The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4860
Original post by mazzaion
Guys, please pray for France and the people in Paris - our country has been so shaken up and needs all the help it can get!
What happened was horrible, I'm so lucky that I don't live in Paris but many people (including some of my family) do and have been injured.

I am so sorry for the wickedness that the people of Paris had to witness or endure. I am a Muslim and I can hardly believe that these people live by a religion called peace. Killing innocent people is wrong regardless of context, regardless of who you are. Hope your family are well.
Original post by PlaneovertheSea
With a 14% acceptance rate, it's always a long shot, no matter how good you are.

Exactly, I agree - so no point overthinking it and starting to picture yourself there. My course is a 6% acceptance rate and while I think my chances are probably better than 6%, it'd be pretty silly to get worked up about it
Original post by ziggyystardust
Judging from you're name, I was wondering if you're Greek?
I am and I also live in Athens!

:eek: What are the chances? I'm actually Greek Cypriot, I live in Cyprus, but close enough!
Original post by not you
You have good taste in colleges :tongue:
How did you find the BMAT?

Sections 2 and 3 I found surprisingly easy, but Section 1... Well, actually I found it like I usually had been finding the past papers: really confusing. I don't want to make any predictions on that score, but Sections 2 and 3 I am confident about. What about you?
Original post by gkallikas
Sections 2 and 3 I found surprisingly easy, but Section 1... Well, actually I found it like I usually had been finding the past papers: really confusing. I don't want to make any predictions on that score, but Sections 2 and 3 I am confident about. What about you?

I found sections 1 & 3 easy enough, although with section 1 you never really know how you did until you get your marks lol
Section 2 was okay, but barely finished it on time and judging by what people said were answers, I've got like 5 wrong already :frown:
Sucks because I'm 100% reliant on BMAT getting me an interview since I don't have GCSEs
Who's applying for medicine at oxford?
Guys, please pray for France and the people in Paris - our country has been so shaken up and needs all the help it can get!
What happened was horrible, I'm so lucky that I don't live in Paris but many people (including some of my family) do and have been injured.

French too, this event happened next to my school. Thanks god I am okay, and my relatives too. But , I feel sad for the 128 deaths. Let's also pray for Lebanon who were in the same situation 2 days ago, terrorist attacks. Let's not forget in our prayers all the other countries were innocents are killed for no reason .
Original post by ilovecake123

Me!

I've applied to Oriel - how about you?:smile:

Original post by Fatimzarzar
French too, this event happened next to my school. Thanks god I am okay, and my relatives too. But , I feel sad for the 128 deaths. Let's also pray for Lebanon who were in the same situation 2 days ago, terrorist attacks. Let's not forget in our prayers all the other countries were innocents are killed for no reason .

I'm French of Lebanese origin. My weekend wasn't very glorious - thank you guys though, stay strong ! <3

Original post by tamara98
I'm French of Lebanese origin. My weekend wasn't very glorious - thank you guys though, stay strong ! <3

Prayers from Sweden :heart: Hope your family is okay:hugs:
Original post by Karina_xo
I've applied to St. John's, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way, I applied to St. John's too!
Original post by ilovecake123

Me! Lady Margaret Hall :colondollar:
Rejection from St. John's for biochemistry, letter arrived today; I had lower than entry requirements though, so I expected it.
Just a casual reminder at this dark time for Paris, Egypt and Japan;

Don't get sucked into media finger-pointing. I know it shouldn't really need to be said, because you are all intelligent people who have the wisdom to know better, but I feel it needs to be stated as I've already noticed a lot of unfair paranoia and a horrible spike in Islam-phobic commentary (in general on social media, not in this forum).
It is a terrible thing, and certainly all these people deserve our help and sympathy, and I for one will be donating to the charities that put themselves forward, and wants to thank in advance everyone who offered their homes in France, everyone who came forward in Egypt and everyone helping to pick up the pieces in Japan, for being a positive, loving person and for making the lives of others more bearable. Be a friend to those who need you.

Anyway. that's enough of me and my own voice. Have a good weekend, and take care.
Hey,
Any news for ppe?
Reply 4875
Does anyone know if Worcester send out their interview decisions by email or letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aquaxo
Oh awesome! So you did an interview last year I assume? If so, how was it?!

Difficult but the tutors are keen to see you excel rather than trying to trip you up and that does come across.
You'll be at no disadvantage if you have no legal knowledge but familiarising yourself with how legislation and case reports are structured would be helpful.
Original post by ah07
I am so sorry for the wickedness that the people of Paris had to witness or endure. I am a Muslim and I can hardly believe that these people live by a religion called peace. Killing innocent people is wrong regardless of context, regardless of who you are. Hope your family are well.

These people live on false ideas of a religion which originally promotes peace - they're extremists. It's hard knowing this is happening in my country, but I'm lucky that non of my friends and relatives in Paris were injured! Thank you :smile:

Oh my God, I'm so glad you're okay! Stay safe yeah? The events of yesterday around the world were just horrible...

Original post by Oakflame
Prayers from Sweden :heart: Hope your family is okay:hugs:

They are, thank you so much!

Original post by Ivoryfall
Just a casual reminder at this dark time for Paris, Egypt and Japan;

Don't get sucked into media finger-pointing. I know it shouldn't really need to be said, because you are all intelligent people who have the wisdom to know better, but I feel it needs to be stated as I've already noticed a lot of unfair paranoia and a horrible spike in Islam-phobic commentary (in general on social media, not in this forum).
It is a terrible thing, and certainly all these people deserve our help and sympathy, and I for one will be donating to the charities that put themselves forward, and wants to thank in advance everyone who offered their homes in France, everyone who came forward in Egypt and everyone helping to pick up the pieces in Japan, for being a positive, loving person and for making the lives of others more bearable. Be a friend to those who need you.

Anyway. that's enough of me and my own voice. Have a good weekend, and take care.

Great post there... Obviously, being French, I got sucked into the whole Paris thing since it's so close to home but I'm definitely not forgetting the other countries. Yesterday was a dark day for the whole world, not just for France. I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll also be donating and encouraging over-18s to donate blood as well.

Thanks everyone, and good luck for your interviews! :biggrin:
Hey,
Any news for ppe?

We're probably going to have to wait a while for PPE news b/c we had to take the TSA and they've only been releasing results for things like biochemistry which don't have either an aptitude test or written work.
Original post by polarmaple
We're probably going to have to wait a while for PPE news b/c we had to take the TSA and they've only been releasing results for things like biochemistry which don't have either an aptitude test or written work.

Hey,
Well thanks a lot for your answer

Latest

Trending

Trending