The Student Room Group

Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by napkinsquirrel
You are trying to rationalise it as something other than ideological terrorism. Do you honestly think Islamophobia will lessen now that these acts have been committed? If anything it will get worse. We didn't ask Muslims and Arabs to come to the West, they came here. If they don't like their current situation in Europe they are more than welcome to go back to the Gulf states; we can see whether they prefer the ISIL style of persecution.

If you believe that the existence of ISIS is purely 'ideological terrorism' then you have not considered our involvement in the Gulf and our majorly significant role in its destabilization. I am not saying ISIS is not ideological terrorism, because it is, but there is a lot more to its existence than that.

Some Muslims have been living here happily for years: they comprise some of our doctors, nurses, firemen and other roles that are essential to the running of our privileged Western society. And you think we they should be encouraged to return to their volatile origins where attacks like the one in Paris occur on a weekly basis? How are they in anyway responsible for the atrocities of an extremist minority?

It is time to accept we live in a multicultural and mongrelized society. Ethnic purity is akin to the ideologies of Hitler, who was not only a terrorist but a genocidal one at that. People should be very careful when labeling 'Muslims and Arabs' as a group because you can't represent them all in a generalization.

Please don't spread hatred at a time when it is already prominent.
Original post by The Rad Prince
Or you could choose the gender neutral 'bani'

or if you were a guy, ibn

:smile:

I like to be Abit more specific especially for these hating trolls :wink:

Somebody's been learning Arabic!
Omg you self flagellating liberal fool. BS man, we are extremely tolerant and generous societies, for the most. Stop this please. I am prepared to admit our foreign policy doesn't help, and am exasperated by the perversity and stupidity of it, but please don't blame the ordinary, mostly decent people of Europe who are simply concerned about their continent, (the poor of whom are mostly insulted constantly in comparison to 'upstanding, hardworking immigrants') for this.

You're type of person is why Europe could collapse. No-one like unfair bigotry against decent people but what you are saying is a disgrace.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 123
Original post by Skip_Snip
Citations needed?

Also, them being given the worst jobs is probably linked to their education and work experience.

Why should they be given anything? Why shouldm't they earn it?

What else would you call someone who raped a nine year old?

Not an unfair label.

Citation needed?

Why is that something to "contend" with? I have neighbours I don't speak to.

Why should they be welcomed? Where are they meant to be put?

Islam is stronger than you will ever be.
Reply 124
No, it doesn't make you Syrian. Your passport says you are a Briton. Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't change what it is.

Briton??? Isn't that like an ancient group of Celtic people that use to live in BRITAIN.

I think the word you're looking for is British.
Original post by Sales89
Lets see how you fair when 1,000 strong pockets come at you.

That sounds like a threat, perhaps I need to get the police involved? IPs can be tracked
Original post by AzimH
Briton??? Isn't that like an ancient group of Celtic people that use to live in BRITAIN.

I think the word you're looking for is British, oh how ironic.

A Briton is a patron of Britain:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_people
So no, not very ironic really.
Reply 127
Original post by infairverona
That sounds like a threat, perhaps I need to get the police involved? IPs can be tracked

I don't need to threaten you, but other people most definitely will.
Original post by queen-bee
I'm talking about his extensive knowledge on Islam,keep up :wink:

You are now. At that point you were being challenged on understanding the word "Islamophobia", with a definition. Keep honest.
I was born and raised here,that still means I'm Syrian. Same as people who are born and raised here but who still identity as Asian for example. What's is your point? Against stop stating the obvious. We all know Syria isn't Britain

No. If you were born and raised in Britain, you are legally and logically British - you have no ties to Syria. Just because your parents were born Syrian does not mean you are, the same way my parents being a Scottish Catholic does not mean I am a Scottish Catholic.

Anyone reading this thread can see you are being childish. You have determined that me pointing out a logical flaw in your argument is to be interpreted as "hates all Muslims". It is not.
Original post by Sales89
For the past 5 years Muslims have been treated like dirt. They are given the worst housing, worst jobs, they're not giving good enough benefits to support their families, they have been given 10% when they require 100%.

Being a Muslims walking down the street on being on a bus, how do you think that feels? with people looking at you like your different. Now, Muslims have become tired of Islamohpobic comments and free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

The attacks last night occurred because of racism from the likes of UKIP, who want to control the boarders and disallow Muslims jobs and benefits.

Muslims refugees have been put in concentration camps and not welcomed either.

If people keep their mouths closed this wouldn't happen. If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.

More like children.

You need to shut the **** up
Reply 131
A Briton is a patron of Britain:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_people
So no, not very ironic really.

My bad hehe.

I guess that was the perfect opportunity to display my vast knowledge of British History :tongue: Sorry for that. Carry on with your day good Sir.
I like to be Abit more specific especially for these hating trolls :wink:

Somebody's been learning Arabic!

I wasn't joking when I said I would.

I need to learn the alphabet so I understand how it really works, rather than just English transliterations of the sounds.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
You are now. At that point you were being challenged on understanding the word "Islamophobia", with a definition. Keep honest.

We should make a reality TV show called keeping up with queen Bee :wink:
I was born and raised here,that still means I'm Syrian. Same as people who are born and raised here but who still identity as Asian for example. What's is your point? Against stop stating the obvious. We all know Syria isn't Britain

Also identifying as "Syrian" and going on holiday there regually does not mean you automatically are an expert on Syrian affairs. Just like me living in Britain doesn't make me an expert on British politics.

You may identity as Syrian, but that doesn't mean you are, and crucially, it doesn't mean you know anything about Syria.
Original post by AlwaysWatching
No. If you were born and raised in Britain, you are legally and logically British - you have no ties to Syria. Just because your parents were born Syrian does not mean you are, the same way my parents being a Scottish Catholic does not mean I am a Scottish Catholic.

Anyone reading this thread can see you are being childish. You have determined that me pointing out a logical flaw in your argument is to be interpreted as "hates all Muslims". It is not.

I am as Syrian as they get,baby :wink:
Mind you only my mother is Syrian but even she was born in Germany and grew up in America. My father is Swiss Italian.

Now you outlined why it was okay to bring race into it and it's not
Original post by customernotice
There is no such thing as a British Syrian. A British person is English, Scottish or Welsh.

Paper British.

Are you high?
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Also identifying as "Syrian" and going on holiday there regually does not mean you automatically are an expert on Syrian affairs. Just like me living in Britain doesn't make me an expert on British politics.

You may identity as Syrian, but that doesn't mean you are, and crucially, it doesn't mean you know anything about Syria.

Believe,I know Syria inside out. I've even seen bashar and his wife asma many times, oh what a beautiful place it used to be,I'm still reminiscing. Middle easterners still keep close ties to home.
Original post by Sales89
I don't need to threaten you, but other people most definitely will.

And this is why you are treated the way you are.
I am as Syrian as they get,baby :wink:
Mind you only my mother is Syrian but even she was born in Germany and grew up in America. My father is Swiss Italian.

Now you outlined why it was okay to bring race into it and it's not

Essentially, you aren't Syrian and don't really know anything about Syria than the next man does about Ibiza because he goes there every year and his uncle has a villa on the beach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending