Do we?

Yes, and it is not very appealing.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Yes, and it is not very appealing.

we're not all the same.
Reply 7
Original post by OU Student
we're not all the same.

Okay but I would admit that at least , sixty percent of British women have that accent.
If it's only you noticing this perhaps it's only you they're talking like that towards, which could perhaps imply that they just find incredibly boring and don't get particularly animated when talking to you.
Reply 9
Okay but I would admit that at least , sixty percent of British women have that accent.

Accent and tone of voice are completely different things...
Original post by fahmina
Accent and tone of voice are completely different things...

Well having that tone of voice , is apart of the accent.....
siri is not real
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If it's only you noticing this perhaps it's only you they're talking like that towards, which could perhaps imply that they just find incredibly boring and don't get particularly animated when talking to you.

I disagree, as foreign women tend to be the opposite and also non native British women.
I always attract the plain ones l, with that boring accent.
Reply 13
nope, they don't.
100% true. British women are unemotional, they are like robots. Such a sad sight to see.
ouch. :frown:
i don't think we do.. but maybe you've been speaking to boring women?
Because women are emotional wrecks, mate.
Reply 17
Well having that tone of voice , is apart of the accent.....

The British accent varies from city to city, town to town, village to village, neighbourhood to neighbourhood, so again, it's difficult to define "British accent".

May I ask what accent you have/where you are from?
Original post by fahmina
The British accent varies from city to city, town to town, village to village, neighbourhood to neighbourhood, so again, it's difficult to define "British accent".

May I ask what accent you have/where you are from?

I have the esturay accent, and I am from London.
Reply 19
I have the esturay accent, and I am from London.

So, you understand that accents change dependent on the part of the city you are in. For example, in London, there is cockney, received pronunciation, estuary, multicultural London English...

I believe you are speaking of the RP accent when you say the "women" speak monotonously, but that's just a general RP accent - I don't believe it changes much between a pompous male and a pompous female.

Latest