The Student Room Group

Why does he only talk to me when we're alone?

Why does he only talk to me when we're alone? When I'm with my friends or when I'm with friends that he's also friends with, he doesn't even look at me. But when we're alone, he's the one who always initiates the conversation.

Scroll to see replies

No idea.

Next thread.
Original post by Anonymous
Why does he only talk to me when we're alone? When I'm with my friends or when I'm with friends that he's also friends with, he doesn't even look at me. But when we're alone, he's the one who always initiates the conversation.

Because he see's other people as a challenge for your time when he is talking with you. Also likely isn't very self confident so thinks you would only talk to him when you have nobody else to talk with. Or it could be that he doesn't want talk with other people and only wants to talk to you. All three I would think. That is what I am like in real life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by william walker
Because he see's other people as a challenge for your time when he is talking with you. Also likely isn't very self confident so thinks you would only talk to him when you have nobody else to talk with. Or it could be that he doesn't want talk with other people and only wants to talk to you. All three I would think. That is what I am like in real life.

Tbh, he talks to my friends when I'm there but just ignores me. He's not even the shy type guy but can be shy at times. The thing is when we're alone, I act super shy and he gets all confident and i end up looking like a fool.

Thanks for your reply btw. :smile:
Tbh, he talks to my friends when I'm there but just ignores me. He's not even the shy type guy but can be shy at times. The thing is when we're alone, I act super shy and he gets all confident and i end up looking like a fool.

:iiam:

Maybe in the group he doesn't get the chance to but when you're alone together he can speak more freely.
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
:iiam:

Maybe in the group he doesn't get the chance to but when you're alone together he can speak more freely.

Lol haha it really is a mystery. One will never know.

Well, tbh I feel that way too but what I find really annoying is that he doesn't even look at me when we're in a group. Then, suddenly acts so interested and friendly when i'm alone. That has completely confused me.
Lol haha it really is a mystery. One will never know.

Well, tbh I feel that way too but what I find really annoying is that he doesn't even look at me when we're in a group. Then, suddenly acts so interested and friendly when i'm alone. That has completely confused me.

Maybe one day it will be :ms:

I could come up with loads of theories, like he likes you but doesn't want anyone else in your group to know about it or he likes someone else in the group and is giving them his attention... :iiam: maybe ask him? :wink:

Yeah I have that effect on people also. When I am alone with them I can talk and normally the one who starts talking. When I am in a group you never see me say anything. People are often put aback when they get me alone. So aren't sure what to say. :biggrin:

When I had friends I would talk to them, but wouldn't talk to any girls. Not because I was nervous or shy, just because I didn't want them saying things to me. So that could be it? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe one day it will be :ms:

I could come up with loads of theories, like he likes you but doesn't want anyone else in your group to know about it or he likes someone else in the group and is giving them his attention... :iiam: maybe ask him? :wink:

Haha lol. Tbh I know one thing for sure and I can say that because of the way he looks at me...he certainly finds me pleasant to look at. Now this doesn't mean he likes me or anything. Hence, I'm super confused. Haha

I'm not going to ask him anything haha.
Reply 9
Yeah I have that effect on people also. When I am alone with them I can talk and normally the one who starts talking. When I am in a group you never see me say anything. People are often put aback when they get me alone. So aren't sure what to say. :biggrin:

When I had friends I would talk to them, but wouldn't talk to any girls. Not because I was nervous or shy, just because I didn't want them saying things to me. So that could be it? :smile:

Tbh that could be too.
I really don't know.

I mus say though, guys like you and him leaves us girls super lost and confused lol.
We don't know you will have to ask him, can only speculate that maybe he's shy when there's other people around.
Haha lol. Tbh I know one thing for sure and I can say that because of the way he looks at me...he certainly finds me pleasant to look at. Now this doesn't mean he likes me or anything. Hence, I'm super confused. Haha

I'm not going to ask him anything haha.

Mmm... I wouldn't rule out him liking you if he finds you pleasant to look at :wink: :sexface: :wink:
Tbh that could be too.
I really don't know.

I mus say though, guys like you and him leaves us girls super lost and confused lol.

You should really ask him then. :smile:

We may leave you super lost and confused, but we are different and you are interested know more aren't you? :wink:
Original post by Rock Fan
We don't know you will have to ask him, can only speculate that maybe he's shy when there's other people around.

Lol he might be shy arounf other people but I'm extremely shy in general so no way I'm asking him lol.
Original post by SeanFM
Mmm... I wouldn't rule out him liking you if he finds you pleasant to look at :wink: :sexface: :wink:

Lol I mean he always smiles at me and stares at me(when I'm alone). Always acts like a gentleman with me. Looks for a longer conversation when we're alone. And whenever he sees me ..he always smiles and his eyes just ..i don't.

He may or may not like me.
Lol I mean he always smiles at me and stares at me(when I'm alone). Always acts like a gentleman with me. Looks for a longer conversation when we're alone. And whenever he sees me ..he always smiles and his eyes just ..i don't.

He may or may not like me.

D'aww. :love: he is still a mystery though. :hmmmm:
You should really ask him then. :smile:

We may leave you super lost and confused, but we are different and you are interested know more aren't you? :wink:

Nah I don't have the guts to ask him that haha

And yes! And that is super annoying because he is always on my mind and then I feel so stupid cos it feels like maybe he's just being friendly.
Original post by SeanFM
D'aww. :love: he is still a mystery though. :hmmmm:

Lol. I think he doesn't like me but then i know that he thinks I'm cute. But it doesn't mean he likes me so yeah it kinda makes sense.
Nah I don't have the guts to ask him that haha

And yes! And that is super annoying because he is always on my mind and then I feel so stupid cos it feels like maybe he's just being friendly.

Maybe in the moment talking with him you will feel different? Also you could get a friend to ask him why he is being like this? :redface:

What do you mean just being friendly? Maybe he could be the best friend you could ever have. So maybe he is always on your mind because you want that sort of friendship with someone? :smile:

Not every man talks to or is friendly with a woman because he seeks a relationship. Some of us are like that because we want to be your friend and help you. As in I am like that. :colondollar:
Maybe in the moment talking with him you will feel different? Also you could get a friend to ask him why he is being like this? :redface:

What do you mean just being friendly? Maybe he could be the best friend you could ever have. So maybe he is always on your mind because you want that sort of friendship with someone? :smile:

Not every man talks to or is friendly with a woman because he seeks a relationship. Some of us are like that because we want to be your friend and help you. As in I am like that. :colondollar:

No I like him and i'm very shy in front of him. And my friend could ask him but I don't think he wants to be in a relationship with me. i think he is like you. He's polite and certainly think i'm pretty but just wants to be friends with me. Its hard for me to be friends with him because I actually have a hige crush on him and I'm a very shy girl so I get all super shy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending