The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
OP, 'TELL YOUR LEADERS TO STOP FUNDING "JIHADISTS" AND TERRORIST FACTIONS IN THE MIDDLE EAST THEN. THAT MAY HELP'.

Saw this on Twitter. Couldn't have put it better myself

Who are they referring to?
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Who are they referring to?

Western leaders
Western leaders

Bit of a wide net. Which western leaders? All of them? What about leaders from the Middle East and Africa?

& which terrorist/ Jihadist groups? & how are they funding them?
Original post by dozyrosie
Time to scrap the human rights charter, and set up concentration camps for suspected terrorists and their sympathisers, across the whole of Europe. Of course this is just fantasy, our mealy mouthed politicians will continue to appease the demands of these religious fanatics.

Can't disagree with that, some forced labour will benefit our economy highly. Just send them along with murderers, rapists etc. to the coal mines and let them work until they die from starvation or exhaustion whichever comes first. But only where there is solid evidence that proves a person's association with terrorist groups beyond any reasonable doubt, otherwise innocent people can be tortured which I disagree with.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Bit of a wide net. Which western leaders? All of them? What about leaders from the Middle East and Africa?

& which terrorist/ Jihadist groups? & how are they funding them?

The French,British,American. Arms deals and close ties with Saudia arabia
The French,British,American. Arms deals and close ties with Saudia arabia

Saudia Arabia may be a vile regime, but they aren't waging Jihad against the west.
Original post by Hydeman
Do let me know what my 'agenda' is. I'm certainly not aware of what it is.

Sorry, but there's no point pretending that 'unity' is the answer here. That's just your way of sweeping the underlying problem under the carpet. I don't give a damn whether you call it the 'blame game' or something else. Somebody is responsible for this and they will take all the blame they deserve.

And apparently that somebody is all Muslims including those immigrating here and those fleeing Syria itself.

Absolutely disgusting attitude you and others should be ashamed at the division you are fomenting.

This sort of reaction is part of the calculus of the terrorist groups. It will help them to boost recruitment of young European Muslims. Do you have the balls to stand up and break the chain?
Nah,they should be welcomed,why're they being held accountable/punished for the actions of a few?

Why is it so hard for Muslims not to accept some responsibility for the attacks - not only yesterday's, but Charlie Hebdo and 7/7 amongst others.

Why should white people take responsibility for slavery/the Crusades, when Muslims sit behind their PC walls on their Libertarian sun beds?

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Reply 88
Original post by The Blue Axolotl

Why should white people take responsibility for slavery/the Crusades, when Muslims sit behind their PC walls on their Libertarian sun beds?

You do realise white people can be muslims too right?...
Original post by stewiee
how did we so quickly decipher it was an attack by 'muslims'? ive checked the news on several sites and not a single assertion of the sort. only reference is comparing it to charlie hepdo attacks but that shouldnt be the case we assume its an attack of the sort

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/world/europe/isis-claims-responsibility-for-paris-attacks-calling-them-miracles.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0
Original post by ###
You do realise white people can be muslims too right?...

That has nothing to do with my point.
Even if there was 'no Islam' in Europe. Other religions or any group of people might decide to be a 'terrorist'. It doesn't solve anything.
Reply 92
That has nothing to do with my point.

It sort of does though does it not? Your point seems to be that white people are on one side while the rest are another. You seem to make it into a racial thing? Why bring up generalisations? You could just say christians and muslims not associate race with religion.
Reply 93
This thread only confirms that the government is putting something in your water supplies.
Reply 94
Why is it so hard for Muslims not to accept some responsibility for the attacks - not only yesterday's, but Charlie Hebdo and 7/7 amongst others.

Last time I checked the Charlie Hebdo attack was in France. I was in London at the time studying for my A levels. I was about 8 when 7/7 happened. Why should I take the blame when I had nothing to do with it? Use your brain before posting something like that.
Original post by aamirac
Even if there was 'no Islam' in Europe. Other religions or any group of people might decide to be a 'terrorist'. It doesn't solve anything.

I hate when people use that 'argument' though, that's like saying getting rid of Nazism or racism or sexism etc doesn't solve anything because something else will pop up anyway.
Original post by Aj12
Except we aren't funding the groups that carry out these attacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless they mean feeding, homing and educating them. Yes time this was stopped.
Original post by driftawaay
I hate when people use that 'argument' though, that's like saying getting rid of Nazism or racism or sexism etc doesn't solve anything because something else will pop up anyway.

But it's true. It's the world we live in. It's inevitable. Can happen anywhere, we can prevent it. But not always stop it.
Reply 98
I am a Muslim, I am disgusted by this attack, but for everybody's information ISIS or IS or whatever people want to call them are not Muslim. They use the the cover of religion to spread their barbaric hatred of the West. And has anybody ever thought that the people most affected by them are people in Syria, which is a majority Muslim country?. so while my heart goes out to all of those affected by this horrific attack, everybody no matter what race or religion be standing up and showing solidarity!
Original post by ishy00
I am a Muslim, I am disgusted by this attack, but for everybody's information ISIS or IS or whatever people want to call them are not Muslim. They use the the cover of religion to spread their barbaric hatred of the West. And has anybody ever thought that the people most affected by them are people in Syria, which is a majority Muslim country?. so while my heart goes out to all of those affected by this horrific attack, everybody no matter what race or religion be standing up and showing solidarity!

No, they are Muslim. They just follow a different interpretation than you. :h:

Latest