The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farm_Ecology
Anyone find it interesting that this came so soon after the apparent death of Jihadi John?

Not really, I suspect this took weeks or months of planning.
Original post by Rakas21
This is not good folks.

The coming war against Islam has taken another step forward tonight.

This has to be the catalyst for change. Now or never folks. Either fight back against Islamification now or wait until there are too many of them.

The coming war? "The coming war"? Islam is already at war with the civilised world. It is up to the public now to put an end to it.
Original post by Valyrian
It's all linked. Anon states that we're the next couple of countries to be attacked.

/
Anon? Andd what statement?
Original post by 41b
Hate does not arise for no reason. Greed is what causes hate. Revenge is for taking back the resources stolen from you in the past.

The West has done a lot of stealing. Being nice about it now won't stop the Third World or Muslims or whoever whichever governments target for exploitation hating you - the difference in development status will never go away. The hate might dissipate, but people have long memories.

So, in theory, if the West got out of the ME, then over generations they would stop hating the West, like the Indians have stopped hating the Brits. But, once the West gets out, someone else will get in.

The fight for resources will and must continue, it won't even stop if we develop into a world where we have superefficient recycling and fusion power.We will compete for materials to maximise processing power, or hydrogen, or whatever the next limited resource is.

So the best thing to do is buckle down, exploit others as much as circumstances allow and stop spillover effects affecting your home country. Pacifistic policies, no matter how well intentioned, will only need to national suicide or irrelevance, even if hate subsides.

But there's so many successful nations pursuing passive politics and doing fine, Switzerland, most European nations (who are also not suffering much terrorist danger at all), Iceland, NZ, many more I'm sure but we never hear about them in the news because they keep below the radar

Of course countries compete, but if they compete as businesses do, and don't curtail people's abilities to further their dreams then it can be completely peaceful - I would believe (or at least violent episodes are unconnected and don't all stem from a single fount of opposition)
Original post by Zacken
An example, couldn't be bothered to go more than two pages back - it's 4 a.m here. :-)

Facts are facts.
Reply 565
Original post by Skill Twix
Anything else?

Spoiler

Yes. There is more.

When you have finished crying and praying, get off your whiny arse and change the world for the better.

There's a lot of charities and other groups out there working for peace, reconciliation, communication, understanding and bringing an end to the tit-for-tat killing.

I have thrown away a very good and valuable career and chosen to start again from the bottom as a peacemonger. Put your actions where your typed words are and go out there and make a difference. This weekend.

If you need advice, PM me and I'll send you links over the weekend.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 566
Original post by Architecture-er
But there's so many successful nations pursuing passive politics and doing fine, Switzerland, most European nations (who are also not suffering much terrorist danger at all), Iceland, NZ, many more I'm sure but we never hear about them in the news because they keep below the radar

Of course countries compete, but if they compete as businesses do, and don't curtail people's abilities to further their dreams then it can be completely peaceful - I would believe (or at least violent episodes are unconnected and don't all stem from a single fount of opposition)

Alright, let's say almost everyone thought like you did and some remote tribe, which embraces violence, conquers most of the world - who refuse to resist - except New Zealand and Switzerland. How long would these countries last?

Pacifistic western countries exist only by leeching off the defence capabilities of their stronger allies, and geopolitical arrangements established by these stronger countries.
Original post by xxvine
when people keep saying this what do you want done?

what should we do? get rid of all muslims like hitler did to the nazi's?

:indiff:

Original post by i<3milkshake
This has to be the catalyst for change. Now or never folks. Either fight back against Islamification now or wait until there are too many of them.

The coming war? "The coming war"? Islam is already at war with the civilised world. It is up to the public now to put an end to it.

There are Muslims fighting ISIS on the front lines in the middle-east.

How many times do I have to say this?

Should we bomb those fighting ISIS in the 'war on Islam'?
Original post by Danz123
I've just heard about this story, but can we put aside the whole 'I hate muslims, can they gtfo" "we need to close our borders" comments away for ONE second? It would just be nice to show some solitude towards the French, and give our condolences to any who were affected by the tragedy, rather than devolve into arguments about Islam. It's not the kind of mature response we should have after a shooting took place only hours ago.

Rubbish. We owe it to the future victims to act. Act right now. Solidarity? Mourn later. Right now there is a war to win.
Has this actually been shown to be from Muslims or are people merely speculating? if it's the latter then it's disgusting. Ffs, let the dust settle and wait till we have the facts rather than speculating to promote your own hateful ideology.
It may well turn out to be Muslims, but until then let's wait for the facts.
Original post by Elm Tree
/
Anon? Andd what statement?

Anonymous the hacking group - apparently a letter or email was allegedly intercepted and it was stated that many countries including ours would be targeted as a result of publicising the jihadi Jon killing.
I was wrong Calais is on fire.
Original post by The Epicurean
Wake up to what? I'm not an apologist for anything. I am calling for rationality, rather than spewing comments such as "To hell with human rights" and "show no mercy". So you think that we should stoop down to their level? We should totally ignore human rights? If you want to live in a society where human rights don't exist, by all means move to Syria and live with ISIS.

What we need are rational responses and we need to approach what is a sensitive issue appropriately and not rush into it all hot headed and cause more issues.

I never even mentioned the word "Human rights" so why you are banging on about it perplexes me. How can we have a rational response when you evidently display such ignorance to the causes of islamic terrorism?

You clearly only partake in these sort of discussions whenever their is a massacre like this. Im sorry to isolate you because their are many but it perfectly highlights my original point about how people need to wake up and get educated to the problem of islamism instead of throwing out assumed and ignorant half baked assumptions every time there is a massacre
Reply 574
Original post by Bornblue
Has this actually been shown to be from Muslims or are people merely speculating? if it's the latter then it's disgusting. Ffs, let the dust settle and wait till we have the facts rather than speculating to promote your own hateful ideology.
It may well turn out to be Muslims, but until then let's wait for the facts.

It was alleged that one of the shooters was shooting "Allah Akbar" AKA God is Great, and only Muslims say that although it's only alleged so who knows the truth :shrug:
Reply 576
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I don't know but I'm sure there are ways. What are we going to do about people already in the country?

Lee Rigby was British after all.

Even Muslims, or at least the sensible ones, will agree that, after these attacks, for now, the best thing to do is to treat refugees as potential terrorists.
Original post by Valyrian
Anonymous the hacking group - apparently a letter or email was allegedly intercepted and it was stated that many countries including ours would be targeted as a result of publicising the jihadi Jon killing.

link?
I see humans but I see no humanity
As politically stupid it would be to drop a nuke on syria and its huge consequences, terror attacks like these make me wonder if its a viable option. Do IS want to be blown out of existence from their roots?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending