The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Uni, Engineering with integrated foundation year-interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Gladiator12345
What r u going to study further chem eng or summat else? im travelling from near leeds u?

Hopefully Civil Eng, but not 100%. May change my mind during the foundation year to whichever one I'm the most interested in. Lucky, im coming up from Exeter...
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by wmurch
Hopefully Civil Eng, but not 100%. May change my mind during the foundation year to whichever one I'm the most interested in. Lucky, im coming up from Exeter...

What r u gonna wear?
Reply 42
What r u gonna wear?

hmm, smart casual, one of my friends had an interview last year so ill what they wore. Where else have you applied?
Original post by wmurch
hmm, smart casual, one of my friends had an interview last year so ill what they wore. Where else have you applied?

Nottingham, leeds, sheffield, hull what bout u?
Reply 44
Nottingham, leeds, sheffield, hull what bout u?

Nice, I thought about Nottingham. Exeter, Leicester, Liverpool and Herriot-Watt.
Original post by wmurch
Nice, I thought about Nottingham. Exeter, Leicester, Liverpool and Herriot-Watt.

Good unis mate imagine if we meet each other at manchester stay in touch mate
Hi everyone hope ur all doin well. I applied for engineering with an integrated foundation year at UoM and i hope to go on to study chem eng. I was wondering who else has an interview on the 2nd December? And if anyone has already had it can they please tell me how the interview and test were like?
Thanks in advance and much appreciated

I've also got an interview at UoM but its for the Science with an integrated foundation Year. Mine was meant to be on November 4th but they moved it to December 2nd. I'm more nervous about the test than the actual interview. Do you think if you bad on the test they'll reject your application?

Thanks.
Original post by wmurch
Hey, I have an interview on the 2nd of December too!
I've spoken to the foundation admin team at the UoM and they said that we would be having a talk in the morning about the Foundation year. Then in the afternoon we would have a Maths and Physics test. Although I'm preparing for an one on one interview just in case. where are you travelling from?

Hi,
Do you know what to revise for the Physics and Maths test? I don't really do maths or Physics at A level and never did it at AS. Do you think it plays a big part in them giving you an offer especially if you don't do as well?

Thanks
Original post by CosmicAero
I've also got an interview at UoM but its for the Science with an integrated foundation Year. Mine was meant to be on November 4th but they moved it to December 2nd. I'm more nervous about the test than the actual interview. Do you think if you bad on the test they'll reject your application?

Thanks.

I honestly dont know mate how hard the test will be hopefully its not that hard and i dont know how it works hope u get an offer mate
I honestly dont know mate how hard the test will be hopefully its not that hard and i dont know how it works hope u get an offer mate

Manchester sent me a email confirming they have received my application and have sent it to the administration office. If they send me a offer and invite me to a visit day on December 2nd, can I ask if they can push/delay it further back ideally early January.

I want enough time to recap all of A level m]Maths/Physics since I'm a gap year student and would be able to handle any A level content they throw.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Manchester sent me a email confirming they have received my application and have sent it to the administration office. If they send me a offer and invite me to a visit day on December 2nd, can I ask if they can push/delay it further back ideally early January.

I want enough time to recap all of A level m]Maths/Physics since I'm a gap year student and would be able to handle any A level content they throw.

Well the test is only meant to be 30 mins so I doubt it will contain that much material if it's also going to be maths and physics then I doubt they'll be able to cram that many topics in. But who knows
Good guys, mhhh I am gonna send my app in like a week but this test, what do they expect us to know? Like come on, we didn't do Alevel maths and physics and Gcse was years ago? If any of you can post what type of questions, Gcse, a-level, not THE questions, that'd help us but I'd say it's fair to keep quite about it, to not give others an advantage :P
Original post by RiskVsReward
Good guys, mhhh I am gonna send my app in like a week but this test, what do they expect us to know? Like come on, we didn't do Alevel maths and physics and Gcse was years ago? If any of you can post what type of questions, Gcse, a-level, not THE questions, that'd help us but I'd say it's fair to keep quite about it, to not give others an advantage :P

That's exactly what I was thinking. Even if they could just give a list of possible topics which could come up that would make life so much easier. I'm currently trying to cram in all of GCSE physics in two weeks and trying to go over all of GCSE maths as I don't do it at A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's exactly what I was thinking. Even if they could just give a list of possible topics which could come up that would make life so much easier. I'm currently trying to cram in all of GCSE physics in two weeks and trying to go over all of GCSE maths as I don't do it at A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently, I heard that they split us into 2 groups those who only have GCSE maths knowledge and those with A level maths knowledge. The GCSE maths students start briefly recapping higher tier syllabus and swiftly move onto AS maths whereas A level students briefly recap AS maths and move onto A2 and then further maths etc. It doesn't matter because by the end of the year we would still reach the same level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently, I heard that they split us into 2 groups those who only have GCSE maths knowledge and those with A level maths knowledge. The GCSE maths students start briefly recapping higher tier syllabus and swiftly move onto AS maths whereas A level students briefly recap AS maths and move onto A2 and then further maths etc. It doesn't matter because by the end of the year we would still reach the same level.

Hehe I might think of not applying. Simply, I can't risk a rejection because I didn't know AS maths when I have only studied it to GCSE. In my double science physics I got full marks in 1 exam, great in the other but right now I have no memory of any of them. I am also resitting so they may raise their offer lol much better unis like southampton(not much better but better nevertheless) won't and will probably be more competitive but at least I know I have an equal chance as another person vs me doing bad because I Didn't do Maths @ alevel or physics and haven done GCSEs for like 3 years -_- and vs some who did it at a level.
Original post by RiskVsReward
Hehe I might think of not applying. Simply, I can't risk a rejection because I didn't know AS maths when I have only studied it to GCSE. In my double science physics I got full marks in 1 exam, great in the other but right now I have no memory of any of them. I am also resitting so they may raise their offer lol much better unis like southampton(not much better but better nevertheless) won't and will probably be more competitive but at least I know I have an equal chance as another person vs me doing bad because I Didn't do Maths @ alevel or physics and haven done GCSEs for like 3 years -_- and vs some who did it at a level.

I'm not sure how important the test is. It is only a 30 minute what they call 'assessment'. Hopefully it's not that important to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure how important the test is. It is only a 30 minute what they call 'assessment'. Hopefully it's not that important to them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well good luck and keep us updated. Where else are you applying to?

Tbh i dont know mate but u probably can dont worry about it
Hi everyone hope ur all doin well. I applied for engineering with an integrated foundation year at UoM and i hope to go on to study chem eng. I was wondering who else has an interview on the 2nd December? And if anyone has already had it can they please tell me how the interview and test were like?
Thanks in advance and much appreciated

Hey I've got an interview on December 2nd as well for Manchester.
Original post by penguinscanfly
Hey I've got an interview on December 2nd as well for Manchester.

What r u going on to do after the foundation year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending