The Student Room Group

Muslims in the West, should be more vocal against terrorism...

These extremists are using their religions in their name. Muslims in the West do not have the luxury of apathy, defending the religion; as a religion of peace will not do, they have to attack the terrorists. As more terror attacks happened, the needle of tolerance will shifts more to intolerance, and quicker against Muslims... and this is exactly what the terrorists want.

Muslims should be more vocal against terrorism, be more anti-terror than non-Muslims, rally and take the lead in rooting out extremists in their midst.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seeXYZ
These extremists are using their religions in their name. Muslims in the West do not have the luxury of apathy, defending the religion; as a religion of peace will not do, they have to attack the terrorists. As more terror attacks happened, the needle of tolerance will shifts more to intolerance, and quicker against Muslims... and this is exactly what the terrorists want.

Muslims should be more vocal against terrorism, be more anti-terror than non-Muslims, rally and take the lead in rooting out extremists in their midst.

That relies on them being against terrorists though - many see this as god dealt retribution, no doubt, because we don't follow their Qu'ran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11433776/Quarter-of-British-Muslims-sympathise-with-Charlie-Hebdo-terrorists.html
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
A lot of high ranking Imams have rightly stated that ISIS are not Muslims and have opposed them, however that being said people continue to say stuff like "ISIS are Muslims and all Muslims are terrorist". You just have to look at TSR to see this as well. No matter what we say, we will be ignored and told that we are terrorists regardless. So I actually see no point in speaking out now as my words mean so little.

We'll be damned if we do, we'll be damned if we don't.
Original post by seeXYZ

I hugely disagree with what happened in Paris and oppose anyone supporting or even justifying the attacks, be it Muslim or non Muslim.
However, it must be said that there are Muslims (mainly Shia) that are opposing ISIS and fighting them. ISIS follow Saudi Arabia, which has diplomatic relations with the west- this is the problem.
Lets be honest, ISIS will give about as much of a **** about some Western Muslims saying terrorism is bad as the English Defence League will about lefty students calling them racist.
Reply 5
Original post by AzimH
....So I actually see no point in speaking out now as my words mean so little.

We'll be damned if we do, we'll be damned if we don't.

Silence, unfortunately, is seen as passive condoning of terror act. Muslims in the West, should really be pro-active in anti-terror, responding in silence and apathy will not help at all...
They do routinely, it is just not reported in our media.

Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia(!), Indonesia, Iran and Syria are Muslim countries I could find which have officially condemned the present attack.

In the UK for example:
http://www.mcb.org.uk/horrific-attacks-in-paris-muslim-council-of-britain-responds/

Similar condemnation for the Charlie Hebdo attacks as well as memorials for 7/7 and so on visible on the front pages and press release pages of this and similar organisations.

I should hope we can hijack this thread to announce condemnations by Muslim leaders as they come in.
Reply 7
Original post by seeXYZ
Silence, unfortunately, is seen as passive condoning of terror act. Muslims in the West, should really be pro-active in anti-terror, responding in silence and apathy will not help at all...

But me saying anything isn't taken seriously. There's absolutely no point at all, I will always be labelled as a terrorist sympathizer no matter what I do.
On the flip side those who condemn ISIS, their actions are not well publicized or widely circulated in the media. Your better luck would be to hop on good radio station and listen to debates on current affairs.

I remember hearing/reading the "Grand Imam" of Makkah claiming Isis are Islam's worst enemy. Sadly his words are not well regarded by the general public here. When the Charlie Habdo terrorist claimed their act was a revenge for drawing the prophet, just about everyone took the terrorist for his word.

People's perception are difficult to change.

Original post by AzimH
But me saying anything isn't taken seriously. There's absolutely no point at all, I will always be labelled as a terrorist sympathizer no matter what I do.
Keep the faith :yy:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
I posted on something similar but here it goes:

ISIS are demonic, twisted bastards.

I am muslim and I hope to God that these ***** get what they deserve. ISIS has demonstrated an unflinching determination to take out anyone who dares to disagree with it. Its members have slaughtered Yazidis and Christians, but victims have also been Muslims who resist it and refuse to acknowledge its authority. An honest study of the Quran shows that groups like ISIS act in complete defiance of the injunctions of Islam. The Quran, for instance, equates one murder to the elimination of the whole human race (5:32), and considers persecution and disorder on earth as an even worse offense (2:217). It lays emphasis on peace, justice and human rights. It champions freedom of conscience and forbids worldly punishment for apostasy and blasphemy.

Whenever ISIS kills in the name of Islam, claims to follow the Quran, or uses the Holy month of Ramadan to spread anarchy across the globe, know that Prophet Muhammad explicitly warned us of these imposters, and entrusted us to root them out.

The only people who refuse to reflect on this point are ISIS, ISIS sympathizers and anti-Islam extremists who want the world to believe that ISIS is legitimate. Intelligent people, meanwhile, see Prophet Muhammad's prophetic wisdom and thus remain united against both ignorance and extremism.

RIP to every soul who has ever suffered at the hands of these vile things (I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THEY ARE HUMAN),
Original post by rede121
I posted on something similar but here it goes:

ISIS are demonic, twisted bastards.

I am muslim and I hope to God that these ***** get what they deserve. ISIS has demonstrated an unflinching determination to take out anyone who dares to disagree with it. Its members have slaughtered Yazidis and Christians, but victims have also been Muslims who resist it and refuse to acknowledge its authority. An honest study of the Quran shows that groups like ISIS act in complete defiance of the injunctions of Islam. The Quran, for instance, equates one murder to the elimination of the whole human race (5:32), and considers persecution and disorder on earth as an even worse offense (2:217). It lays emphasis on peace, justice and human rights. It champions freedom of conscience and forbids worldly punishment for apostasy and blasphemy.

Whenever ISIS kills in the name of Islam, claims to follow the Quran, or uses the Holy month of Ramadan to spread anarchy across the globe, know that Prophet Muhammad explicitly warned us of these imposters, and entrusted us to root them out.

The only people who refuse to reflect on this point are ISIS, ISIS sympathizers and anti-Islam extremists who want the world to believe that ISIS is legitimate. Intelligent people, meanwhile, see Prophet Muhammad's prophetic wisdom and thus remain united against both ignorance and extremism.

RIP to every soul who has ever suffered at the hands of these vile things (I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THEY ARE HUMAN),

Hear, hear.
Well, think about it.

The most logical thing for most Muslims to do is stay neutral. That way, no matter who wins, they can avoid punishment. If ISIS wins, they can just swear allegiance and be accepted as good Muslims. But if the Europeans win, they can say that they never liked the terrorists anyway. You see, most of them don't care about anything but being left alone... so they want to position themselves so that they're likely to be left alone no matter who wins. It sounds cold and calculating, but idealism doesn't keep people alive in a war zone.

When you live in a country where there are regime changes every few months, you learn to avoid commenting on politics and being ready to flow with whatever the people in power tell you to believe so that you aren't the nail that gets hammered down, if you know what I mean.

What exactly do they gain from sticking their necks out, other than making a few Europeans feel better and painting a big red target on their own backs for extremists to make an example of them as heretics/apostates? The more you think about it, the more you realise that speaking out is a bad idea. Only an idealist would think otherwise.

I can't sympathise with Muslims on very many things, but I can understand their silence on the issue of terrorist attacks. I won't begrudge anyone the right to maintain a tactical silence.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by AzimH

Well if you give up, then the job is done.... for the terrorists. You have to be more anti-terror than anyone non-Muslims 10x over, its a sad fact, but that's how the world work.
Reply 13
Original post by DiceTheSlice
On the flip side those who condemn ISIS, their actions are not well publicized or widely circulated in the media. Your better luck would be to hop on good radio station and listen to debates on current affairs.

I remember hearing/reading the "Grand Imam" of Makkah claiming Isis are Islam's worst enemy. Sadly his words are not well regarded by the general public here. When the Charlie Habdo terrorist claimed their act was a revenge for drawing the prophet, just about everyone took the terrorist for his word.

People's perception are difficult to change.

Keep the faith :yy:

Thank you. You're honestly one of the few in TSR who see the bigger picture and doesn't judge us all;. I wish you all the best and I hope you have a good day, take care :smile:
No why should be always have to justify our religion ffs?

Do Christians justify their religion if a white man kills children in an American school?
Do Christians justify their religion after the KKK marches and demonstrations?

Isis do not represent Islam and I'm sick and tired of the same ignorant ****s.

Isis are retards that are corrupted with their own bull****.
Reply 15
Original post by seeXYZ
Well if you give up, then the job is done.... for the terrorists. You have to be more anti-terror than anyone non-Muslims 10x over, its a sad fact, but that's how the world work.

I am already anti terror- I spoken out but guess what? Still I am called a terrorist, referred to as mudslime, sand rat (I was called these in TSR forum). Anything I say, my religion is always mentioned. I can't have a normal conversation in this forum or anyone in real life to be honest without someone bringing up my religion.into it. The other day someone said "F all the Muslims" in this forum, (This person always posts stuff like this and always argues with me) as soon as I swore at him back, he says stuff like "they're kind always does tantrums" and "so much for the religion of peace, this person is swearing".. it's people like this who fuel terrorism. If individuals were called a terrorist 24/7 can you honestly blame them if they went to Syria? They're "fulfilling the prophecy" after all. I personally would never go to Syria and join the likes of ISIS but I can see why some would in the future as they are already labeled as terrorists- at least these terror groups will accept them with open arms (although they just want more soldiers that's why)
Reply 16
Original post by Randall13

Do Christians justify their religion if a white man kills children in an American school?

Extremists are using your religions in your name ... if you don't want to be paint with the same brush you need to attack them.... hard.
Reply 17
Original post by seeXYZ
Extremists are using your religions in your name ... if you don't want to be paint with the same brush you need to attack them.... hard.

How about people stop blaming all the Muslims instead and use their head to see the bigger picture? Have you ever though about that my friend.
@AzimH, @Randall13, @DiceTheSlice, @mil88, @rede121, all Muslims and non-Muslims of TSR.

Please post your own condemnations and those of Muslim groups in my shiny new thread and vote in the poll.

Have the thread trend so that we can gather as much data as possible, particularly on the stance of TSR's Muslim population.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3724839
Original post by Randall13

What does a white man killing in American schools have anything to say about Christianity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending