The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by billydisco
So instead lets admit more and hope they/their offspring don't convert? Sounds great :wink:

Why would they need to convert from a religion that teaches that if you kill someone, their sins are transferred to you? Why would they need to convert from a religion that is called peace? If they convert those values a replaced with nothing to lose. The religion is peaceful. It's just a group of people. If race and religion come into question whenever someone does something bad, it's pure racism. Don't begin to try to disguise it as anything else.

Islamophobia is no better than homophobia. And before you compare the two, the killers could've been gay. Does that make you hate gay people? If one does and the other doesn't, think.
ISIS will never be defeated completely, the religious power which fuels these people is too strong and unfortunately they will go to the extremes to evoke fear and terror upon western civilisation. The best we can hope for is that we are able to keep our security measures tight to decrease the threat of horrific incidents like yesterday, and hope that our military forces are able to weaken the Islamic state. Also we must sort out the Syrian crisis giving safety to those who need it whilst filtering out the evil terrorists.
Reply 282
Original post by Howard
I should hope it is less than 2%.

Merkel has let a million (+/-) Syrians into Germany this year. If it's only 0.002% (that's 1000 times smaller number than your upper limit) that would be 20 terrorists. We've just seen what eight of them can do when they put their minds to it.

Your factual information is flawed but nvm. I'd be more worried about the other 98% who strike on an everyday basis and a smaller scale.
Original post by ah07
Why would they need to convert from a religion that teaches that if you kill someone, their sins are transferred to you? Why would they need to convert from a religion that is called peace? If they convert those values a replaced with nothing to lose. The religion is peaceful. It's just a group of people. If race and religion come into question whenever someone does something bad, it's pure racism. Don't begin to try to disguise it as anything else.

Islamophobia is no better than homophobia. And before you compare the two, the killers could've been gay. Does that make you hate gay people? If one does and the other doesn't, think.

If its just racism and there is no problem with Islam, why do Sikhs not receive the same discrimination?
Reply 284
If its just racism and there is no problem with Islam, why do Sikhs not receive the same discrimination?

Think.
Original post by ah07
Think.

No, answer my question- or can't you?
Reply 286
IS are NOT muslims
Reply 287
No, answer my question- or can't you?

Racism, as you've probably figured out, has its favourites. Think. People can't always do it for you.
Original post by ah07
Racism, as you've probably figured out, has its favourites. Think. People can't always do it for you.

So why don't Sikhs experience this racism?
Original post by imaanr
The last time Muslims were in Europe in such numbers, we taught you guys how to wash yourselves and brush your teeth! If it wasn't for us, you guys would still be eating with your poo-infected hands.
Honestly, I think we should create a forum asking whether Christianity should be banned in all Muslim countries. I would love to see how that would turn out.

Haha, I'm actually old with this nonsense considering your age.

The problem is 21+ muslims spouting the same thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 290
Original post by Ammat
IS are NOT muslims

What do you have to back that claim up ?
Reply 291
So why don't Sikhs experience this racism?

Original post by ah07

I'll leave you with your new found thoughts.
Reply 292
Original post by Ayčun
Your factual information is flawed but nvm. I'd be more worried about the other 98% who strike on an everyday basis and a smaller scale.

I'm not presenting facts; I'm speculating, as are you.
Reply 293
Original post by Ammat
IS are NOT muslims

They're not Evangelical Lutherans are they?
Reply 294
Original post by ah07
I should hope that when you try to identify yourself as a peaceful human being, people will take you seriously.

What good is labelling billions of people guilty for a thousand men's crimes? It's insane. If you reject them whilst they stand by you, where do you expect them to turn? Banning Islam will be a violation of human rights and also oppression. If this ban takes place, Europe will be no better than a "barbaric" Islamic society. You reap what you sow, show them hatred and hatred will grow.

"Germans are peaceful. Nazis were not real Germans." - Ooops, look what I did there. I'd deserve nothing but contempt for that kind of revisionism. I will treat muslims who deny there are terrorist muslims the same way. Only those btw, so I don't know why you went off into that "ban all muslims" rant.
Original post by ah07
I'll leave you with your new found thoughts.

and why do you think Muslims are favourites for racism, instead of Sikhs?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ammat
IS are NOT muslims

Yes they are. Allah told them in the Jihadist verses of the Quran to commit horrific crimes like this. If anything, in the warped eyes of Allah, they are better Muslims than those who don't do such things. The fact is these extremists are doing exactly what Allah has asked. They are living by Sharia Law, they are enforcing taxes upon the non believers and they are killing infidels who they see as a threat. This is exactly what Allah calls for in the Quran.
Original post by Fidus Achates
Yes they are. Allah told them in the Jihadist verses of the Quran to commit horrific crimes like this. If anything, in the eyes of Allah, they are better Muslims than those who don't do such things. The fact is these extremists are doing exactly what Allah has asked. They are living by Sharia Law, they are enforcing taxes upon the non believers and they are killing infidels who they see as a threat. This is exactly what Allah calls for in the Quran.

Its funny, I was contemplating writing that earlier.
isn't there supposed to be some sort of filter in your brain that prevents people from saying such pathetic things?
Doesn't bring any to British people though.

I'm not going to get into that topic, but it suffices to say that, even if this were true, it's irrelevant. The interests of every single human being matter equally: immigration benefits immigrants, and that's enough to justify the immigration.

So there are no problems with terrorism because more car accidents occur?

God it must be sad to cling to a failed dream like you do and make-up deluded crap like above to justify it....

You're misrepresenting my argument: I'm stating that the benefits of immigration, when we consider the interests of all humans, far outweigh the potential downsides (atrocities such as this occurring). There are also alternative ways to reduce the risk of terrorist attacks occurring, including tackling socioeconomic deprivation and looking at the consequences of our own foreign policies.

Similarly, the benefits of driving far outweigh the downsides (thousands of people killed every year). There are also alternative ways to reduce the risk of car accidents occurring. We don't ban cars because car accidents lead to loads of deaths every year for precisely this reason, and we shouldn't be "banning Muslim immigration" simply because a miniscule minority of Muslims committed a terrorist attack last night, for precisely the same reason: the benefits of immigration outweigh the downsides.
(edited 8 years ago)