The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heliosphan
Oh dear. Do you really believe this is anything other than Islam?

Shouts of allahu akbar according to the BBC.

Wake up.

What a 24 carat plonker!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Hahaa you are still bitter over it aren't you.

1) The attempted murderer is a minor, who is recovering from a serious leg and head injury

2) The said minor can be seen hitting his head and crying. Cop obviously doesn't care.

Regardless of the circumstance, I have edited my post, from torture to "mental aggravation", and yet you are proving time and again you don't know how to read. Grow up and get a dictionary ffs.

And your education and upbringing are a shambles. I'm not even a Muslim lol. Shows how much you like to assume and base your poorly formed conclusions.

I don't think it's a stretch to claim the coalition trained some of the militants that's currently part of IS.

If 50% of the total Syria fighters trained by the United States converted to ISIS that would lead to a grand total of 30 or so extra men for the group. You are going to have to explain how this is the predominate factor in ISIS carrying out attacks in Europe as the poster claimed.
Original post by leinad2012
Oh and before anyone says anything stupid making assumptions about my background, I am a white agnostic, bordering on atheist, male (although I wouldn't use the term atheist because of the beta faggot types you see trolling on the religion forum in the same way many women don't associate as feminists due to the actions of extreme feminists)

Yes, a condescending homophobe is clearly better than people who criticise religion on a forum that exists to facilitate debate on religion.

The rest of your post I more or less agree with. :tongue:
Do you really think that would stop the attacks?

Stupid thread.
I understand on an emotive level why people are drawn towards authoritarian ideas after these events. However Responding to these acts of terrorism by undermining the values integral to and defining of Europe like freedom of religion would be counter productive and just give a further victory to the terrorists.
Original post by eatpigeons
Are you being serious?

Of course. You are probably thinking Nazi extermination camps or the original concentration camps of the Boer war, I am not.
Original post by Aj12
If 50% of the total Syria fighters trained by the United States converted to ISIS that would lead to a grand total of 30 or so extra men for the group. You are going to have to explain how this is the predominate factor in ISIS carrying out attacks in Europe as the poster claimed.

My argument would be more on quality over quantity. Sounds far fetched tbh.
Original post by Hydeman
Are you able to wait until the motives of the perpetrators are identified or is that too much to ask? It may very well turn out to be an Islamic group that's behind the attacks, but until then, let's keep the baseless finger-pointing to a minimum.

It astonishes me how willing people are to simply assume that it's an Islamic attack and then start debating the implications of that assumption as if it's fact.

You're right. For all we know it might be Aztecs or Flemish nationalists. Possibly Scientologists.
Reply 48
Original post by DiceTheSlice
My argument would be more on quality over quantity. Sounds far fetched tbh.

Going by the experiences of the Iraqi army and the wide spread criticism of the training program I don't think they were training super soldiers. They were also widely vetted, which is why so few were taken on in the first place. Seems too many people buy into the conspiracy theory that the US is secretly backing ISIS.
Original post by Ace123
After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
Yes, a condescending homophobe is clearly better than people who criticise religion on a forum that exists to facilitate debate on religion.

The rest of your post I more or less agree with. :tongue:

I say it how I see it :wink:

Probably should stop using that term tbh, I never mean it in a way to insult gay people, more as playful banter. Forgot this wasn't the football forum where such **** banter would be accepted without a telling off :colone:
On a practical level it would never be feasible. How do you prove and identify what faith everyone is? Do we start giving all muslims stars like the Jew were in the 1930s/40s in Germany?

What do you do about people who come from muslim backgrounds but would then claim they no longer have that faith? A number of people do change faith or being atheist.

Let's also extend what the OP is suggesting - should we ban all white people from the middle east considering how many people die there everyday?

Should the USA kick out all young white males on the basis of all these College attacks over the years? Should they kick out all black males based on the high crime rates and shootings?
Original post by Hydeman
Are you able to wait until the motives of the perpetrators are identified or is that too much to ask? It may very well turn out to be an Islamic group that's behind the attacks, but until then, let's keep the baseless finger-pointing to a minimum.

It astonishes me how willing people are to simply assume that it's an Islamic attack and then start debating the implications of that assumption as if it's fact.

I'm sorry but this is the most ridiculous comment I have read on here in a very long time. Everyone with half a brain cell knew this was an Islamic terrorist attack from the beginning.
Original post by stewiee
and which news is that?

BBC news, Sky News. Last night.
Original post by driftawaay
I'm sorry but this is the most ridiculous comment I have read on here in a very long time. Everyone with half a brain cell knew this was an Islamic terrorist attack from the beginning.

That's very Islamiphobic of you.
Reply 55
have you ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecy?
those saying ban islam muslims should leave are causing muslims to feel you know what? if they think all of us are terrorists lets prove them right because they start to feel isolated as though no-one wants them around

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Going by the experiences of the Iraqi army and the wide spread criticism of the training program I don't think they were training super soldiers. They were also widely vetted, which is why so few were taken on in the first place. Seems too many people buy into the conspiracy theory that the US is secretly backing ISIS.

I agree my claim was far fetched. Also I don't go into that conspiracy theory btw. More into the lines of the the coalition wasn't brutally effective against ISIS.

1) The weapons air drop at Kobane. I guess a noobish mistake.
2) Training of rebel who later joined other factions. Another noobish mistake.
3) Their ability to expand their territory (Sinjar, Anbar and Yarmuk).

I guess another point would be the lack of willingness to co-ordinate with Iran. I know Iran has it's differences and the political dynamics are too much for an alliance, but I would expect for the sake of defeating a mutual enemy they could find some common ground.
Original post by Hydeman

Yes, this attack was clearly carried out by a bunch of Estonian ERASMUS students who got bored on a Friday night :rolleyes:

Stop talking utter tripe. This was clearly an Islamic attack, has been recognised as an Islamic attack and your nonsensical paragraph above is exactly that.
That's like saying "Should all Germans be banned from a continent because of Nazi extremism" or "Should all white Christians be banned from America because of the KKK". The obvious answer is no. Muslim extremists aren't likely to mention the fact that they're Muslim anyway so it wouldn't solve the problem.
Please point me to a report that actually identifies the terrorists as muslims.