The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
It says they targeted the capital of the "crusaders". Nice to see that they have moved from the 7th century to the 12th.

Original post by Scrappy-coco
This is nothing like Rotherham

Posted from TSR Mobile

That ain't the point, I'm saying how boneheads only care about the victims of the rotherham situation and this terrorist situation because they use it to justify their dumb generalisations. Plus Rape and Killings are pretty close in terms of how disgusting they are.

And to people that are probably gonna say "Islam isn't a race" it's true but used as a cover for racists because when you see them talk about Muslims, they don't say anything about the particular faith. They insult their skin colour and their country, for example "go back to your own ****hole of a country". Islam is a mental belief which can be followed by anyone of any colour, so it's obvious something fishy is going on there.

Saw a video called "black lady insults muslim woman" and she was calling her a "sand rat" over and over again, yet some fool in the comments said "Islam isn't a race" I couldn't believe what I just read. She obviously called her a sand rat" which is racist and nothing to do with her religion. It's like:

Go back to your own country - Islam isn't a race.

I hate your damn skin colour - Islam isn't a race.

Them and their flipping hats (obviously a sikh) - Islam isn't a race.

You and your people smell - Islam isn't a race.

Mum, make me a sandwich - Islam isn't a race.

Plus it's normally the same eyesore chavs as 3 decades ago.
Original post by Architecture-er
But Muslims see all other Muslims as their brothers and sisters, in a similar way to how us Brits feel saddened in light of these Paris attacks (bar the Shiite/Sunni split)

All terrorist recruiters need to do is point at the middle east and say "see how the west is murdering our brothers for oil and greed, will you stand up and help stop them" and passionate people will respond :frown:

So we going to act like they need Western actions to justify themselves? Like the ottomans weren't invading Europe killing, raping and enslaving everyone until the Battle of Vienna? Like Muhammad didn't go around doing the same in Arabia? Going to act like The Moors didn't take over Spain? Like the Jews weren't driven out of the Middle East aeons ago? Going to act like the Christians in Northern Nigeria are getting killed every day by Boko Haram because they antagonised the Muslims there?

Wake up and face facts. Muslim terrorist groups do not need any justification in the form of perceived aggression against them. Did you know that a really high proportion of Pakistanis literally believe that the floods a few years back were caused by America?

Did you know that The Bali Bombing was committed because Australia dared to condemn the genocide Muslim Indonesia were commiting against the Christians in East Timor? According to your logic, Australia should not have condemned a genocide!

We're talking about the lunatic fringe who kill people due to cartoons! Imagine living in a world where we appease these scumbags. That might be your fantasy but it's not that of most people. These people will kill no matter what we do and this naive self-hating BS where people think we cause this needs to stop.

Acting like these people murdering those different from them is new and therefore due to us. Complete ignorance. Read a history book will you?
Religion is a virus. Period.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
I don't think airstrikes are having any effect and they are just a win for IS propaganda.

What is terror is entirely subjective.

Is "terror" the inability of our security services to monitor and recruit potential informants who then go onto murder and maim citizens or is that Reaper drone, the one that you can't see or hear, that may or may not suddenly launch a missile and take out half a block?

Ahh but disagreeing with airstrikes isn't synonymous with disagreeing with intervention.

Perhaps it's the suddent change in convictions. Convictions to help citizens who are decapitated on video for their families to see and for populace which are killed for their sexuality and religion. Of which women are taken as slaves and raped. The message from these attacks are clear - stop intervening.

Just maybe, we have a choice between giving in to terror to feel more safe or continuing to help people experiencing hell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
It says they targeted the capital of the "crusaders". Nice to see that they have moved from the 7th century to the 12th.

*spits* which group communicated this?
The Guardian’s Shiv Malik has been looking at which group is likely to be behind the well co-ordinated attack.

We are still not clear as to whether this was ISIS, Al Qaeda or possibly (but on balance unlikely) - a third party.If this is Al Qaeda, we should note that given that they, not ISIS, were responsible for the singular attack on Charlie Hebdo magazine’s offices, their reach and resource in France is frighteningly very wide.Again if it is Al Qaeda, we have to note that they are fighting an internecine war with ISIS.Attacks like these are how Al Qaeda capture funding from and remain relevant to their, somewhat dwindling, supporters around the world. Attacks like these also achieve one of their main aims of dividing Western Muslim communities from the rest of Western society.One fear is that a so called lone wolf actor with ISIS allegiance might try to ‘jump on the bandwagon’ like Amedy Coulibaly during January’s terrorist attacks in ParisIf this is ISIS then this is a very worrying escalation in their capability in the West. This will have been the first time they have executed a large scale an extremely well planned attack in Europe. As analyst Shiraz Maher noted, this is the first time that since 7/7, ten years ago that suicide bombers have struck in Western Europe.
Original post by Josb

Shows their mindset. Especially when you consider that the crusades were in retaliation to Ottomon incursions of massacres in Europe.
Original post by Bubzeh
It's what the people of France and their government were expecting (deserves may be a tad harsh). These attacks will happen in Germany and England soon because you've all been guilt tripped into allowing mass immigration to help the "victims" who ironically are still alive :biggrin:.

I have several friends in Sweden and Malmo is being turned into a ghetto with high crime and rape. With a small population of 5 - 6 million the country will be overran within 20 years.

RIP.

I've lost all my respect for you, and I had quite alot.
Original post by Longshot700
That ain't the point, I'm saying how boneheads only care about the victims of the rotherham situation and this terrorist situation because they use it to justify their dumb generalisations. Plus Rape and Killings are pretty close in terms of how disgusting they are.

And to people that are probably gonna say "Islam isn't a race" it's true but used as a cover for racists because when you see them talk about Muslims, they don't say anything about the particular faith. They insult their skin colour and their country, for example "go back to your own ****hole of a country". Islam is a mental belief which can be followed by anyone of any colour, so it's obvious something fishy is going on there.

Saw a video called "black lady insults muslim woman" and she was calling her a "sand rat" over and over again, yet some fool in the comments said "Islam isn't a race" I couldn't believe what I just read. She obviously called her a sand rat" which is racist and nothing to do with her religion. It's like:

Go back to your own country - Islam isn't a race.

I hate your damn skin colour - Islam isn't a race.

Them and their flipping hats (obviously a sikh) - Islam isn't a race.

You and your people smell - Islam isn't a race.

Mum, make me a sandwich - Islam isn't a race.

Plus it's normally the same eyesore chavs as 3 decades ago.

But the point is that Rotherham highlighted British problems. The refusal to speak incase, just incase, you are accused of racism. That became more than a danger but a reason why Rotherham was able to last so long.

The Irony in not talking about it would be that you are doing the very thing which contributed to the problem in the first place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's hard to imagine how this could happen again but the truth is it could happen anywhere at anytime and most certainly will again.
I think about all those people that lost their lives in Paris and pray that we will see an end to this violence. ISIS are demonic, twisted bastards.

I am muslim and I hope to God that these ***** get what they deserve. ISIS has demonstrated an unflinching determination to take out anyone who dares to disagree with it. Its members have slaughtered Yazidis and Christians, but victims have also been Muslims who resist it and refuse to acknowledge its authority. An honest study of the Quran shows that groups like ISIS act in complete defiance of the injunctions of Islam. The Quran, for instance, equates one murder to the elimination of the whole human race (5:32), and considers persecution and disorder on earth as an even worse offense (2:217). It lays emphasis on peace, justice and human rights. It champions freedom of conscience and forbids worldly punishment for apostasy and blasphemy.

Whenever ISIS kills in the name of Islam, claims to follow the Quran, or uses the Holy month of Ramadan to spread anarchy across the globe, know that Prophet Muhammad explicitly warned us of these imposters, and entrusted us to root them out.

The only people who refuse to reflect on this point are ISIS, ISIS sympathizers and anti-Islam extremists who want the world to believe that ISIS is legitimate. Intelligent people, meanwhile, see Prophet Muhammad's prophetic wisdom and thus remain united against both ignorance and extremism.

RIP to every soul who has ever suffered at the hands of these vile things (I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THEY ARE HUMAN),
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Simes
Waddya fancy? Indian sub-continent, Asia, South America, Middle East, Central America, East Europe, Russia, China…

Still want to go?

Not sure the middle east :erm:

Russia is a bit dodgy with all the homophobia, if you can hate someone for being gay, you're probably a bit of an all round headcase who can turn on anyone

South America looks nice and so does the far East
Ahh but disagreeing with airstrikes isn't synonymous with disagreeing with intervention.

I'd say yes (because intervention can mean ground troops as well) but it is established in this scenario, they are synonymous so I don't know why you chose to make a redundant division.

Perhaps it's the suddent change in convictions. Convictions to help citizens who are decapitated on video for their families to see and for populace which are killed for their sexuality and religion. Of which women are taken as slaves and raped. The message from these attacks are clear - stop intervening.

I would have thought that it would be a recurring spiral of antagonism and more killings.

We get worked up because of XXX and we go and bomb them. They know we bomb them because they did XXX so they go and do it some more to get a rise and reaction out of us. We stand at the sidelines and feel helpless so we support stronger and stronger action.

Isn't that how it is?

Just maybe, we have a choice between giving in to terror to feel more safe or continuing to help people experiencing hell.

I'd understand it if we were helping those fleeing but we are not.

Japan, giving $200 million to help the war on IS but will not accept any refugees.
The gulf countries, bombing the **** out of IS, but hardly a murmur of refugees.
Western countries, also bombing the **** out of IS, but their populace doesn't want refugees.

Don't tell me that this is strictly about helping refugees.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Perhaps. But the almost deafening silence of the Muslim community is rather telling.

Here is a Muslim being anything but silent or supportive of what happened.

When Anders Beverik killed 77 people we did not demand the entirety of Christianity and Christian culture explain itself and demand an official condemnation of that Christian motivated attack from Western Christian leaders.

@ZZTop1 that means you hate this person. Why?

Original post by rede121
It's hard to imagine how this could happen again but the truth is it could happen anywhere at anytime and most certainly will again.
I think about all those people that lost their lives in Paris and pray that we will see an end to this violence. ISIS are demonic, twisted bastards.

I am muslim and I hope to God that these ***** get what they deserve. ISIS has demonstrated an unflinching determination to take out anyone who dares to disagree with it. Its members have slaughtered Yazidis and Christians, but victims have also been Muslims who resist it and refuse to acknowledge its authority. An honest study of the Quran shows that groups like ISIS act in complete defiance of the injunctions of Islam. The Quran, for instance, equates one murder to the elimination of the whole human race (5:32), and considers persecution and disorder on earth as an even worse offense (2:217). It lays emphasis on peace, justice and human rights. It champions freedom of conscience and forbids worldly punishment for apostasy and blasphemy.

Whenever ISIS kills in the name of Islam, claims to follow the Quran, or uses the Holy month of Ramadan to spread anarchy across the globe, know that Prophet Muhammad explicitly warned us of these imposters, and entrusted us to root them out.

The only people who refuse to reflect on this point are ISIS, ISIS sympathizers and anti-Islam extremists who want the world to believe that ISIS is legitimate. Intelligent people, meanwhile, see Prophet Muhammad's prophetic wisdom and thus remain united against both ignorance and extremism.

RIP to every soul who has ever suffered at the hands of these vile things (I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THEY ARE HUMAN),
(edited 8 years ago)
If this attack happened in the UK it would have been much worse as our police are unarmed. Gunmen could easily walk into a police station and kill officers and staff.
Original post by Josb

just a little translation to get the flavour of this rubbish:

"the bataclan ( venue ) where hundreds of idolaters were gathered in a feast of perversity..."

otherwise known as a pop concert.
But the point is that Rotherham highlighted British problems. The refusal to speak incase, just incase, you are accused of racism. That became more than a danger but a reason why Rotherham was able to last so long.

The Irony in not talking about it would be that you are doing the very thing which contributed to the problem in the first place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry but what?
Reply 796
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
There are many Muslims out there who have openly said what ISIS have done is completely wrong. Not all Muslims support ISIS. You are unbelievably ignorant for saying that

they are all the same, they always attack western way of life and we welcome them with open arms
lets have a look at some of the recent attacks
911 - Muslims
7\7 -Muslims
isis- Muslims
Madrid train attack Muslims
its Muslims every time and they stick together don't forget when the US nearly had bin laden before they actually killed him the local Muslims said he was nit there, they stick together no matter what. We should pay isreal 10 million quid every time they attack Muslims.They are all scum and pretend to be anti terrorism so they do not blow there own cover for their own attacks. I'd be quite happy if we nuked every muslim country out of existence they hate English way of life and are here for benefits or their corner shops to sell to all other Muslims,we need to eradicate all of them they harbour each other by covering up for each other kill the scum and stop admitting them to the UK if we have an Isis attack the UK Isis members would outnumber our police , army and TA ten times over. Secret police service to wipe then out is needed
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Here is a Muslim being anything but silent or supportive of what happened.

When Anders Beverik killed 77 people we did not demand the entirety of Christianity and Christian culture explain itself and demand an official condemnation of that Christian motivated attack from Western Christian leaders.

Just a question...have you read Breivig's manifesto? I think if you had, you would see it's simply incorrect to say that it was 'christian motivated'. That is simply not true.

And by the way, if it had been a 'christian motivated' attack (which it wasn't) and if he had been quoting his Bible in the same way terrorists quote the Qur'an (which he wasn't), then I would certainly expect some response from the Christian community.

Although I wouldn't expect a response from the 'entirety of Christianity' because that's a meaningless phrase. Just like I did not recall asking for a response from the 'entirety of Islam'.
Original post by Evening
If those responsible for these most heinous attacks are found to have done so in the name of a political or religious goal, then the repercussions will be devastating. This series of coordinated attacks is the deadliest to hit Paris since World War II. It’s a sad state of affairs that people automatically jump to assume that Islam is responsible. It’s even worse, however, that people forget the victims in lieu of protecting their faith.

Perhaps the worst thing anyone can do right now is tell other people how they should feel; that she should direct their anger elsewhere; that they should point their rage in the ‘right’ direction. This is undoubtedly the best option in the long run, but to rob someone of their right to anger immediately after they have been robbed of someone they love is cruel and only serves to create more resentment to those innocent Muslims who did nothing wrong. Let people feel their anger and sorrow as they are entitled to it, and they will come round to realise that these were the acts of extremists who don’t represent an entire religion, but don’t try to silence their grief at the present.

Killing scores of innocent people aside, these idiots have only served to give more people reason to hate Muslims. In the long run there probably will be severe backlash against the Islamic community, but I think we can all agree that at this very moment that the suffering of those affected both physically and mentally from such atrocities far outweighs the hurt feelings of Muslims. To add monikers like ‘the religion of peace’ to try to defend Islam is pointless. No religion is peaceful, that is a tried and tested fact from countless wars and conflicts up to present done in the name of a faith that not everyone shares. Every major religion has been hijacked by extremists killing innocent people in the name of their faith, so don’t try to tell me Islam is innocent.

Maybe Islam didn’t cause this, but religion can certainly be held responsible in some way. But just because I haven’t specified which religion doesn’t make it any less about Islam, any less than the crusades were caused by Christians or the Ikkō-ikki rebellion was caused by Buddhists. Terrorism is definitely the immediate cause of these horrible crimes, that much is true. But religion has definitely played a part in it.

Right now, however, it’s not ideal to focus on those responsible as much as we should bow our heads for the deceased. More often than not, nowadays, we are quick to forget the victims in favour of political leverage, attacking an ideology, or gathering popular support through social media such as Twitter or Facebook. If you have a shred of sympathy for the victims in Paris and the families and friends of those affected, you won’t burden the attacks in Paris with political bandwagon. That isn’t me saying don’t speak your mind or don’t see the wider picture or implications. I’m simply trying to point out that the well-being and memory of the victims is worth more than capitalising on this travesty or by sympathising with the lesser of the two.

Yes, Israel is horrible and they have a terrible human rights track record, and something has to be done about their actions regarding Palestine; yes, the Iraq War and the War in Afghanistan were terrible, and have claimed thousands of innocent lives; yes, the US and the UK have hypocritical approaches in the international stage regarding terrorism. And yes, there are other tragedies going on right now in the likes of Japan, Mexico, Iraq, and other nations worldwide, and they deserve their own mourning and moment of silence. But they deserve them in their own time. Right now these other events are not the focus of what has happened in Paris and trying to compare other, equally terrible events will only scatter people than unite them.

Hear ****ing hear!

You're literally the only other person making sense here!!
Original post by Imperion
You genius.

I know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending