The Student Room Group

Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this

Scroll to see replies

I'm not going to deny that Islamaphobia is a massive problem, but last night was due to a combination of political and religious factors. But mostly it was the result of a few deranged individuals.
Original post by nulli tertius
America's first foreign land battle was fought in what is now Libya.

Was this before or after Libya attacked it's neighbours and supported terrorism?
Original post by MatureStudent36
Was this before or after Libya attacked it's neighbours and supported terrorism?

Piracy rather than terrorism
Reply 163
Original post by nulli tertius
America's first foreign land battle was fought in what is now Libya.
Behave.
Original post by AlwaysWatching
No it doesn't. No such thing.

*sigh*
Original post by QE2
So why did 9/11 happen? What about all the other Islamist attacks before the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan? What was the jsutification for those? It must have been something else.

First of all I don't believe for a second that any muslim or Arab carried out 9/11,bush did 9/11/the CIA. Arabs and Muslims were just used as scape goats so there lands could be invaded. I'm sure extremism existed way before 9/11 but wouldn't you agree that it's gotten worse since then? We need to ask ourselves why that's the case
Original post by Sales89

free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent.

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

Well OP, if this isn't a good enough reason to massacre over a hundred innocent people in Paris then I don't know what is!

By the way, your attempt at exonerating the paedophile gangs says a lot more about you than anyone else. Hang your head in shame. People like you are the reason innocent Muslims get abuse.

Edit: I've been had!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
First of all I don't believe for a second that any muslim or Arab carried out 9/11,bush did 9/11/the CIA. Arabs and Muslims were just used as scape goats so there lands could be invaded. I'm sure extremism existed way before 9/11 but wouldn't you agree that it's gotten worse since then? We need to ask ourselves why that's the case

Not biting on the tin foil hat conspiracy guff but I'll ask you what your theory is on why the Ottomons killed, enslaved and raped for hundreds of years? I believe this was prior to 9/11. I'd also point out that 9/11 wasn't even the first terrorist attack on The Twin Towers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing
Original post by KimKallstrom
Not biting on the tin foil hat conspiracy guff but I'll ask you what your theory is on why the Ottomons killed, enslaved and raped for hundreds of years? I believe this was prior to 9/11. I'd also point out that 9/11 wasn't even the first terrorist attack on The Twin Towers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing

I know you want me to say because of Islam. There's always good and bad people in every society,religion/era but I'm not going to say Islam is bad because of the actions of certain people. I know it's not by 9/11 was planned out well enough by bush et al
Reply 169
Original post by battycatlady
I'm not going to deny that Islamaphobia is a massive problem

A phobia is an irrational fear.

There is NOTHING irrational of fearing Islamic extremism.
I doubt Bush could plan his next meal without getting a headache.
Original post by queen-bee

There is no evidence that 9/11 was an inside job, nothing substantiated anyway.

Anyway, we have to acknowledge that Islam has a problem with terrorism and extremism, because of its ideology. Religions are not equal.

Imagine an extremist Jain. A Jain would not suicide bomb or obtain slave-girls. Jainism espouses violence in all of its forms. unfortunately, Islam does not in its entirety.
Personally, I think we need to stop pulling the religion card whenever we get the chance.
At the end of the day, this destruction and chaos is down to extremist thoughts, it doesn't matter if it has to do with religion or not because Muslims will argue that they didn't do it in the name of Islam anyways (and they didn't). It gets to a point where you just have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The bigger picture being that ISIS should be stopped at any cost, and that goes for all extremists groups in general!
Original post by G8D
Bring back negs.

Forget negs, I want his IP address.
What a disgusting apologist tone from this thread. This was an attack against the French state committed in the name of a religion caused in part by western inaction in Syria prompting refugees to flee.

The response to this is clear! The British and French armed forces should be immediately deployed to Syria to slaughter anybody sympathetic to ideology of ISIS.

Also, i do hope the mods have passed OP's details as an apologist to the police.
Original post by Iqrahaq123
Personally, I think we need to stop pulling the religion card whenever we get the chance.
At the end of the day, this destruction and chaos is down to extremist thoughts, it doesn't matter if it has to do with religion or not because Muslims will argue that they didn't do it in the name of Islam anyways (and they didn't). It gets to a point where you just have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The bigger picture being that ISIS should be stopped at any cost, and that goes for all extremists groups in general!

Islam is not equal to other religions. You cannot equate Islam to Jainism. There clearly is an extemists problem in Islam which is dangerous and down to Islam's teachings in both the Quran and hadiths.
Original post by blueberrypollen
Islam is not equal to other religions. You cannot equate Islam to Jainism. There clearly is an extemists problem in Islam which is dangerous and down to Islam's teachings in both the Quran and hadiths.

I agree, Islam definitely doesn't equate to other religions, but at the same time, other religions don't equate to Islam either. But we have to agree with the fact that not all terrorism is in the name of Islam, as idiotic as the extremist ideology is behind it. Just because the media seems to want to bring so much attention to Islamic extremists (which it should) does not mean that all terrorism is down to Islam.

I believe that teachings in Islam are ultimately twisted as they have mostly been taken out of context. But that is my opinion, along with the fact that ISIS is scum and should be taken down at all costs.
Original post by Iqrahaq123
I agree, Islam definitely doesn't equate to other religions, but at the same time, other religions don't equate to Islam either. But we have to agree with the fact that not all terrorism is in the name of Islam, as idiotic as the extremist ideology is behind it. Just because the media seems to want to bring so much attention to Islamic extremists (which it should) does not mean that all terrorism is down to Islam.

I believe that teachings in Islam are ultimately twisted as they have mostly been taken out of context. But that is my opinion, along with the fact that ISIS is scum and should be taken down at all costs.

I agree with you to an extent.

Of course, not all Muslims comitting attacks will do it because of Islam. But I think when attacks are done in the NAME of Islam, they usually are due to its teaching i..e ISIS which in my opinion is just as Islamic as the next Muslim.

Some teachings are taken out of context, others aren't. For example, destroying idols or taking girls as slaves (non-Muslims), or charging the jizya. These are clear Islamic teachings which the Prophet (a.s.) condoned.

It's good that you acknowledge Islam is responsibe to a degree. I can't stand the brothers and sisters who deny it at all costs. It prevents us as a community actually standing against real issues (such as pure Anti-Muslim Bigotry).
Let's start by calling these murder scum Daesh. Whatever their imagined grievances they are not entitled to go around murdering people and saying that Allah is chuffed to bits.
You sound as bad as those people who carried out those attacks. The attacks last night happened because some lunatics want the whole world to be Muslim and believe in killing the so called infidels. ISIS is not just killing westerners they even kill Muslims who don't have the same ideologies as they have. Instead of blaming the world for your issues, you need to find ways to make things better because the Muslim community is not the only community that is being profiled.I am black woman and black people get profiled too but will that justify murder ?? Hell No. Also UKIP does not just target Muslims, they even want all Europeans out of the UK so i have no idea what you are talking about. Stop being an ISIS sympathizer
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending