The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes lets get rid of Muslim Doctors great idea isn't it OP!
Original post by billydisco
You're still not answering my question. Something occurs ten thousand times and the 10,001th time it occurs, you are unable to spot a trend?

I've already answered your question. Your question was whether it's possible to flip a coin 10 000 times and have it land on heads every time. And the answer to that is yes, for the reasons explained in the previous post.

So this new question about a trend -- yes, I can spot a trend. But my original objection was to your assertion that a suicide bombing must necessarily be the act of a Muslim and that it is therefore unreasonable to question whether a suicide bombing was an Islamic attack or not. I disagreed with this, again for reasons already described.

You seem to be getting at a different point now, but if the conclusion you want me to draw is that a high incidence of suicide bombers being motivated by Islam proves that suicide bombings must always be the act of a Muslim, I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. :wink:
Original post by BaconandSauce
We have other sources but tbh we could do with reducing ourselves of oil.

It's why he have things like the green movement

Apparently , the UK used to heavily rely on middle eastern oil . But now 71% comes from Norway , quite surprised.
Okay so a Muslim terrorist is going to think to themself "oh my religion is banned I guess I don't have to kill people anymore"

??? where is the logic
If anything, there'll be more terrorist attacks as revenge. The Paris attack was revenge for Syria bombings, after all.
I get that immigration being banned will make a difference, but that's going to negatively affect so many innocent people.
Reply 204
Original post by billydisco
What use is a border control if the IDs of terrorists are not known?

The problem isn't people, its the religion.

The basic principles of Islam are the same as in the Bible and Torah. So, it's the way people chose to interpret them.

Also, people visitng Syria and other or more than one middle eastern country tend to get checked regularly when crossing the border. Moreover, people who pose terrorism-related threat are usually known e.g. Few of the terrorists in Paris were known to the Gendarmerie.
Original post by Fidus Achates
Ad hominem: I understand that you don't have any real counter arguments so do go suck on an egg, won't you.

Nice selective argument fallacy you have used there. Thats an obvious attack on the character, dumb arse.

And does it claim or attempt to bolster my own argument or discredit yours by virtue of being a different way of telling you to get lost? No, it doesn't, 'dumb arse.' Hence it is not an ad hominem argument. And neither is it an attack on your character -- it's an attack on your lack of arguments that don't try to discredit my argument by associating me with a group you view unfavourably (guilt by association :rolleyes:).

I suggest you resume your frantic Wikipedia search to try and find something else to take another little run at trying to discredit my arguments via personal attacks, which is what ad hominem is. I recommend you start by learning the difference between a mere insult and an ad hominem. :smile:
Original post by Ace123
After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.

Meanwhile in US white boys shoots children in schools.
Reply 208
Original post by ivybridge
No.

You realize Islam hates gays.

How the **** are liberal defending Islam is ****ing beyond me.
Original post by Ashtar
You realize Islam hates gays.

How the **** are liberal defending Islam is ****ing beyond me.

My best friend is a devout male muslim. Try again.

Oh and that's because I don't tar everyone with the same brush.
Reply 210
My best friend is a devout male muslim. Try again.

Oh and that's because I don't tar everyone with the same brush.

You're brainwashed, congrats
Reply 211
My best friend is a devout male muslim.

If he thinks homosexuality is okay, he's actually not really devout
37,156 signatures in the last hour WOW THIS MUST BE A RECORD
Damn it feels good to live in London. Haven't had to hear drivel like this since the late 90s. Please do me a favour and never come inside the M25! Cheers.

Surely banning all immigrants will only force said immigrants into a state of poverty and desperation, thereby breeding more criminals and possible extremists in the future?
Original post by woIfie

The Pope isn't devout? Wow.
Original post by Ashtar
You're brainwashed, congrats

Because I disagree with ignorant generalising? Then sure, whatever you want to label that as, I guess.
Original post by woIfie

Pathetic attempt to sound intelligent.

Whether or not he thinks homosexuality is okay is irrelevant, it's about being tolerant.
President Hollande has called it a war by ISIL, yet people are still debating whether we should jump the gun and say it is an attack by Islamic terrorists.

I hope other leaders call it a war and act appropriately by reducing ISIL to clay.

Latest

Trending

Trending