The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Banning a religion would only cause more attacks especially if the religion has more than a billion followers world wide
Reply 241
Original post by ivybridge
The Pope isn't devout? Wow.

It sounds like you're an incredibly confused individual. Catholic =/= Muslim

If a Muslim believes homosexuality is okay, he is not devout.
Original post by woIfie
It sounds like you're an incredibly confused individual. Catholic =/= Muslim

If a Muslim believes homosexuality is okay, he is not devout.

I didn't think you'd understand the very clear link I made.

Why are most muslim's anti-homosexuality? Because their faith teaches them thus and their texts reference to it. How is this different to Catholicism and Christianity? The Pope is a devout Catholic Christian who has taken a pro-gay rights approach to the issue. Therefore, a muslim can disagree with areas for his or her faith for a range of reasons but still be devout (i.e. committed to their faith).

It isn't that I am confused, it's that you're wrong :lol:.
Reply 243
Michael Scheuer, the ex-CIA officer, and favourite political analyst of Islamists (cf. Bin Laden's approbation of Scheuer and ISIS favourably quoting him in their propaganda films) gets to the heart of the problem of Islam in Europe in one of his articles.

http://non-intervention.com/1566/starring-in-a-lethal-remake-of-duck-soup-europes-leaders-and-barack-obama/

"One of the more reality-free themes to come out of the story of the Islamic State’s growing strength and purposeful expansion in Libya and North Africa generally has been the frantic claims by European statesmen especially those from Italy that IS intends to use North Africa as a “gateway” to invade Europe. These hysterical fears have even moved the Italians to offer to lead a NATO intervention into Libya to defeat the Islamists. This is the same Italy, remember, that skedaddled from Iraq after a few of its soldiers were killed there by the Islamist fighters. One can only surmise that a Rome-led NATO invasion of Libya would go just fine so long as the invading force suffered no casualties.

The truth in this affair is that Italy and most of the other European countries long ago surrendered their internal security to a two-man Islamist force. The names of those two Islamist Goliaths are Abu Khalid bin Diversity and Abu Mukhtar al-Multiculturalism, those great shredders of the West’s social cohesion and internal security. The Europeans’ enraptured if lunatic love affair with the two Abu boys has opened the European continent to an enormous number of Muslim immigrants from across the Middle East and elsewhere in the Muslim world."

The two Abus were fraudulent parasites to begin with but its still not quite too late for Europe to deal with them, if it wants to preserve itself that is.
Reply 244
Original post by ivybridge
I didn't think you'd understand the very clear link I made.

It's not that I didn't understand it, it's that it's a crude, unintelligent analogy. And if you think the pope is pro-gay then you must be a particularly weak and self-hating kind of gay person.

Why are most muslim's anti-homosexuality? Because their faith teaches them thus and their texts reference to it

You answered your own question. If he's not following what his own faith teaches and his own scriptures require, he is not devout.

See, it's not that hard, is it?
Reply 245
Original post by Sephiroth
That would solve nothing. Islamic extremists have already infiltrated Europe.

Perhaps, temporary internment camps followed by compulsory repatriation is the answer.
Terrorism is not a religion nor is it a race.
Original post by woIfie
It's not that I didn't understand it, it's that it's a crude, unintelligent analogy. And if you think the pope is pro-gay then you must be a particularly weak and self-hating kind of gay person.

You answered your own question. If he's not following what his own faith teaches and his own scriptures require, he is not devout.

See, it's not that hard, is it?

I don't see how thinking the Pope is pro-gay rights would equate to hating myself? You're talking such illogical ****.

Well that's obviously completely incorrect, the scriptures are full of contradictions - it is literally impossible to follow them absolutely.

Yeah, it's really not, so why do you still not understand?
Reply 248
Original post by Ayčun
Your statement is wrong. First, Islam as a religion doesnt commit terrorism, but rather forbids and condmens it. Second, there are muslim terrorists but they are less than 2%, the rest we don't hear about as they dont get as much media coverage.

I should hope it is less than 2%.

Merkel has let a million (+/-) Syrians into Germany this year. If it's only 0.002% (that's 1000 times smaller number than your upper limit) that would be 20 terrorists. We've just seen what eight of them can do when they put their minds to it.
Original post by Heliosphan
Oh dear. Do you really believe this is anything other than Islam?

Shouts of allahu akbar according to the BBC.

Wake up.

It was an inside job.

Wake up.
Original post by driftawaay
No, they are Muslim. They just follow a different interpretation than you. :h:

Ignorance at its finest.
Original post by Ace123
After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.

Original post by Life_peer
Yes, please. Wake up, people.

Original post by Sephiroth
That would solve nothing. Islamic extremists have already infiltrated Europe.

No. No. No. If you studied Islam, then you would know it is a perfect peaceful religion. However, some people misinterpret some things. If a secondary school student gets a maths questions, do you blame Maths or do you blame the student for not knowing the math?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Completely agree, unfortunately. I recommend that anyone who is offended by facts and trends observed in relation to Islam, and the issues that this doctrine and groups of its adherents throw up in the West, does not click the spoiler below. I do not want to upset anyone but I have a right/it is my social, patriotic, and Christian duty to make the points that follow - points which are on topic/highly relevant to the current crisis that we (Muslims and non-Muslims alike) are facing

I have really gone to town with the below, which may feel like an attack on all Muslims (I can assure you that it is not, and to be clear: Muslims are obviously not collectively responsible for these attacks), but it is high time that those of us in the know speak out about the social catastrophe that is waiting just around the corner

Spoiler

Nope,they just want to find a safe haven :smile:
Reply 253
I think it is time to discuss the problems caused by those Muslim immigrants who are unwilling to integrate into Western culture. Like it or not, both 'anglophobia' and 'islamophobia' can be traced back to that and both breed radicalisation.

It's simple. You don't need to stop immigration or ban islam. But the willingness to integrate should be mandatory. So just require that anyone who wants to immigrate into the country has to have his application supported by five English citizens who have lived in England for at least three generations. If you don't have English friends, then you'd better get some.
(edited 8 years ago)
I ask you to please take 10mins of your time to read this

Really, In the 21st i would have hoped people would be more rational. Radical Muslims make up less than 1% of muslims as a whole. To justify the action of these radicals and say their motive is Islam is wrong. Have any of you (who oppose Islam) ever met a muslim? Have any of you seen what is happening in Conflict in Islamic countries? Have you seen muslims being burnt alive in Central Africa? Have any of you seen the devastating conditions that men, women and children are facing in Palestine, Have you? But after all this Muslims are still the terrorists!

'Try turning on the tv and watch all the news, For example you'd hear the reports of the attacker shouting allah Akbar' - BaconandSauce.

Ok, so firstly why hasn't the news said anything based on this information. Why haven't you given a link the the so called 'news' video where you can hear this. Do you really think that the Military at the scene wouldn't have picked this up, why is it only you who claims to have heard this. The footage has been replayed multiple times, why hasn't the 'news' said anything regarding this?

Secondly, it shouldn't the priority to find out who did the attack, It is how they did it. It is a matter of national security. Ask yourself 'how did the attackers stage the attack? If they were IS, how did they get into the country? Why wasn't the attack prevented?' Don't you think it's unusual when a muslim is attacked because they wear a headscarf or because they are muslim and it doesn't make the headlines, but when another guy is attacked by a so called 'muslim' it makes the headlines every time? Don't you ever question yourself if the Media has engraved a stereotype of a muslim into you minds by feeding you all of this 'corrupt' information?

Do any of you actually understand the religion of Islam? Do any of you understand any of its values. Do you ever question yourself as to why Islamic State commits acts against the basic values of islam? For example, suicide is prohibited in Islam but IS does it. To harm an innocent person is prohibited but IS does it. Do you ask yourself if Islamic state are actually Muslims? Have you ever asked them if they know anything else other that Allahu Akbar (God is the Greatest)? Have you realised that all of these problems have only arisen after European involvement in the Middle-East?

Please go to a mosque and educate yourselves, Please go to school and learn about Islam, Please ask a muslim about their own intentions and Please don't stereotype anyone, any race or any group and judge the majority but the actions of the minority. There will always be that racist group existing in EVERY country, but NEVER stereotype the majority. I'm sure that if you knew me, you would understand that not every Muslim is a terrorist.

From a very Misunderstood Person
Original post by unknown786786
there is no 100 percent proof so you cant really say that what 22 000 attacks would u atkeastn name me one solid proof and which one bcuz there is no solid proof of it check on internet as u lyk thete would not be any

There's no solid proof last night was committed by ISIS?
Original post by infairverona
I truly believe that not all Muslims should be blamed for these kinds of acts BUT when this happens none of them are standing up saying they don't agree with it. They are silent. This is not acceptable. If these terrorists say they are acting in the name of Islam unfortunately we cannot pick and choose who is or isn't a true Muslim just because we don't like what they have done. We cannot apologise for them and say they are not Muslims, that is not how religion and belief works. A person who prays every day in church is no less a religious person than someone who believes in God but does not ever attend church. If this religion can be interpreted as inciting terror then that is a serious problem which needs urgent attention and there are enough of these acts now for me to think Muslims should not be coming through Europe because we simply don't know what is going to happen anymore. There are no Jews, Sikhs etc doing these kinds of acts in the name of their religions? Why is it always Muslims? You can't just say 'the terrorists are not Muslim', if they say they are Muslim then they are Muslims whether you like that or not.

[e] When we were told that we were interfering with Iraq people here protested in London because we didn't want it done in our name. Why are Muslims not collaborating and doing something similar if they don't want people thinking this is their religion? If this was me I would want to take action to separate myself and my beliefs from extremists and make it clear to the world that these acts were not done in my name as a religious believer. While Muslims stay silent you are going to be blamed, no matter how unfair that is.

Since when have we stayed silent?!
This is probably the most ignorant post I have seen in my entire life!
Have you been on Twitter today? Facebook? Tumblr?
#Muslimsarenotterrorists is trending, so is #Notinmyname!
No matter how unfair it is?
White people have such high double standards.
There should be a law that says you can only blame someone for a horrendous act when it is not an inside job (which this one clearly is as there are reports saying there is proof that the terrorists were refugees because there was a Syrian passport found on the body of one of the terrorists... Because a passport can really withstand a bomb blast, can't they(?))

Also, if I were to say I'm Christian does that mean I'm a Christian? I guess apparently, according to you, it does.
Also, only 15% of terror attacks in the past few years have been down by so called 'Muslims'.
Honestly, if this is what you guys really want, then we should also stop trading too. Lord knows how you guys will survive without our oil...
Original post by imaanr

No you hold that title when you claimed muslims invented algebra and then made a racist remark.
Reply 258
Original post by imaanr
Since when have we stayed silent?!
Have you been on Twitter today? Facebook? Tumblr?
#Muslimsarenotterrorists is trending, so is #Notinmyname!

That is part of the problem. Muslims who deny that there are terrorist muslims. How can they expect anyone to take them seriously?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by imaanr
Lord knows how you guys will survive without our oil...

Hold on how much Oil does Bristol produce?

Latest