The Student Room Group

Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlwaysWatching
I've

I've been reading your posts, and it seems you just say things rather than thinking about what you post before writing. This was one example. Yes there is discrimination against Muslim's, which might be unfair, but you need to think about why.

Would you accuse anti-nazis of discrimination against nazis, and say that this is unacceptable? Maybe. Should people be discriminated by what they believe in? Islam and Nazism are both beliefs in an idea, should we discriminate against those who hold those beliefs?

(Its a philosophical question, I am not suggesting that Islam and Nazism are alike, even if Islam has some quite controversial ideas and values)

Nah,you just don't like what I've gotta say but I'll still say it. Sometimes racism and islamophobia go hand in hand. Do you see every Muslim commuting a terrorist act? Stop using your hatred of Islam to hate on Muslims. So what if the person follows the religion,that's none of your business. Focus on yourself
Original post by queen-bee
Nah,you just don't like what I've gotta say but I'll still say it. Sometimes racism and islamophobia go hand in hand. Do you see every Muslim commuting a terrorist act? Stop using your hatred of Islam to hate on Muslims. So what if the person follows the religion,that's none of your business. Focus on yourself

It is my business if it affects me, such as political Islam.

I dont think you understood my point. Is it acceptable to discriminate in terms of their beliefs? Its got nothing to do with race. Just like we discriminate against Nazis and Communists, is discrimination against Islamism acceptable?

Its not that I disagree, its because your arguments are so full of logical and intellectually flaws its easy to pick at.

I also don't hate Muslims, I disagree with them, as an atheist. Big difference.

Of all the factors that might breed extremism, religion is the one thing that gives militant Muslims their agency, hence why they are called Islamic extremists. To try and attribute their acts to anything else is to deny something which is most evident; religion is the root cause of their actions, just at religious reasons were at the heart of the 11th century crusades.
Original post by napkinsquirrel
Of all the factors that might breed extremism, religion is the one thing that gives militant Muslims their agency, hence why they are called Islamic extremists. To try and attribute their acts to anything else is to deny something which is most evident; religion is the root cause of their actions, just at religious reasons were at the heart of the 11th century crusades.

So why aren't the majority of Muslims causing chaos here in the west? Why is it only a small number who actually do this sort of disgusting stuff every now and then?
Reply 44
Original post by richpanda
Not sure if a troll or retarded...

Next target for a drone strike.
So why aren't the majority of Muslims causing chaos here in the west? Why is it only a small number who actually do this sort of disgusting stuff every now and then?

Because they'd rather bury their heads in the sand than get their hands dirty?
Original post by AlwaysWatching
It is my business if it affects me, such as political Islam.

I dont think you understood my point. Is it acceptable to discriminate in terms of their beliefs? Its got nothing to do with race. Just like we discriminate against Nazis and Communists, is discrimination against Islamism acceptable?

Its not that I disagree, its because your arguments are so full of logical and intellectually flaws its easy to pick at.

I also don't hate Muslims, I disagree with them, as an atheist. Big difference.

To generalise that Muslims are all the same just because of a terrorist attack in which the people carrying out the attacks happen to be Muslims is islaamophobia? Nobody is asking you to like Islam just don't attack Muslims because of the actions of a few nut jobs

Another post that shows you incapacity to just stop and think. Nobody is saying that all Muslims are terrorist. They are saying that there is a significant proportion of the Muslim community who follow a form of Islam that is politicized and barbaric.
To generalise that Muslims are all the same just because of a terrorist attack in which the people carrying out the attacks happen to be Muslims is islaamophobia? Nobody is asking you to like Islam just don't attack Muslims because of the actions of a few nut jobs

Again you seem to have put no thought into your reply or even read my post.

Islamophobia is essentially a meaningless term.
i guess Mr Brevik was not to blame for his demented attack... it was the Pizza deliverers.

On the news you see a minority of Muslims murdering people in the streets but behind all of these attacks there is domestic support that allows it to happen. What about all their non-vocal sympathisers and supporters who wouldn't report a terrorist in the house next door because they have more loyalty to other Muslims than they do to the West? How many Muslims in this country would be glad if Sharia law was installed in the UK tomorrow? At a glance, how can you ever deduce how radicalised somebody is? The problem that the West faces is that yes, not all Muslims are radicalised, but how many stand to benefit from Islam gaining momentum in Western countries and how many would be willing to further this by sympathising with terrorism?
Original post by Sales89
For the past 5 years Muslims have been treated like dirt. They are given the worst housing, worst jobs, they're not giving good enough benefits to support their families, they have been given 10% when they require 100%.

Being a Muslims walking down the street on being on a bus, how do you think that feels? with people looking at you like your different. Now, Muslims have become tired of Islamohpobic comments and free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

The attacks last night occurred because of racism from the likes of UKIP, who want to control the boarders and disallow Muslims jobs and benefits.

Muslims refugees have been put in concentration camps and not welcomed either.

If people keep their mouths closed this wouldn't happen. If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.

This is nonsense - being offended in Britain is no reason to kill 120 people in France, Stop apologising for illegal violence.
Reply 52
Are you having difficulty putting all your text into one quote?

You've stated the obvious. We all know there are some people (not a signed any amount)out there who manipulate their religion to suit them,thanks einstein. So what's your point? And what had that go to do with the majority of Muslims? Last time I checked islamophobia is not okay. Don't justify it

What is Islamophobia? If it refers to the irrational fear of Islam, it is not justified. However, Islamophobia becomes a snarl word nowadays, silencing legitimate concerns or criticisms regarding Islam: a religion and political ideology.
Original post by Sales89
For the past 5 years Muslims have been treated like dirt. They are given the worst housing, worst jobs, they're not giving good enough benefits to support their families, they have been given 10% when they require 100%.

Being a Muslims walking down the street on being on a bus, how do you think that feels? with people looking at you like your different. Now, Muslims have become tired of Islamohpobic comments and free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

The attacks last night occurred because of racism from the likes of UKIP, who want to control the boarders and disallow Muslims jobs and benefits.

If people keep their mouths closed this wouldn't happen. If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.

Actions speak louder than words, and if people don't understand that then they are fools. I think the biggest issue is Islamophobia is fueled by what happens in Middle-East countries such as Saudi Arabia. Recently an Indian woman had her arm chopped off in Saudia Arabia just because she complained about her employer treating her like ****. Incidents like that fuel Islamphobia and cause people to feel more hatred towards muslims. As always the innocent are the ones who end up suffering, whereas the real evil culprits get away with everything.
Original post by IslamistheTruth
"say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens"

There it is.

Best first response to a thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am an atheist and as such have on some level a problem with organised religion, be it Christianity, Judaism, Islam etc. However I will fight for the right for any other person to follow one of these religions if it is their wish. We should never condemn anyone for making a choice that it theirs to make. I therefore do have problems with Islam (as I do other religions) but my issues do not arise from acts of terror like we saw yesterday in Paris, these attacks are not carried out by anyone other that extremists that are not following any religion but a religion of terror. I do not necessarily believe muslims need to apologize for the actions of these terrorists as they are so far removed from believing the same thing that they cannot identify with them. Muslims across the continent are also scared and ashamed, to speak up is to be noticed, to be noticed risks persecution, from both sides. Islam is no more the reason for these attacks as Christianity is for the Northern Ireland troubles, or Judaism is for Israel's oppressive regime, or any other religion for and other war over time. These are wars fought by man, they are about power and control, using religious beliefs to back their otherwise hollow arguments. Religious or atheist, these people should not be condemned for their religion, but for their acts of terror.
Are people allowed to travel there? Yeah racism is a huge issue there,yikes!

I agree Paris is something else. Did you see that video where a Jew walked through a muslim neighbourhood? Was like a film :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Comments give me hope that society hasn't turned into a libtard s**thole. OP got murdered by the responses. Although I'd say we either have two courses of action,one we continue as per usual and pretend there's nothing wrong with Islam and maybe Muslims will stop behaving like savages (Probably not though). Or we can turn up the pressure and tell them to sort it out or else with a real show of force. There is no middle ground between these two actions as its only breeds more genocidal muslims because we both harass Muslims in one part of society and in another we absolve them of all their problems. If this stuff doesn't stop I can see that one day we will elect someone to literally make Muslims "go back to their own country". This will cause chaos for the first few decades but in the long run Europe would be better of imo. I'd rather that Muslims clean up their act but that's just not going to happen.
(edited 8 years ago)
Marine le Pen can send someone in to measure the curtains and there's a certain air of inevitability about all this...
Original post by Sales89

source...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending