The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by driftawaay
Cool story but I am not here for the whole PC bull****. We al knew it was an Islamic terrorist attack all along and your 'let's not jump to conclusions' whining is completely pointless.

Oh get a grip. 'PC bull****?' Yes, asking for evidence instead of stories you've dreamed up amounts to that. Act like an emotional idiot all you want; it won't change the fact that your supposed foreknowledge was speculated bull****. You still seem to think that insulting me is somehow going to change the fact that your reply was emotional nonsense.

Original post by Fidus Achates
It had already been established - what part of the ****ing world are you living in to not realise this? 6am this morning it was established this was an attack by Islamic State - are you living under a ****ing rock? Stop trying to justify your comment by digging even deeper you clueless welp.

Yes, that would explain why it took the BBC until 10 am to report it. You've clearly got some access to Islamic State officials that was denied to the world's media. Keep the ad hominems coming. They demonstrate the poor quality of the piss that's currently exiting your mouth. Stop trying to justify your comment by inserting crappy insults into your posts. :rolleyes:
Reply 121
You can't fight hatred with more hatred.

Almost every Muslim I know is appalled by the attacks but yet again this burden will also rest on THEM, along with the victims; wherever they go they'll be assosciated wth the terror that struck yesterday, you think they'll get off likely, haha? This will lay with their goddamn religion because of the hatred people spread, and it really shouldn't; we can love yet we waste on hate. Do not blame a large fraction of our world, or you'll only develop more hatred.

Did we judge Christians over the KKK?
Original post by maryamzahid
Agreed to some extent, but how can innocent muslims, normal muslims do something about this?
Having studied religion in depth, I can tell you that people misconstrue it and make it something they use as a weapon against others.
This shouldn't be the case.

The solution is to promote religious progressivism, and not secular progressivism. Inviting muslims to secularist progressivism has limited success and inflames muslims who want to follow Islam as the Prophet intended us to, and not how it suits our temptations. By showing muslims that there is a third path - that perhaps Muhammad (sawas)'s original islam was progressive and humanist, and history has been tainted by the lies of scholars backed by non-progressive arab and non-arab nationalist, racist, islamo fascist, imperialist, misogynistic caliphs, sultans, kings and emirs, we can win -religious- muslims to the cause of progressivism.
Original post by Hydeman
Oh get a grip. 'PC bull****?' Yes, asking for evidence instead of stories you've dreamed up amounts to that. Act like an emotional idiot all you want; it won't change the fact that your supposed foreknowledge was speculated bull****. You still seem to think that insulting me is somehow going to change the fact that your reply was emotional nonsense.

You are the one having a breakdown, not me.

It's not 'emotional nonsense' considering there have been other Islamic terrorist attacks in France this year. If nothing like that had happened in a long time, it would have been unreasonable to say it was an Islamic attack, but with everything going on, it was expected.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wikia

Almost every Muslim I know is appalled by the attacks but yet again this burden will also rest on THEM, along with the victims; wherever they go they'll be assosciated wth the terror that struck yesterday, you think they'll get off likely, haha? This will lay with their goddamn religion because of the hatred people spread, and it really shouldn't; we can love yet we waste on hate. Do not blame a large fraction of our world, or you'll only develop more hatred.

The difference is that the most popular official interpretations of islam, which are followed (but not properly) by most of the muslims you just mentioned, actually call for the actions that those appalled individual muslims are condemning. Non religious progessivist muslims are tacitly ideologically supporting extremism.
Original post by Hydeman
I have not suggested the highlighted claim, so you can swallow that phony outrage. Don't pull straw men to try to justify having a go at anybody who's not an apologist for Islam like you.

'Division.' Go jump off a bridge, scrotgrot. I don't give a damn about unity. You may be interested in uniting with so-called 'moderate Muslims' but I am not. The terrorist groups are not as complicated as you make them out to be: they wanted revenge for the airstrikes. It's as simple as that. There's no great plan to coax the West into alienating its Muslim population like you and your comrades seem to be perpetuating. Either prove that such a plan exists or **** off. What a disgrace you are, using this to try to justify your support for illiberal ideologies.

I am sorry if I have misinterpreted your position.

I am interested in uniting with all opponents of ISIS whatever their faith.

It is not a complex plan. If a schmo like me can work it out I'm sure someone whose entire job is co-ordinating terrorism and recruiting terrorists in the West can work it out too.

In what sense am I "supporting illiberal ideologies"?
Original post by Wikia

The KKK are not a religious/Christian organization and they don't want to kill black people because the Bible told them to. Completely irrelevant comment... educate yourself.
Original post by driftawaay
The KKK are not a religious/Christian organization and they don't want to kill black people because the Bible told them to. Completely irrelevant comment... educate yourself.

The KKK are a Christian organisation......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wikia

KKK are bad people who are also Christians. Jihadists are bad people because they are Muslim. If Islam did not exist would the events of yesterday happen? No it wouldn't because they'd have no reason to kill people. If Christianity didn't exist would the KKK exist? Yes because Christianity doesn't have a monopoly on racism. I'll admit that Christianity is neither for nor against on racism but Islam is certainly for when it comes to killing kaffir. Don't equate those two religion to each other because they are two very different monsters.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 129
It's actually staggering how many people are holding the whole of Islam responsible. A few points I'd like to make:

1. Terrorists attacks are to cause terror. These people who haven't an ounce of islamic faith inside of them want you to make Islam the antagonist. They WANT war with a civilisation that doesn't agree with theirs. This is not holy. You're just doing what they wanted you to do.

2. I don't know if any of you have any knowledge on islamic faith at all but it is a religious duty not to force your faith on other people, not to kill the innocent and not to attack unprovoked. That's just fact.

3. Remember Hitler? Didn't he blame Judaism for basically every bad thing that had ever happened? How did that turn out?

Blind hatred should not be met with more blind hatred. If you are not fully informed and you don't have all the facts then don't join the conversation. It is harmful. We're lucky enough to live in a land of peace. Do not take this for granted.
Original post by maryamzahid
Agreed to some extent, but how can innocent muslims, normal muslims do something about this?
Having studied religion in depth, I can tell you that people misconstrue it and make it something they use as a weapon against others.
This shouldn't be the case.

Maybe you've miscontrued it too? Who knows...

Religion is filth, all it does it cause conflict.

Now I'm not saying the people that choose to follow these faiths are "filth", I just find religion replusive.
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
Maybe you've miscontrued it too? Who knows...

Religion is filth, all it does it cause conflict.

Now I'm not saying the people that choose to follow these faiths are "filth", I just find religion replusive.

no, i don't believe in a religion, but i can agree on the fact that is does in some ways cause conflict.
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
First modern university. Aztecs and ancient greeks had universities too, although they were different. I'm not sure what flying machine you're talking about? Also, they brought music, yeah, but not 'music' as a whole, and the crank is not an invention by muslims. It was picked up from people in Syria who had cranks before Syria was conquered by the so called 'islamic' armies of the second caliph.

I like you a lot pal.

People like you help the Muslim communities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrotgrot
I am sorry if I have misinterpreted your position.

I am interested in uniting with all opponents of ISIS whatever their faith.

Unfortunately, I don't think we agree on who exactly constitutes 'opponents of ISIS.' Thank you for the apology though -- most of the people on this thread appear to have switched off their brains in favour of a mob mentality.

It is not a complex plan. If a schmo like me can work it out I'm sure someone whose entire job is co-ordinating terrorism and recruiting terrorists in the West can work it out too.

But what is the evidence that this is their strategy? I would happily concede the point if there was any such evidence. They may, of course, have a long-term strategy for doing what you say but all the evidence available suggests that this attack in particular was to avenge French airstrikes on IS in Iraq.

In what sense am I "supporting illiberal ideologies"?

I count Islam as an illiberal ideology. In allying yourself with so-called moderate Muslims, you are, in my view, supporting an illiberal ideology. :tongue:
Original post by JudahS

3. Remember Hitler? Didn't he blame Judaism for basically every bad thing that had ever happened? How did that turn out?

Blind hatred should not be met with more blind hatred. If you are not fully informed and you don't have all the facts then don't join the conversation. It is harmful. We're lucky enough to live in a land of peace. Do not take this for granted.

Actually he blamed jews not Judaism.

People blame Islam not muslims. There are different views you should be aware of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fidus Achates
Spoken like a true Islamic State apologist. Maybe if he was a homosexual he wouldn't need to jump, he'd be pushed. Dumb backward ideology from the 7th century has no place in modern Europe whatsoever.

Ooh, what a stir I've caused! Attacking someone on your own side for not being rabid enough, who'd have thought your little knee could jerk that fast.

As it happens I am a bisexual, despite apparently also being a "Muslim apologist" according to the person you are calling an "Islamic State apologist".

I mean, I can suggest any number of spectacular bridges if anyone wants to push me off? I think it would add much to the sense of pantomime you reactionaries have generated with this farcical exchange.

Seems between your lot and ISIS there would be a lot of competition!
Reply 136
Original post by Hydeman
Your bigoted conclusion was that a terrorist attack must necessarily be an Islamic terrorist attacke.

What on earth are you blathering on about? Of course it was an Islamist attack. Everybody knows that. The attackers screamed "Allahu akbar" and then opened fire.

If these terrorists have "nothing to do with Islam", then why would the far left and Muslims get so upset with us pointing out it was ISIS?
Reply 137
Original post by MrKmas508
KKK are bad people who are also Christians. Jihadists are bad people because they are Muslim. If Islam did not exist would the events of yesterday happen? No it wouldn't because they'd have no reason to kill people. If Christianity didn't exist would the KKK exist? Yes because Christianity doesn't have a monopoly on racism. I'll admit that Christianity is neither for nor against on racism but Islam is certainly for when it comes to killing kaffir. Don't equate those two religion to each other because they are two very different monsters.

Religion isn't always, as much as many of you believe, a bad boundary in life - it does unite people. Admittedly some of what is written in the Qur'an isn't great, but Modern Islamic beliefs don't condemn them, and as much as it may go against the religion itself some are only religious for the guidance and unity it provides. It doesn't matter though, like I said, you cannot fight hatred with more hatred.
Immigration is a privilege not a right. We should go for the candidates who are more deserving and more likely to integrate into British society therefore we should switch Pakistan with the Philippines, Bangladesh with Thailand, Sudan with Ghana, Somalia with Christian Eritreans,Afghanistan with Mexico,Iraq with Brazil, Lebanon with Armenia,Egypt with Columbia etc etc. Because for every Muslim immigrant we have that person takes the place of a more deserving non Muslim who would integrate with us or at the very least not murder us for their 'God'. I'm pro multiculturalism but some cultures need to be excluded because they do not believe in multiculturalism therefore we'll just be stuck with a fifth column who despite us while living off us.
Original post by Hydeman
Unfortunately, I don't think we agree on who exactly constitutes 'opponents of ISIS.' Thank you for the apology though -- most of the people on this thread appear to have switched off their brains in favour of a mob mentality.

But what is the evidence that this is their strategy? I would happily concede the point if there was any such evidence. They may, of course, have a long-term strategy for doing what you say but all the evidence available suggests that this attack in particular was to avenge French airstrikes on IS in Iraq.

I count Islam as an illiberal ideology. In allying yourself with so-called moderate Muslims, you are, in my view, supporting an illiberal ideology. :tongue:

Of course, but I'm sure they will have considered the likely effect of their actions on recruitment. I would in fact put it very much the other way round: the airstrikes are an excuse to mount an attack which will cause division and ultimately recruit more people. I have said much about French monoculture and hawkishness in recent years but do not forget that we are also part of the Syria coalition etc etc etc. They know that France is the closest country in Europe to electing a fascist anti-Muslim party. Their aim is to cause division.

You are naive in thinking that the motivations of the ISIS command are genuine, i.e. they are genuinely aggrieved about the airstrikes. They love it. Plus the buggers have always been about image and theatre, the style of their attacks is very much a product of the Internet hyper sharing age and they are very good at Twitter and all that. Some elements of Western culture they are right on board with!

Of course if I had said they were doing it to avenge French airstrikes I'm sure I would get a lot of bile being called a "self-hating cuck" or whatever.

Latest

Trending

Trending