The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
The fact only that was your response to his (good) point says it all.

I find it funny that you think that his response was a good point....
(edited 8 years ago)
I didn't say they couldn't, I implied they don't.....

99.99% of the last X thousand suicide attacks were committed by Islamic terrorists and you were sitting on the fence who did it........

I was waiting for evidence instead of joining a baying mob like a lot of people seem to want to do here (*cough* driftawaay *cough*). My original question was asking whether you meant that a suicide bombing is necessarily Islamic and you said yes, which is what I disagree with. It might be said that it's almost certain to be Islamic based on statistics, but to say that it's necessarily Islamic suggests that it's somehow impossible for a non-Muslim person to strap a suicide vest to their chest and detonate it. :tongue:
Original post by ActuallyIDo
I find it funny that you think that his response was a good point....

You find it funny I support his point that liberals like yourself are killing Europe.

Erm, which group of idiots want to admit a load of Syrians? Oh, thats right- liberals.

So his point was very good.
Original post by De4thTh3K1d
If you want to make this about religion and not terrorism that's fine, but you're fighting a losing battle:

USA (Christian country)
Iraq war (in conjunction with the UK): 134,000 Civilians directly killed

Israel (Jewish country)
Gaza war : 2139 Civilians killed (490 Children) in 50 days

That's already way more than everything you have mentioned. Maybe it is these nations that need to be banning westerners and not vice versa

Wow. You realise there's a difference between civilians and a state?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
I was waiting for evidence instead of joining a baying mob like a lot of people seem to want to do here (*cough* driftawaay *cough*). My original question was asking whether you meant that a suicide bombing is necessarily Islamic and you said yes, which is what I disagree with. It might be said that it's almost certain to be Islamic based on statistics, but to say that it's necessarily Islamic suggests that it's somehow impossible for a non-Muslim person to strap a suicide vest to their chest and detonate it. :tongue:

99.99% of the last X thousand suicide attacks are Islamic- I'd call it an Islamic thing.
99.99% of the last X thousand suicide attacks are Islamic- I'd call it an Islamic thing.

And I wouldn't -- it's not necessarily Islamic so it's not an Islamic thing as far as I'm concerned.
Original post by Hydeman
And I wouldn't -- it's not necessarily Islamic so it's not Islamic.

Then why is it so prevalent by Islamic terrorism? Do you reckon they flip a coin which method to use and it **just** happened to land heads the last 10,000 times?
No.

Yes but Cameron is too spineless to come out with something like that.
What would be the point, because now you are just assuming every Muslim wants to go round killing people when at least more than 95% of the refugees are seeking safety and just want to live their lives somewhere else because their country is going down the drain...

Source?

it only takes a few to do this btw. 5% is more than a few
You find it funny I support his point that liberals like yourself are killing Europe.

Erm, which group of idiots want to admit a load of Syrians? Oh, thats right- liberals.

So his point was very good.

Whatever, I'm over this you're talking **** now tbh
Original post by Hydeman
And I wouldn't -- it's not necessarily Islamic so it's not an Islamic thing as far as I'm concerned.

Typical of an Islamic apologist, which is what you are. You refuse to accept all the bad elements of Islam and its quite clear negative associations. History tells us otherwise. Just like the British Empire were rapists and pillagers, and I am not afraid to admit it, Islam is a backward 7th century ideology that has contributed to the high incidence rate of terrorist attacks across the world.

I didn't say they couldn't, I implied they don't.....99.99% of the last X thousand suicide attacks were committed by Islamic terrorists and you were sitting on the fence who did it........

Don't point out facts, people don't like it. I bet there's some apologist out there looking for the 00.01% of suicide attacks out there committed by non Muslims in an attempt to deflect this discussion.
I'd support three policies:
- border restrictions
- assimilation measures
- fixing the middle east

the key is to provide incentive to ordinary Muslims to root out the radicals, DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

A good example would be France considering reinstating the Burqa on the condition that there is no more terrorist attacks.

Result? Ordinary Muslims get angry at extremists and they purge them themselves.
Then why is it so prevalent by Islamic terrorism? Do you reckon they flip a coin which method to use and it **just** happened to land heads the last 10,000 times?

That's another problem entirely and, as it happens, it's perfectly possible to flip a coin and have it land on heads 10 000 times. :tongue: Each flip is an independent event with a 0.5 probability for each side assuming it's a fair coin. My issue was mainly with the suggestion that any suicide bombing must, by default, be carried out by a Muslim. The how and why of why Islamic terrorism is so prevalent is another debate and probably one that's too long for me to engage in after pulling an all-nighter... :s-smilie:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Good luck with finding oil.

We have other sources but tbh we could do with reducing ourselves of oil.

It's why he have things like the green movement
Original post by Fidus Achates
Typical of an Islamic apologist, which is what you are. You refuse to accept all the bad elements of Islam and its quite clear negative associations. History tells us otherwise. Just like the British Empire were rapists and pillagers, and I am not afraid to admit it, Islam is a backward 7th century ideology that has contributed to the high incidence rate of terrorist attacks across the world.

More senseless drivel on your part. If you had any idea of what I get up to on the religion forum on an almost weekly (if not daily) basis, you'd make an attempt to stem the flow of faeces from your mouth. I understand that you don't have any real counter arguments so do go suck on an egg, won't you.

If you'd like to present evidence, that hated thing for all idiots of your kind, for my apparent refusal to accept the bad elements of Islam, please do present it. I'd love to see how much more you can pull out of your ass.
Original post by Hydeman
That's another problem entirely and, as it happens, it's perfectly possible to flip a coin and have it land on heads 10 000 times. :tongue: Each flip is an independent event with a 0.5 probability for each side assuming it's a fair coin. My issue was mainly with the suggestion that any suicide bombing must, by default, be carried out by a Muslim. The how and why of why Islamic terrorism is so prevalent is another debate and probably one that's too long for me to engage in after pulling an all-nighter... :s-smilie:

You're still not answering my question. Something occurs ten thousand times and the 10,001th time it occurs, you are unable to spot a trend?

Whatever, I'm over this you're talking **** now tbh

Of course you are- because you cannot provide a logical response back without admitting you are wrong......

Why else did you just say "whatever"? Because you know you are beat....
Original post by Hydeman
More senseless drivel on your part. If you had any idea of what I get up to on the religion forum on an almost weekly (if not daily) basis, you'd make an attempt to stem the flow of faeces from your mouth. I understand that you don't have any real counter arguments so do go suck on an egg, won't you.

If you'd like to present evidence, that hated thing for all idiots of your kind, for my apparent refusal to accept the bad elements of Islam, please do present it. I'd love to see how much more you can pull out of your ass.

All of this from someone that cried about ad hominems. You are as much as a hypocrite as the Islamists.

Latest

Trending

Trending