The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

According to Agence France-Presse (AFP), two men connected with the attacks were registered as migrants with Greek authorities. There you have it, liberal lefties, these are your so-called ‘refugees’…
when the bombing took place in beirut just 2 days b4 paris no one was bothered cuz muslims were the ones killed...now that its paris thats bombed everyone's freaking out. being a muslim ...this makes me feel sick. For the ****ing hundredth time islam is one thing and terrorism is another and just because am a muslim that doesnt make me a terrorist. If u read about islam, u'll know that its against the killing of innocent souls. I pray for everyone who died in the bombing whether its in paris or beirut regardless of what their religion, race or gender is.
Reply 302
Original post by Life_peer
According to Agence France-Presse (AFP), two men connected with the attacks were registered as migrants with Greek authorities. There you have it, liberal lefties, these are your so-called ‘refugees’…

And many more to come
Original post by Fidus Achates
Yes they are. Allah told them in the Jihadist verses of the Quran to commit horrific crimes like this. If anything, in the warped eyes of Allah, they are better Muslims than those who don't do such things. The fact is these extremists are doing exactly what Allah has asked. They are living by Sharia Law, they are enforcing taxes upon the non believers and they are killing infidels who they see as a threat. This is exactly what Allah calls for in the Quran.

am sorryy...but where did u get this crap from ? Thats not what Allah said in Quraan. I bet u dont even know how Quraan looks like. My God is ur God n he's evedyone's God whether u believe it or not... he wont say one thing in christianity for example and say another in islam. im a muslim who has been raised in an arab country and has studied islam for as long as i can remember and am certain that killing innocent souls=going to hell. so dont pretend like u know everything here.
Original post by Foo.mp3

Thankfully some of us have managed to remove the liberal white-wash filter noted in my previous post from our brains

I actually loled reading that response. But seriously, if you wont accept us standing against these attacks, then where should we stand? Islamic terrorism makes up a minute percentage of Muslims. Muslims move to the West to run away from this sort of terror.
Yes they are. Allah told them in the Jihadist verses of the Quran to commit horrific crimes like this. If anything, in the warped eyes of Allah, they are better Muslims than those who don't do such things. The fact is these extremists are doing exactly what Allah has asked. They are living by Sharia Law, they are enforcing taxes upon the non believers and they are killing infidels who they see as a threat. This is exactly what Allah calls for in the Quran.

Allah has not told any one to commit horrific attacks like this.. Most of those kind of attacks r / were made everyday on many muslims, in mosques as well or an everyday basis.. U cant say something by just googling it.. do u think that Allah has also called those terrorists( so called muslims ) to kill muslims as well.. Seems like lack of Islamic knowledge has taken over u..
Reply 306
Original post by areej218
am sorryy...but where did u get this crap from ? Thats not what Allah said in Quraan. I bet u dont even know how Quraan looks like. My God is ur God n he's evedyone's God whether u believe it or not... he wont say one thing in christianity for example and say another in islam. im a muslim who has been raised in an arab country and has studied islam for as long as i can remember and am certain that killing innocent souls=going to hell. so dont pretend like u know everything here.

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by viddy9
If it was that easy to turn them into an enemy population, then we would see a death rate far higher than we've seen so far. Threads like this make it easier, though.

No such outcome has occurred. There is no division of Britain or Europe into two or more tribes precariously balanced on the brink of civil war.

You have said:

Firstly, if this immoral and horrific attack was committed by ISIS, then this is precisely what they want to occur: they want to stir up division and recruit more and more people to their hateful ideology. How do they do that? They want more countries to attack them, first of all, but they want the millions of peaceful Muslims living in the Western world to become alienated.

You say you believe IS's strategy is to bring in the Western muslim population on their side. You imply that you believe that this is likely to work unless the non-muslim population of the West responds to muslim attacks on them in a manner that is conciliatory to muslims. I am afraid you cannot wave this threat to shut down discussion on the ideological origins of these attacks on the one hand and on the other hand claim that muslim immigration is benign. At the very least it involves major negative trade-offs, that might or might not be counterbalanced by benefits of muslim immigration. If Western muslims could not be moved to IS's side then it would not be dangerous to discuss the Islamic origins of IS.

Immigration brings immense benefits to the vast, vast majority of Muslim individuals. Banning immigration of these individuals because a miniscule proportion of Muslims engaged in an atrocity would be akin to banning cars because they regularly result in death; indeed, you're still far, far more likely to die in a car accident than you are in a terrorist attack, yet we don't see any proposals to ban cars. Why? Because the benefits of having cars outweigh the risks, and the same is the case with allowing Muslims and indeed all humans to move freely between borders.

We do not choose not to ban cars because of the harm it would cause to cars. Immigration of muslims benefits muslims for sure. Does it benefit Britain and the British? If muslim immigrants were of an extraordinarily high quality then there might be some question of trading off social cohesion against tax revenue, or something like that. Mostly, though, muslim immigrants are of low quality. Muslim immigrants underperform Indian and Chinese (and the native population) in education, employment, criminality, practically every measure of social value. We can get better elsewhere, to the limit of any reasonably tolerable level of immigration, and not have to worry about the social cohesion problems that are unique to muslims.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Muhammad Shehzar
Allah has not told any one to commit horrific attacks like this.. Most of those kind of attacks r / were made everyday on many muslims, in mosques as well or an everyday basis.. U cant say something by just googling it.. do u think that Allah has also called those terrorists( so called muslims ) to kill muslims as well.. Seems like lack of Islamic knowledge has taken over u..

Allah called for the deaths of infidels and non believers. These terrorists killed non believers so were doing exactly as he stated in the Quran in the Jihadist verses. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous. My knowledge of Islam is extremely high, not that its any of your concern. I think if you actually listened to someone who has experienced such first hand, like Maajid Nawaz, you'd educate yourself greatly on the subject.
tbh its not for me to care if they experience this violence in syria every day, not my fault they indoctrinate their children and caused this isis stuff, im from a majority atheist country where we know religion is a disease and we dont want it in our country. my country has already helped too much and has way too many refugees for its population, and they are the ones complaining about the weather and starting riots / burning cars. i dont want them here, if their god is so amazing why doesnt he save them all.
Nah, I think it's time you abandon that brush you use to brush over people you assume are the same.

No need of a sorry there.. yupp.. u r right the god is same for everybody.. whether black or white, tall or short, boy or girl.. They just dont realize it..
Original post by Ashtar
"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

and where does it say here that muslims can kill innocents freely? Plus Quraan is 604 pages with 30 different parts in it? u give me the aya's number and we'll do this.
Reply 313
and where does it say here that muslims can kill innocents freely? Plus Quraan is 604 pages with 30 different parts in it? u give me the aya's number and we'll do this.

(8.12)
(9.123)
(edited 8 years ago)
I challenge anyone out there to provide me with any references from the Qur'an that promote the killing of innocent lives!

Islam's teaching regarding war are clearer than for any other religion in that it strictly prohibits the following:

* Don't cut a tree
* Don't kill children
* Don't kill old people
* Don't destroy a temple or church
* Don't destroy any buildings
* Don't kill those who surrender
* Don't kill those who run away
* Don't kill a woman
* Don't kill a sick person
* Don't kill a priest or monk
* Don't enforce Islam

What Isis are doing has as much to do with Islam as KKK with Christianity or Hitler with Germans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Allah called for the deaths of infidels and non believers. These terrorists killed non believers so were doing exactly as he stated in the Quran in the Jihadist verses. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous. My knowledge of Islam is extremely high, not that its any of your concern. I think if you actually listened to someone who has experienced such first hand, like Maajid Nawaz, you'd educate yourself greatly on the subject.

No, Allah does not suggested anybody to kill non-believers & infidles. Those terroroist attacks are made everyday in a muslim country like Pakistan.. no-one just take cares of it cz it happens in a muslim country. now if it just happens in a non-muslim country the whole of the countries & their people shouts out on it.. why is that so?? Has Allah also told muslims to kill the other muslims as well.. what u said just dos not seem to have a valid point in it..
No, that's actually an insane and unworkable suggestion.
Original post by Muhammad Shehzar
No, Allah does not suggested anybody to kill non-believers & infidles. Those terroroist attacks are made everyday in a muslim country like Pakistan.. no-one just take cares of it cz it happens in a muslim country. now if it just happens in a non-muslim country the whole of the countries & their people shouts out on it.. why is that so?? Has Allah also told muslims to kill the other muslims as well.. what u said just dos not seem to have a valid point in it..

Allah has told Muslims to kill other Muslims who are hypocrites. The thing you don't understand is that Jihadists see moderate Muslims who do not kill in the name of Allah and the caliphate as hypocrites, and as bad as infidels, and they therefore have no qualms whatsoever about killing them either. As for people not caring because its not a Muslim country, its nonsense. Tunisia is home to many Muslims and there was also a global reaction to that. If you truly don't understand that Allah calls for the death of infidels and non believers in the Jihad verses then I really cant help you. You're on a level of delusion I'm not qualified to help you with.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Not sure what it is that you're disagreeing with? Everything I stated is factually correct, so far as I'm aware :dontknow:

How are you defining 'radical', and why should these radicals be our only concern? :holmes:

White people aren't the only group in the world who have a problem with Islamism, and please stop bringing race into it:mute:

Do you know how non-incendiary improvised shrapnel/jacket explosives are constructed/work? (I'm guessing not) :h:

Source?

Not aware of any trade deals that were contingent upon mass immigration, and we could do with a greener economy tbh (not that we buy all that much oil from Syria/Iraq anymore)

Just one of many reasons we will never buy this 'British Muslim' BS. Most of y'all primarily identify with your land/religion/culture/customs/language/heritage/history/values/norms of origin, and only loosely/superficially identify with ours, even when you're given full citizenship/right to remain, receive state support, use our public services, send your children to the same schools etc etc

Self-evidently it is not I'm afraid, your own language is testament to that

We don't go round preaching to/looking down our noses at/avoiding drinkers, or kicking up a fuss about serving alcohol, in the same way

You have your grandparents (hence bolded text) it was a little tongue in cheek, but the point remains, your country/background/culture runs in your blood, whether you chose to buy into that or not, it’s something that resonates with many peoples, the world over

For sure, but did you see this: 75% of Muslims believe there’s only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran | Source

Essentially true, unfortunately, so far as I understand it, although you could of course say similar of certain elements of other religious doctrines

With all due respect, that is a ridiculous, if well meaning proposition. No Muslim is going to accept anyone else, especially not a Westerner, telling them to ‘go back to your books and have a rethink’. Even if they did, you would end up with a multitude of interpretations, including some just as bad, if not worse, than those that extremists currently cling to!

For sure, but by other Muslims, and over time religious evolution/revolution takes time/involves a heck of a lot of strife. The ‘Muslim reformation’ may be almost upon us but it will not be over in a flash and will come at great cost a cost that the West is not prepared to bear, or have any part in, yet here we are, getting sucked into this sectarian ****storm sweeping the Middle East..

Perhaps in the year 2115, when the dust has settled. Thanks for the (somewhat conspiratorial) history of the (distortion of the) Koran lesson :smile:

Christianity is already effectively off-limits in many Muslim countries, what planet have you been living on since the glorious ‘Arab Spring’?

Not everyone :colonhash:

True, but the problem is that few of them stand by us (check my post linked above) and that because of this, and such heinous acts, there will be too many in society who distrust/reject them for the way we enlightened few behave to make a difference

Truth is, fewer and fewer Westerners care any more - the whole notion of 'rights' has been warped/stretched all recognition is at is. Fact is, we are tired of being threatened, abused, and attacked in our own lands. We shouldn't have to stand for it, and don't have to stand for it. People are starting to realise this, and starting to wonder why we have stood for it for so long. This is why I genuinely fear for the Muslim communities of the West now

In the right (wrong) conditions it's all too easy to turn neighbour against neighbour and instigate all kinds of ugliness. Believe it. All that is necessary is for people to feel sufficiently threatened/hopeless and adopt a dehumanised 'them and us' attitude (see Nazi Germany/Rwanda for reference)

If you do not believe race riots, atrocities, and possibly war, are a real and present danger in Europe then my friend you need to wake up and smell the coffee

Muslim immigrants do indeed often do very nicely out of emigrating to the West no-one would argue with that :rolleyes:

Tip of the iceburg, unfortunately, and hardly an isolated incident either. The real question is, how many more murders of soldiers, journalists, revellers are we going to see on our streets in the West before the population in this or that (right leaning) European country decides enough’s enough? My guess is not many and that it won’t be long before more Anders Breivik type nutters pop up to launch bloody protests/outrages of their own

Oh, well that’s ok then :h:

Few people outside the London metro ivory tower/ideologue and corporatist elites actually buy that (anymore) when it comes to (un-mandated) mass inter-civilisational immigration, unfortunately particularly where people of disparate culture/ethnicity/language/values/norms are concerned

It’s called submission,* and your excerpts from its doctrine are just as deflective/selective. You can’t have your cake and eat it I’m afraid (see above re: 75%)

Oh no, we’re racists? Better stop criticising Islam :innocent:

Last time I checked homosexuals weren’t throwing people off the tops of tall buildings because they disagreed with they disapproved of this or that element of their lifestyle. Fear of Islam/Muslims is entirely rational if you don’t fear Islamists even a little bit by now, as a ‘kafir’, after the multiple outrages they have committed against us, in the name of their religion, then you need to get your head examined

Not going to be enough. They are a determined and utterly ruthless enemy. The only things that will defeat such an enemy are: A) Overwhelming force and an (ongoing) moratorium on immigration from the Muslim world + expulsion of anyone with any possible affiliation with ISIS; B) Adopting equally ruthless tactics. Neither will fly with much of the population, let alone our liberal leaders, right now (although that may change if we see further atrocities and the emergence of reciprocal vigilante terrorism)

Mission impossible, unfortunately

Sure. Let me guess, they’re Zionists, right? :facepalm2:

Thankfully some of us have managed to remove the liberal white-wash filter noted in my previous post from our brains

Hate to say I told you so. It’s time that wishful liberal ideologues woke up..
Does it not seem a little odd to you that this is 'the ****ing hundredth time'? Have you not spotted a bit of a pattern by now? :u:

Yes obviously i did. which is y i can relate to y many of uu hate muslims by now. But imagine ur on a peaceful religion like islam and have been believing literally in everything in it since u were born and then a terrosrist group like ISIS comes out of nowhere in the name of ur religion killing innocents around the world, not to mention killing ur own ppl who are as well MUSLIMS and then instead of everyone acting together to ban such horrific activities they start blaming uu as a muslim. U reallyy need to look at this from a wider angle. am not saying we're angels... its just that terrorism shall not define islam
Reply 319

I saw the verse you posted on another thread which got deleted. In the brackets it referred to Jihad and if you knew anything about the verse it was lesser Jihad which means to defend Islam and only use force when necessary. The Paris attacks wouldn't be regarded as lesser Jihad as in Islam you can't just kill innocent people and it doesn't matter if that innocent person is a Muslim or not.

So you can stop using the argument 'Allah told them in the Jihadist verses.'

Latest

Trending

Trending