The Student Room Group

Can a guy and girl be just friends?

Scroll to see replies

they can but "friends" of the opposite sex generally aren't that close unless there is something going on.i'd be very skeptical of two people of the opposite sex that are always hanging out alone and going to places that could be seen as intimate i.e cinema,resturants e.t.c in those cases at least one of them is likely to want more than friendship
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, if either one of them (or both) is (/are) gay, unattractive or asexual.
Yes, what a ridiculous question.
Reply 23
You don't become friends with someone because you want to shag them, unless your like, a sexual deviant or something...
Reply 24

yes
No.
Yes, although usually one of them (usually the guy I'd say) would develop feelings for the other, and have to accept or suppress them in order to remain friends.

Guys and girls being friends i obviously common though and happens to almost everyone so of course they can.
I gotta be honest, in my experience, no. Something always happens.
Original post by John55
You don't become friends with someone because you want to shag them, unless your like, a sexual deviant or something...

The problem with this is

You begin asking what you friends add to your life and unless they're either really intelligent or really fun because they are typical party animals/roll the best weed, you think Jesus Christ, these people don't justify the time they are taking out of my life.
Reply 29
Original post by z33

yes

That scared the sweet Jesus out of me.
Original post by Cold 187um

:lol:

nailed it tbh
Course they can be just friends
Reply 32
Original post by kkboyk
That scared the sweet Jesus out of me.

omg hahaha why? :lol:
Reply 33
Original post by NOONA.
I was discussing this with some friends, and in the end many of them agreed to disagree.
What do you guys think?

Yep. I have male friends that are just friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Cold 187um

You know that most aces want a romantic relationship right? People who don't want a romantic relationship are called aromantics. This is unrelated to asexuality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by The Rad Prince
The problem with this is

You begin asking what you friends add to your life and unless they're either really intelligent or really fun because they are typical party animals/roll the best weed, you think Jesus Christ, these people don't justify the time they are taking out of my life.

But wouldn't it be more of a waste of your life just sitting around alone because you decided your time was to precious to waste on the people who used to be your friends. All you need from friends really is someone you enjoy spending time with, it sounds like your saying why be friends with anyone if their not Stephen Hawking or Pete Doherty?
Yeah, but one of them, or both may raise their compatibility with the other to see if there's anything there and then develop extra feelings. Not to mention we all like attention from the opposite gender.
Original post by John55
But wouldn't it be more of a waste of your life just sitting around alone because you decided your time was to precious to waste on the people who used to be your friends. All you need from friends really is someone you enjoy spending time with, it sounds like your saying why be friends with anyone if their not Stephen Hawking or Pete Doherty...

Pete Doherty :rofl:

I think that's the point, most people prefer company they have a total blast with, rather than people who are most trustworthy or whatever male honour BS. I have noticed poor people from ghettos are really loyal compared with middle class kids, I think it's because the stress of their lives means they need strong connections compared with rich kids who have no basic needs which are not met as standard.
Reply 38
Original post by z33
omg hahaha why? :lol:

My webpage was zoomed in at 175%, and that woman looks like a turtle
Reply 39
Original post by kkboyk
My webpage was zoomed in at 175%, and that woman looks like a turtle

haAHAhahahahHA omg I'm dying :rofl: Awh bless you :tongue:

it's Trisha Paytas
she was on America's Got Talent once... it was horrible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jG-p9kF0lw

But she's a good YouTuber haha

oh she was also on My Strange Addictions for a tanning addiction 0_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MzNVqzMky4
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest