govt far more, and be far more willing to take action against it

The US only helped the UK in WW2 in exchange for decolonisation and highly beneficial loan agreements. So it reduced the UK from an independent country to it's sidekick. Of course a good master wants its dog to remain healthy. That is the nature of global politics.

Countries get the most benefit by weakening others as much as they can while still prospering themselves. This is the same for allies or enemies. If the US could reduce every one of its allies to third world status and gain as a result of it, it would.

So be strong as a country. If you're going to go ballbusting and pillaging, like the UK often has, the least sensible thing to do is invite the people whose lives your policies have destroyed into your own lands. Do you think one Corbyn government is going to change the hate the UK has generated over hundreds of years? People will laugh, come to the UK and do to it what the UK did to others. Have some sense of self-preservation.
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
The thing is we currently have a "soft" approach and attacks like this STILL happen :s-smilie:

A different approach is definitely needed. I don't have the answers, but the last thing we need is to cause further attacks like this to happen by isolating and marginalising young Muslims in the west further. We need to exercise some caution. But definitely questions need to be asked.
Original post by The Epicurean

This is what i mean by people need to wake up. Pathetic apologists that seriously think that mi5 turn normal (Always Muslim) citizens into maniacal beheading, suicide bombing genocidists..

Islamic terrorism spans the world, country by country. COUNTRY BY COUNTRY.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SECURITY / INTELIGENCE agencIes .

GIVE ME STRENGTH

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending