The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZZTop1
they are all the same, they always attack western way of life and we welcome them with open arms
lets have a look at some of the recent attacks
911 - Muslims
7\7 -Muslims
isis- Muslims
Madrid train attack Muslims
its Muslims every time and they stick together don't forget when the US nearly had bin laden before they actually killed him the local Muslims said he was nit there, they stick together no matter what. We should pay isreal 10 million quid every time they attack Muslims.They are all scum and pretend to be anti terrorism so they do not blow there own cover for their own attacks. I'd be quite happy if we nuked every muslim country out of existence they hate English way of life and are here for benefits or their corner shops to sell to all other Muslims,we need to eradicate all of them they harbour each other by covering up for each other kill the scum and stop admitting them to the UK if we have an Isis attack the UK Isis members would outnumber our police , army and TA ten times over. Secret police service to wipe then out is needed

Bear in mind 9/11, 7/7 and ISIS was caused by a small proportion of Muslims. There's billions of Muslims out there and ISIS barely covers 5% of them.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/top-islamic-university-muslim-leaders-condemn-isis-slaughter-of-ethiopian-christians-say-it-goes-against-any-religion-137976/ - Islamic university condemns ISIS

https://www.rt.com/news/229383-kasasbeh-reaction-isis-crucify/ - Jordanians condemn ISIS

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/isis-concern-british-muslim-leaders-condemn-extremist-group-9599273.html - British Muslim leaders condemn ISIS
Original post by ZZTop1
they are all the same, they always attack western way of life and we welcome them with open arms
lets have a look at some of the recent attacks
911 - Muslims
7\7 -Muslims
isis- Muslims
Madrid train attack Muslims
its Muslims every time and they stick together don't forget when the US nearly had bin laden before they actually killed him the local Muslims said he was nit there, they stick together no matter what. We should pay isreal 10 million quid every time they attack Muslims.They are all scum and pretend to be anti terrorism so they do not blow there own cover for their own attacks. I'd be quite happy if we nuked every muslim country out of existence they hate English way of life and are here for benefits or their corner shops to sell to all other Muslims,we need to eradicate all of them they harbour each other by covering up for each other kill the scum and stop admitting them to the UK if we have an Isis attack the UK Isis members would outnumber our police , army and TA ten times over. Secret police service to wipe then out is needed

Who are the main victims of muslim terrorism?
Muslims.

Why are those muslim being terrorised? What is the ideology of the second, targeted group of muslims? Why aren't they fighting on the side of the terrorists?

Ask yourself these questions.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Just a question...have you read Breivig's manifesto? I think if you had, you would see it's simply incorrect to say that it was 'christian motivated'. That is simply not true.

And by the way, if it had been a 'christian motivated' attack (which it wasn't) and if he had been quoting his Bible in the same way terrorists quote the Qur'an (which he wasn't), then I would certainly expect some response from the Christian community.

Although I wouldn't expect a response from the 'entirety of Christianity' because that's a meaningless phrase. Just like I did not recall asking for a response from the 'entirety of Islam'.

Whilst not being overtly Christian it does play an important part in the types of politics he comes from. It's part of what defines the west against the percieved invasion and taking over of Europe from Muslims/Islam and Marxists. If anything his version Christianity is even worse in that it is a kind of soft Christianity in that there are millions of such people in Europe who hold this belief of Beveriks... It

"It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy..." ~ Beverik

It probably describes a lot of Church of England goers in this country. But we did not demand they explained themselves after those 77 people were killed.

Some more of his views on religion.

In 2009, he wrote "Today's Protestant church is a joke. Priests in jeans who march for Palestine and churches that look like minimalist shopping centres. I am a supporter of an indirect collective conversion of the Protestant church back to the Catholic."[192] Before the attacks, he stated an intention to attend Frogner Church in a final "Martyr's mass".[193]The manifesto states its author is "100 percent Christian",[32] but he is not "excessively religious"[32] and considers himself a "cultural Christian" and a "modern-day crusader".[32][194]

His manifesto states "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie", calls religion a crutch and a source for drawing mental strength, and says "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment." Regarding the term cultural Christian, which he says means preserving European culture, he notes, "It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...)"[184][194] Furthermore, Breivik stated that "myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God."[194][195] Nevertheless, he stated that he planned to pray to God for help during his attacks.[196]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

But we do not condone or demand some kind of inquiry into western Culture/religion. Statements such as "the deafening silence of the Muslim community" imply that the Muslim community are inherently complicit unless they, on mass, state otherwise. Guilty until proven innocent. There is an imbalance between how we treat terrorist attacks that come from different ideologies, beliefs and countries.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ishea16
Muslims would NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER join ISIS. ISIS are the one that are killing Muslims in Syria and other parts of the world. There are some absolute idiots that support them and all i can say for them people is that God help them.As a Muslim I Hate Hate Hate ISIS more than any non Muslim, they are not human forget Muslims Why do ALL the Muslims get Hate when its a group of animals that are causing the pain and chaos?Do you seriously believe all the Muslims you have met could be as brutal and disgusting as ISIS?How hard must it be for me and all the other Muslims to be always blamed for something I have not done? To go out and people looking at you disgusted? As a civilised nation why have we not stopped generalising? i am a Muslim but i didn't kill innocent CHILDREN men and women i wasn't responsible for the tragedy in Paris i am not the one trying to take over the world i am a Muslim but i am not ISIS so stop blaming me

It's because the most popular versions of Islamic history imply that the prophet we love and follow did the same things as ISIS, and because the popular interpretations of the Quran supports their actions and policies.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Whilst not being overtly Christian it does play an important part in the types of politics he comes from. It's part of what defines the west against the percieved invasion and taking over of Europe from Muslims/Islam and Marxists. If anything his version Christianity is even worse in that it is a kind of soft Christianity in that there are millions of such people in Europe who hold this belief of Beveriks...

"It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy..." ~ Beverik

In 2009, he wrote "Today's Protestant church is a joke. Priests in jeans who march for Palestine and churches that look like minimalist shopping centres. I am a supporter of an indirect collective conversion of the Protestant church back to the Catholic."[192] Before the attacks, he stated an intention to attend Frogner Church in a final "Martyr's mass".[193]The manifesto states its author is "100 percent Christian",[32] but he is not "excessively religious"[32] and considers himself a "cultural Christian" and a "modern-day crusader".[32][194]

His manifesto states "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie", calls religion a crutch and a source for drawing mental strength, and says "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment." Regarding the term cultural Christian, which he says means preserving European culture, he notes, "It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...)"[184][194] Furthermore, Breivik stated that "myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God."[194][195] Nevertheless, he stated that he planned to pray to God for help during his attacks.[196]

But we do not condone or demand some kind of inquiry into western Culture/religion. Statements such as "the deafening silence of the Muslim community" imply that the Muslim community are inherently complicit unless they, on mass, state otherwise. Guilty until proven innocent. There is an imbalance between how we treat terrorist attacks that come from different ideologies, beliefs and countries.

In some ways Breivik's Christianity was similar to Hitler's (Hitler actually wrote about his opinion on this)

Both men were raised in a Christian environment, but both men actually disliked it internally because of their perception of Christianity as a meek religion which praises weakness. It says a lot about Christianity that violent nutters don't really like it.

Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
It's because the most popular versions of Islamic history imply that the prophet we love and follow did the same things as ISIS, and because the popular interpretations of the Quran supports their actions and policies.

Such a Shia thing to say x

:wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
Who are the main victims of muslim terrorism?
Muslims.

Ask yourself these questions.

Well done Sherlock.

Most of the ISIS/Al Qaeda attacks have been carried out in majority Muslim countries. /slowclap
Original post by Ishea16
Muslims would NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER join ISIS. ISIS are the one that are killing Muslims in Syria and other parts of the world. There are some absolute idiots that support them and all i can say for them people is that God help them.As a Muslim I Hate Hate Hate ISIS more than any non Muslim, they are not human forget Muslims Why do ALL the Muslims get Hate when its a group of animals that are causing the pain and chaos?Do you seriously believe all the Muslims you have met could be as brutal and disgusting as ISIS?How hard must it be for me and all the other Muslims to be always blamed for something I have not done? To go out and people looking at you disgusted? As a civilised nation why have we not stopped generalising? i am a Muslim but i didn't kill innocent CHILDREN men and women i wasn't responsible for the tragedy in Paris i am not the one trying to take over the world i am a Muslim but i am not ISIS so stop blaming me

Take your logical fallacies somewhere else.

Stop detaching yourself from the attacks. Where is your empathy to the victims and the people of France? Stop making this about Muslims.
Bloody insane :/ RIP those who died at the hands of those savages.
Such a sad time for Paris, after so little time has passed since the Charle Hebdo attacks. My thoughts go out to all people in Paris who have lost loved ones, and experienced such an awful night.
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
Take your logical fallacies somewhere else.

Stop detaching yourself from the attacks. Where is your empathy to the victims and the people of France? Stop making this about Muslims.

if you go on the first few pages i was there one of the first ones in the tread to say my heart cries for the victim of Paris
i didn't sleep all night thinking of the families who had lost their fathers,mothers, children.

stop making this about Muslims?
you want me to stop defending myself when this tread is filled with hatred for me?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Whilst not being overtly Christian it does play an important part in the types of politics he comes from. It's part of what defines the west against the percieved invasion and taking over of Europe from Muslims/Islam and Marxists. If anything his version Christianity is even worse in that it is a kind of soft Christianity in that there are millions of such people in Europe who hold this belief of Beveriks... It

It probably describes a lot of Church of England goers in this country. But we did not demand they explained themselves after those 77 people were killed.

Some more of his views on religion.

No disrespect but your post is the stupidest I have ever read on TSR
Just goes to show how pathetic and cowardly these "Jihadi" militants are.

They speak of their hatred of the West, their policies and governments, yet instead of going for the heart (the government itself), they choose easy/soft targets.

Hundreds of innocent human beings having dinner, drinking and watching football and a rock band.

I'm in complete and utter shock. As someone who has a lot of affection for France, it truly sickens me.
Original post by The Rad Prince
In some ways Breivik's Christianity was similar to Hitler's (Hitler actually wrote about his opinion on this)

Both men were raised in a Christian environment, but both men actually disliked it internally because of their perception of Christianity as a meek religion which praises weakness. It says a lot about Christianity that violent nutters don't really like it.

Such a Shia thing to say x

:wink:

Mr Brevik was a sad neckbeard fantasist whose worldview was constructed from violent computer games. Please ignore him.
Original post by Ishea16
if you go on the first few pages i was there one of the first ones in the tread to say my heart cries for the victim of Paris
i didn't sleep all night thinking of the families who had lost their fathers,mothers, children.

stop making this about Muslims?
you want me to stop defending myself when this tread is filled with hatred for me?

What do you expect?? Of course people are going to be shouting hatred, it's an Internet forum.

You've got to understand that people are angry, and rightly so. Respect that fact, just like you respect the families and friends of the dead and injured.

Anger is a normal reaction.
Reply 814
A Syrian passport has been found near the body of a terrorist at the Stade de France.
Original post by the bear
Mr Brevik was a sad neckbeard fantasist whose worldview was constructed from violent computer games. Please ignore him.

I'm just making the point that he wasn't a Christian terrorist because he was an atheist-agnostic who disliked the idea of a peaceful Jewish hippy.
Original post by Josb
A Syrian passport has been found near the body of a terrorist at the Stade de France.

And the penny drops...

This could easily have been prevented.
Original post by The Rad Prince
I'm just making the point that he wasn't a Christian terrorist because he was an atheist-agnostic who disliked the idea of a peaceful Jewish hippy.

Mr Brevik has nothing to contribute to normal society.
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
Just goes to show how pathetic and cowardly these "Jihadi" militants are.

They speak of their hatred of the West, their policies and governments, yet instead of going for the heart (the government itself), they choose easy/soft targets.

Hundreds of innocent human beings having dinner, drinking and watching football and a rock band.

I'm in complete and utter shock. As someone who has a lot of affection for France, it truly sickens me.

Couldn't agree with this more. I find that people (myself included) can be detatched to what has actually happened; we've become desensitised by it. People have gone out, they have families, friends and lives of their own, to enjoy themselves and their life has been taken so, so needlessly. Really makes you think.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Bear in mind 9/11, 7/7 and ISIS was caused by a small proportion of Muslims. There's billions of Muslims out there and ISIS barely covers 5% of them.
it here first.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/top-islamic-university-muslim-leaders-condemn-isis-slaughter-of-ethiopian-christians-say-it-goes-against-any-religion-137976/ - Islamic university condemns ISIS

https://www.rt.com/news/229383-kasasbeh-reaction-isis-crucify/ - Jordanians condemn ISIS

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/isis-concern-british-muslim-leaders-condemn-extremist-group-9599273.html - British Muslim leaders condemn ISIS

ISIS was created by the CIA, much like Al Qaeda. You've heard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending