The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
I dont really fancy engaging a long discussion right now but why would you say that intelligence services creates terrorism?

My original post never said the intelligence service creates terrorism. You can re-read my post again. I was talking about how we should be careful in how we respond to this attack so as to not cause further isolation and marginalisation in an already isolated and marginalised society which may result in more Muslim youths in the west being led astray. That in no way implies that the services create terrorism.
Original post by 41b
Mahatma Gandhi was shot to death. All his worthless idealism did not save him. Screw Gandhi. His advice is for wimps.

:s-smilie: that is hardly his fault, chill out i just like the quote
R.I.P.
Original post by i<3milkshake
We all knew the truth as soon as this started; We all knew what it was. This happens so often we aren't surprised. It speaks volumes about the situation when we all know the truth before it even comes out. It is like predicting a hot day in the Sahara with Islam.

I think it's pretty obvious that it's inspired by pro ISIS activists due to the amount of tweets by ISIS supporters and just the general flow of the news :frown:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
:smile: such a relatible quote rn Thanks!!!

:lovehug:
Original post by Bornblue
By all means discuss the attacks. But don't attribute blame until we actually know for sure who was behind the attacks.
We know certain things for sure like the attacks happening but other things such as the cause and who was behind the attacks are speculation at this moment.

I fail to see why not discuss potential reasons and perpetrators for the attacks.

If a black man was lynched in the deep south, would you be sitting back and declaring that we shouldn't be speculating on the reasons?

If a Police Van was blown up in N. Ireland, would you refuse to speculate the possible intention of the attack, and potential group the attackers might be associated with?

Are you as disgusted by people exploring the possibility of Gangs and White Nationalists being behind these Parisian attacks?
One gunman is still at large.
Original post by Simes
Waddya fancy? Indian sub-continent, Asia, South America, Middle East, Central America, East Europe, Russia, China…

Still want to go?

He said he wanted to move out of Europe and you recommended East Europe and Russia?
Thoughts and love go out to those affected by what has happened in Paris. Words fail me at what has happened. Nowhere is safe nowadays :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 629
Original post by Tom5pence
As politically stupid it would be to drop a nuke on syria and its huge consequences, terror attacks like these make me wonder if its a viable option. Do IS want to be blown out of existence from their roots?!

Tony? Tony Bliar? Is that really you?
Some mourn by sitting around and doing nothing. I prefer to mourn by making sure these people did not die in vain. I prefer to mourn by making sure this never happens again. I care as much as I do because of the victims. Plain ridiculous to claim otherwise.

We can trot out all the cliches like "our hearts go out to them"; if you heart truly goes out to these people you will make sure it never happens again. And we all know why it happens.

These people did die a senseless death. Their goal wasn't to expose terrorists or anything, they just ended up dead. There was no cause behind them or mission they were carrying out, so to talk of dying in vain makes no sense. However, I understand what you mean, you want to get the terrorists. However, it isn't that simple is it? If we just attack the middle east yet again, the problem will worsen. I've no problem with getting the guys who did this, but going beyond it and yet again bombing Syria for example will not do us any good.

I of course want to make sure why it never happens again, but think about the occupation in the middle east, troops here and in the US going to Iraq for example, or drone strikes. It has done NOTHING to help the situation. What we need is a new solution. I'm not going to pretend I know the answer, however it's certainly not to repeat what NATO and the US have already been doing.
Original post by 41b
Mahatma Gandhi was shot to death. All his worthless idealism did not save him. Screw Gandhi. His advice is for wimps.

He may have died, but he freed a nation.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
I fail to see why not discuss potential reasons and perpetrators for the attacks.

If a black man was lynched in the deep south, would you be sitting back and declaring that we shouldn't be speculating on the reasons?

If a Police Van was blown up in N. Ireland, would you refuse to speculate the possible intention of the attack, and potential group the attackers might be associated with?

Are you as disgusted by people exploring the possibility of Gangs and White Nationalists being behind these Parisian attacks?

Yes, i'm against any sort of speculating over who committed such heinous acts until we actually know who it was.
Reply 633
So, I bet that all of them were initially thugs with a Muslim background, who went in jail, where they met some Islamists who converted them. Once released, they went to Syria/Yemen and came back to commit their attacks.
Same story since 1995.
Original post by Bornblue
Yes, i'm against any sort of speculating over who committed such heinous acts until we actually know who it was.

That's just stupid.
Original post by Danz123
These people did die a senseless death. Their goal wasn't to expose terrorists or anything, they just ended up dead. There was no cause behind them or mission they were carrying out, so to talk of dying in vain makes no sense. However, I understand what you mean, you want to get the terrorists. However, it isn't that simple is it? If we just attack the middle east yet again, the problem will worsen. I've no problem with getting the guys who did this, but going beyond it and yet again bombing Syria for example will not do us any good.

I of course want to make sure why it never happens again, but think about the occupation in the middle east, troops here and in the US going to Iraq for example, or drone strikes. It has done NOTHING to help the situation. What we need is a new solution. I'm not going to pretend I know the answer, however it's certainly not to repeat what NATO and the US have already been doing.

Attack the Middle East? What? The people are here already. Islamification is here already. Stop this attack the Middle East nonsense-they have already invaded and are winning this war.
I bet all the mugs saying "they aren't Muslim, you don't know that" on the first page must feel like right idiots now.

Actually they probably don't feel like right idiots, because they are so idiotic that they cannot see their own idiocy.

I think it was normal to view this in an objective view at the beginning and only change your assertions when further evidence has been provided
Nope
I know many muslims that are not like that:h:
Original post by CoolCavy
:lovehug:

:smile:
Original post by Valyrian
I think it was normal to view this in an objective view at the beginning and only change your assertions when further evidence has been provided

I think it was normal to know that the religion of peace was the culprit because it always is.
Original post by The Epicurean
My original post never said the intelligence service creates terrorism. You can re-read my post again. I was talking about how we should be careful in how we respond to this attack so as to not cause further isolation and marginalisation in an already isolated and marginalised society which may result in more Muslim youths in the west being led astray. That in no way implies that the services create terrorism.

It seems to me it does.

Intelligence services marginalise individuals > Marginalisation leads to being "led astray" >

What am i missing?

You are correct however that it is a fruitless excercise in the sense that killing jihadi john is a fruitless excercise. Its like whackamole. Until Islam undergoes a reformation (Which it isn't going to in my lifetime) .. wherever muslims are found, a smaller number of fundamentalists will be there too ready blow themselves and pack of innocent civilians up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending