The Student Room Group

What to wear to Currys induction?

I have my Currys PC World induction training tomorrow. I was told on the phone that the dress code is smart casual, followed by the guy saying "so obviously no tracksuits or anything because you'll be going on the shop floor". The fact he said this, in my opinion, implies that jeans are suitable but I'm not so sure.

Anyway, my two options are..

1) Casual navy patterned shirt tucked into smart black trousers, with black shoes
2) Same patterned shirt, not tucked in with black skinny jeans and dark brown suede shoes (bit worried about the skinny jeans since they're literally skin tight, and all my jeans are the same).

I'm probably over-thinking it all, but I don't want to turn up either underdressed or overdressed.

wear clothes close to the actual curry's uniform.
Original post by ryanroks1
I have my Currys PC World induction training tomorrow. I was told on the phone that the dress code is smart casual, followed by the guy saying "so obviously no tracksuits or anything because you'll be going on the shop floor". The fact he said this, in my opinion, implies that jeans are suitable but I'm not so sure.

Anyway, my two options are..

1) Casual navy patterned shirt tucked into smart black trousers, with black shoes
2) Same patterned shirt, not tucked in with black skinny jeans and dark brown suede shoes (bit worried about the skinny jeans since they're literally skin tight, and all my jeans are the same).

I'm probably over-thinking it all, but I don't want to turn up either underdressed or overdressed.

Hey I worked there , basically wear plain black trousers and a white or navy shirt. It will be boring they will teach on deliver process , care plans , youll do maybe a product selfie excercise.. All I know is I was bored by it all , Have fun tho yh
that is all really,
Go for option 1. It sounds smart casual, and even though it is Currys you still need to look professional. Always better to over dress rather than under dress for these things.
Reply 4
Original post by samina_ay
x

Original post by NomadicNadia
x

Original post by Frodokins
x

Thanks everyone; option 1 it is! :smile:
Reply 5
Hey Ryan! How did your induction go? I have one on Sunday but no idea what it is or what it includes, could you please briefly tell me what it will involve? I'd really appreciate it

Reply 6
Original post by SarahMill
Hey Ryan! How did your induction go? I have one on Sunday but no idea what it is or what it includes, could you please briefly tell me what it will involve? I'd really appreciate it

Hey,

It was good! I'm not sure if it will be the same as yours though since our store has both a store induction and a company induction.

Last Sunday was the store induction. We basically just went through sales techniques, products (mainly focusing on the extras like careplans) and targets. It was very relaxed and informal and just with one of the managers from our store. He gave us the information as well as time to discuss it and write it down; not a bad day for £40!

I'm at the company induction this Sunday, and from what I've been told, it's more focused on health and safety, company aims and legal procedures etc. They also combine new staff from various stores in the local area and the training is delivered from an actual company trainer rather than a store manager. This may be what you'll be doing since not every store offers the personal store induction.

Where are you from? It'd be funny if we were both at the same induction this Sunday!
Reply 7
Hey,

It was good! I'm not sure if it will be the same as yours though since our store has both a store induction and a company induction.

Last Sunday was the store induction. We basically just went through sales techniques, products (mainly focusing on the extras like careplans) and targets. It was very relaxed and informal and just with one of the managers from our store. He gave us the information as well as time to discuss it and write it down; not a bad day for £40!

I'm at the company induction this Sunday, and from what I've been told, it's more focused on health and safety, company aims and legal procedures etc. They also combine new staff from various stores in the local area and the training is delivered from an actual company trainer rather than a store manager. This may be what you'll be doing since not every store offers the personal store induction.

Where are you from? It'd be funny if we were both at the same induction this Sunday!

Ohh I see! How strange, my interviewer told me that the induction is another interview where they will decide if I'm suitable for the job or not :s-smilie:

Hahaa yeah! I'm from London, I think I'll be at the Tottenham Court Road PC World but I'm not entirely sure, wbu? :smile:

Btw - thank you so much for the detailed and quick reply, really appreciate it :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by SarahMill
Ohh I see! How strange, my interviewer told me that the induction is another interview where they will decide if I'm suitable for the job or not :s-smilie:

Hahaa yeah! I'm from London, I think I'll be at the Tottenham Court Road PC World but I'm not entirely sure, wbu? :smile:

Btw - thank you so much for the detailed and quick reply, really appreciate it :biggrin:

Hmm that's strange! I'm just a temp so that could be why..

I'm at the Metrocentre Currys PC World (combined), just outside of Newcastle.

And no problem - best of luck for Sunday! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Hmm that's strange! I'm just a temp so that could be why..

I'm at the Metrocentre Currys PC World (combined), just outside of Newcastle.

And no problem - best of luck for Sunday! :biggrin:

I'm a temp too, maybe they have too many applications? Oh well, I'll just see how it goes :smile:

Nice! And good luck to you too! :smile:
Reply 10
Everyone that applied did you apply through the dixons website for Curry's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by moe889
Everyone that applied did you apply through the dixons website for Curry's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I did :smile:
Yeah I did too I went to the interview he told me there and then I got the job and got induction next Sunday 😊
Reply 13
How long is the induction usually?
Wear what you like, PC World is a totally piece of **** outfit with rude condescending and patronising staff who wouldn't know a PC from a can of soup. None of them know what they're talking about - I’ve seen these clowns read the back boxes to see if an item does what you request - then say “it should work” 🙀 Christ!
hey does anyone know how much you get paid for your induction? is it just the hours listed on their opening day?
Original post by mcvinod22
hey does anyone know how much you get paid for your induction? is it just the hours listed on their opening day?

yeah it's the money listed on the job overview I'm pretty sure. I've got my induction in 2 weeks but its virtual :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending