The Student Room Group

Biochemistry course textbooks

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some good Biochemistry books that will help throughout the whole 3 year course, rather than just for the first or second year.

Thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by HAnwar
Hi,

Can anyone recommend some good Biochemistry books that will help throughout the whole 3 year course, rather than just for the first or second year.

Thanks x

Stryer's Biochemistry is good, but really in third year you should be reading reviews and research papers, not text books.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clunkles
Stryer's Biochemistry is good, but really in third year you should be reading reviews and research papers, not text books.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with Stryer, would also add Molecular Biology of the Cell by Alberts. Disagree that you shouldn't use text books in final year.
Reply 3
Original post by Clunkles

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SmashConcept
Agree with Stryer, would also add Molecular Biology of the Cell by Alberts. Disagree that you shouldn't use text books in final year.

I think you guys misunderstood lol.
I am in my first year and would like to get a book that covers all three years.

Thank you for the suggestions :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lehningers principles of biochemistry
Reply 5
Original post by Asklepios
Lehningers principles of biochemistry

Which edition?
Original post by HAnwar
Which edition?

I believe 6th is the most up-to-date
Reply 7
Original post by Asklepios
I believe 6th is the most up-to-date

Original post by HAnwar
I think you guys misunderstood lol.
I am in my first year and would like to get a book that covers all three years.

Thank you for the suggestions :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we both understood fine. He is saying that there isn't a book that covers third year and you shouldn't be using them at that point. I disagree that you shouldn't be using them, although the emphasis will move away.

Stryer is much more readable than Lehninger IMO.
Reply 9
Original post by SmashConcept
I think we both understood fine. He is saying that there isn't a book that covers third year and you shouldn't be using them at that point. I disagree that you shouldn't be using them, although the emphasis will move away.

Stryer is much more readable than Lehninger IMO.

I see.

Stryer sounds good then.
I'll try and find them both at my uni and see which one I prefer. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending