The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St. John's College 2016 Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tammyd658
Hi :smile:

I'm applying for Natural Sciences and am doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths A Level. I logged on to the applicant website thing (can't remember where I found my log in details tho) and it said they normally give interview offers in the second week of November - so shouldn't be long!

Any other NatScis??

Hi,

Good luck with the application process
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hi :smile:

I'm applying for Natural Sciences and am doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths A Level. I logged on to the applicant website thing (can't remember where I found my log in details tho) and it said they normally give interview offers in the second week of November - so shouldn't be long!

Any other NatScis??

Hello! I've also applied for Natural Sciencds (Biological), but I'm just kind of twiddling my thumbs waiting to hear if I've got an interview :/ could you send me the link to where you found the information about interviews? I couldn't find it anywhere.
Reply 42
Original post by electricelephant
Hello! I've also applied for Natural Sciencds (Biological), but I'm just kind of twiddling my thumbs waiting to hear if I've got an interview :/ could you send me the link to where you found the information about interviews? I couldn't find it anywhere.

http://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/applicant-interviews
You may have to be logged in, not sure.
Original post by electricelephant

Same - other colleges have just started giving interview invitations I think too!

They should have emailed you your log in details, which will be your ucas ID and some random code thing - log on here https://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/user

Click on "my homepage" in the top right and it has links to more information on interviews, written work and the admissions process :smile:
Original post by Bilalmuh123
Hi,

Good luck with the application process

Hi, thank you! Good luck with yours too! :')
Reply 45
Original post by Haderz
http://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/applicant-interviews
You may have to be logged in, not sure.

Maths seems to be missing from the list. :/
Reply 46
Original post by gsckmom
Maths seems to be missing from the list. :/

That's annoying! But I suppose for maths just revising all of your a level content and working on problem solving/harder problems is the best preparation.
Has anyone got any replies with regards to interview yet? I am soooooooooooo nervous !!!! 😭🤕😱
Reply 48
Has anyone got any replies with regards to interview yet? I am soooooooooooo nervous !!!! 😭🤕😱

Haven't heard of any St. John's yet. It will come this week probably! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by jjsnyder
Haven't heard of any St. John's yet. It will come this week probably! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They said it should be the second week of Nov but I guess it's 3rd week this year..
Same - other colleges have just started giving interview invitations I think too!

They should have emailed you your log in details, which will be your ucas ID and some random code thing - log on here https://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/user

Click on "my homepage" in the top right and it has links to more information on interviews, written work and the admissions process :smile:

Thank you! I was worried I was missing out on a useful source of information. In the meantime, UCAS keeps playing with my emotions by directing me to Track, just to look at useless pieces of information 😡
Reply 51
Hey everyone, just found this thread,

I'm applying to John's for HSPS, and was starting to get worried as half my friends (different colleges) have now been called to interview and I haven't. This thread is reassuring :')

How is everyone feeling so close to finding out about interviews?
Original post by Bazbaz

I'm applying to John's for HSPS, and was starting to get worried as half my friends (different colleges) have now been called to interview and I haven't. This thread is reassuring :':wink:

Hi, welcome to the Johns thread

I am so nervous about hearing back from them. I hope it's good news for everyone.

Good luck 👍🏻
Original post by Bazbaz

I'm applying to John's for HSPS, and was starting to get worried as half my friends (different colleges) have now been called to interview and I haven't. This thread is reassuring :':wink:

I'm the same as you tbh - I've only got one friend who's applied to Cambridge (History at Queens') and she found out last Thursday (my friend who's applied to Oxford hasn't heard anything but they do things differently there). I was hoping that I might get a letter or something today, but in vain! :frown:

And HSPS is such a cool subject - I did consider taking it myself and pursuing an anthropological route, but as you can probably tell from my username, my love of languages won out in the end!
Reply 54
Original post by ZachyS7
They said it should be the second week of Nov but I guess it's 3rd week this year..

They did, however the deadline for the Data Protection form was the 15th, which would indicate that interview letters will come out this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Hi, welcome to the Johns thread

I am so nervous about hearing back from them. I hope it's good news for everyone.

Good luck 👍🏻

And to you! -do John's post, or email their invites to interview? not sure which is worse tbh :s-smilie:
Reply 56
Original post by SchubertLieder
I'm the same as you tbh - I've only got one friend who's applied to Cambridge (History at Queens':wink: and she found out last Thursday (my friend who's applied to Oxford hasn't heard anything but they do things differently there). I was hoping that I might get a letter or something today, but in vain! :frown:

And HSPS is such a cool subject - I did consider taking it myself and pursuing an anthropological route, but as you can probably tell from my username, my love of languages won out in the end!

John's make us HSPS kids do 3 interviews and a timed test, although at this point I'd be happy to do 30 interviews because at least I'd know I have one lol

What languages are you focusing on?
Original post by Bazbaz
And to you! -do John's post, or email their invites to interview? not sure which is worse tbh :s-smilie:

As far as I am aware, it is both 😂
Hello everyone :smile:

I'm applying for Land Economy and I'm in the same boat as all of you - still no reply...

Excited for the coming weeks and possibly an interview! Maybe if we have our interview on the same day we'll be able to meet :smile:
Reply 59
As far as I am aware, it is both 😂

well that's just excessive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending