The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by StudentInSociety
Terrorism has no religion. They're not Muslim, they're monsters. I feel sorry for and pray for the victims, their families, the communities affected, and people practicing Islam peacefully and having to deal with sad posts like this.

ISIS is Sunni Islamic group whether you like it or not.

PROOF:

ISIS leading member Abu Mohammed al-Adnani:
"Haditha will be the next town in Iraq to fall under Isil’s sway. The attacks should be on “kuffars” (infidels), Crusaders, Shias and Apostates

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11694763/Islamic-State-threatens-calamity-for-kuffars-during-Ramadan.html

Who defined Muslim as being non-violent, when the Quran itself teaches violence ?

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

8:12

"O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you."

9:23
(edited 8 years ago)
Terrorism has no religion. They're not Muslim, they're monsters. I feel sorry for and pray for the victims, their families, the communities affected, and people practicing Islam peacefully and having to deal with sad posts like this.

Mohammed and his band of followers directly challenged the political authority of established Meccan government to establish Islamic rule. Sounds familiar?

His followers are merely replicating his actions in a 21st century context!
Original post by Ashtar

PROOF:

"Haditha will be the next town in Iraq to fall under Isil’s sway. The attacks should be on “kuffars” (infidels), Crusaders, Shias and Apostates

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11694763/Islamic-State-threatens-calamity-for-kuffars-during-Ramadan.html

Who defined Muslim as being non-violent, when the Quran itself teaches violence ?

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

"O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you."

Original post by TabulaSmaragdina
Mohammed and his band of followers directly challenged the political authority of established Meccan government to establish Islamic rule. Sounds familiar?

His followers are merely replicating his actions in a 21st century context!

I cannot debate on this as I'm not Muslim, so I wouldn't give a fair counter argument; it would not be fair on Muslims to misrepresent them. Perhaps you guys should talk to one yourself and let them explain things to you. It isn't right that you've condemned such a huge population because of the acts of one EXTREMIST group. You're forgetting that they do not represent to views of an ENTIRE population of people. Be honest with yourselves: have you even looked at the counter arguments of what you're saying?

It's not even about us, it's about the victims of this barbaric attack, what we're going to do about ISIS (not innocent Muslims), and how we move forwards from the past.
I cannot debate on this as I'm not Muslim, so I wouldn't give a fair counter argument; it would not be fair on Muslims to misrepresent them. Perhaps you guys should talk to one yourself and let them explain things to you. It isn't right that you've condemned such a huge population because of the acts of one EXTREMIST group. You're forgetting that they do not represent to views of an ENTIRE population of people. Be honest with yourselves: have you even looked at the counter arguments of what you're saying?

It's not even about us, it's about the victims of this barbaric attack, what we're going to do about ISIS (not innocent Muslims), and how we move forwards from the past.

The counter arguments are irrelevant in my case, because I'm a stating a simple accepted historical truth about the inception of Islam. Mohammed fought the Meccans in their own lands to instill Islamic rule - this cannot be challenged.
Original post by TabulaSmaragdina
The counter arguments are irrelevant in my case, because I'm a stating a simple accepted historical truth about the inception of Islam. Mohammed fought the Meccans in their own lands to instill Islamic rule - this cannot be challenged.

And like I said, it's about learning from the past and building a better legacy for the sake of the Islamic community. That's for Muslims to discuss and for us to accept and leave alone.

There are so many people on this forum with their head stuck in the sand and blind to the obvious......
Original post by ales79
Lets be frank here. Being pro immigration is good,

Errrr since when?

High-skilled immigration is good
Low-skilled immigration or admitting people who want to live a different culture, contrary to our own is not.
Original post by billydisco
There are so many people on this forum with their head stuck in the sand and blind to the obvious......

Enlighten us...
Not entirely sure what the best answer would be.

But I think at this point tightening up the borders surrounding the EU is probably a good idea. That said it would have been before. Not that we shouldnt have helped refugees, but getting them registered and actually knowing who was where, rather than letting people roam might have been a good plan.

I dont believe 99.999% of refugees had anything to do with this, but they provide an excellent way for extremists to get themselves in positions of possible harm and destruction.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by z0zza
if muslims were a signficant threat, there is billion+ of them. we would be dead/living in a warzone

also, who is to say white men don't have these attitudes? there was a surge of support from white men for the 2014 isla vista killings, but i highly doubt anyone will be performing a survey for them any time soon

Muslims would not be capable if beating anyone in a war.

They focus on hate and killing rather than contributing anything good to society. In a couple of hours we could easily wipe out every life form from every single muslim country there is, but luckily for them we don't live to hate and kill others. We focus on science and technology, and improving life rather than hate, which means we are much more advanced.

This is why muslims now are immigrating to other countries where they can have more and more kids until they can take over that way. Already now it's dangerous because even your next door neighbour could be plotting attacks and waiting until the right time.

Muslims do not want to integrate, they are here to cause trouble and nothing else. People who believe in other religions have no problems integrating because they understand it's not their country and we have different cultures. If they thought that was a problem, they would leave, not go around causing trouble and killing innocent people.
Just look at the Palestinians. If it wasn't for Iron Dome there would be so many innocent Israelis dead. Hundreds of thousands would be dead if those missiles reached their targets (including Tel Aviv airport) and the Palestinians wouldn't even care, they support it. While Israel )and western countries) do as much as possible to avoid killing civilians.

But the majority of people sticking up for these people have very low IQs so they don't understand these things. They only look at numbers and what the media tells them.
Original post by Ace123
After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.

That would be kinda racist and anti-religion but remember anyone can be muslim and be any race, the only way that we could prevent terrorism would be to know exactly when it is going to occur, but we can't calculate when, it would be a good idea to do so such as the refugees taken into France, the majority of them were not documented and David Cameron just wanted to get so many refugees in to beat the other countries or something.
its too late now. the damage has already been done. where is angela merkel? silly politicians with silly policies. UK is a christian country. if you look at early history you will learn that so many million of british soldiers died in so many wars protecting this great nation from invasion. but our politicians have allowed mass immigration into the country. its too late.
Original post by Ashtar

PROOF:

Go and download the Ahmadiyya Qur'an App and look those verses up. I don't know what Qur'an you're reading or where you got those translations from but they do not correspond to the truth whatsoever.

I'm assuming you got this from an anti Islam website and if I wanted to learn about Christianity, would I go to a church or ask an anti Christian about it?

I can't quote here as I'm on my phone and it wouldn't let me copy, but the actual translation is completely different from what you're fabricating here.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Not sure what it is that you're disagreeing with? Everything I stated is factually correct, so far as I'm aware :dontknow:

How are you defining 'radical', and why should these radicals be our only concern? :holmes:

White people aren't the only group in the world who have a problem with Islamism, and please stop bringing race into it:mute:

Do you know how non-incendiary improvised shrapnel/jacket explosives are constructed/work? (I'm guessing not) :h:

Source?

Not aware of any trade deals that were contingent upon mass immigration, and we could do with a greener economy tbh (not that we buy all that much oil from Syria/Iraq anymore)

Just one of many reasons we will never buy this 'British Muslim' BS. Most of y'all primarily identify with your land/religion/culture/customs/language/heritage/history/values/norms of origin, and only loosely/superficially identify with ours, even when you're given full citizenship/right to remain, receive state support, use our public services, send your children to the same schools etc etc

Self-evidently it is not I'm afraid, your own language is testament to that

We don't go round preaching to/looking down our noses at/avoiding drinkers, or kicking up a fuss about serving alcohol, in the same way

You have your grandparents (hence bolded text) it was a little tongue in cheek, but the point remains, your country/background/culture runs in your blood, whether you chose to buy into that or not, it’s something that resonates with many peoples, the world over

For sure, but did you see this: 75% of Muslims believe there’s only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran | Source

Essentially true, unfortunately, so far as I understand it, although you could of course say similar of certain elements of other religious doctrines

With all due respect, that is a ridiculous, if well meaning proposition. No Muslim is going to accept anyone else, especially not a Westerner, telling them to ‘go back to your books and have a rethink’. Even if they did, you would end up with a multitude of interpretations, including some just as bad, if not worse, than those that extremists currently cling to!

For sure, but by other Muslims, and over time religious evolution/revolution takes time/involves a heck of a lot of strife. The ‘Muslim reformation’ may be almost upon us but it will not be over in a flash and will come at great cost a cost that the West is not prepared to bear, or have any part in, yet here we are, getting sucked into this sectarian ****storm sweeping the Middle East..

Perhaps in the year 2115, when the dust has settled. Thanks for the (somewhat conspiratorial) history of the (distortion of the) Koran lesson :smile:

Christianity is already effectively off-limits in many Muslim countries, what planet have you been living on since the glorious ‘Arab Spring’?

Not everyone :colonhash:

True, but the problem is that few of them stand by us (check my post linked above) and that because of this, and such heinous acts, there will be too many in society who distrust/reject them for the way we enlightened few behave to make a difference

Truth is, fewer and fewer Westerners care any more - the whole notion of 'rights' has been warped/stretched all recognition is at is. Fact is, we are tired of being threatened, abused, and attacked in our own lands. We shouldn't have to stand for it, and don't have to stand for it. People are starting to realise this, and starting to wonder why we have stood for it for so long. This is why I genuinely fear for the Muslim communities of the West now

In the right (wrong) conditions it's all too easy to turn neighbour against neighbour and instigate all kinds of ugliness. Believe it. All that is necessary is for people to feel sufficiently threatened/hopeless and adopt a dehumanised 'them and us' attitude (see Nazi Germany/Rwanda for reference)

If you do not believe race riots, atrocities, and possibly war, are a real and present danger in Europe then my friend you need to wake up and smell the coffee

Muslim immigrants do indeed often do very nicely out of emigrating to the West no-one would argue with that :rolleyes:

Tip of the iceburg, unfortunately, and hardly an isolated incident either. The real question is, how many more murders of soldiers, journalists, revellers are we going to see on our streets in the West before the population in this or that (right leaning) European country decides enough’s enough? My guess is not many and that it won’t be long before more Anders Breivik type nutters pop up to launch bloody protests/outrages of their own

Oh, well that’s ok then :h:

Few people outside the London metro ivory tower/ideologue and corporatist elites actually buy that (anymore) when it comes to (un-mandated) mass inter-civilisational immigration, unfortunately particularly where people of disparate culture/ethnicity/language/values/norms are concerned

It’s called submission,* and your excerpts from its doctrine are just as deflective/selective. You can’t have your cake and eat it I’m afraid (see above re: 75%)

Oh no, we’re racists? Better stop criticising Islam :innocent:

Last time I checked homosexuals weren’t throwing people off the tops of tall buildings because they disagreed with they disapproved of this or that element of their lifestyle. Fear of Islam/Muslims is entirely rational if you don’t fear Islamists even a little bit by now, as a ‘kafir’, after the multiple outrages they have committed against us, in the name of their religion, then you need to get your head examined

Not going to be enough. They are a determined and utterly ruthless enemy. The only things that will defeat such an enemy are: A) Overwhelming force and an (ongoing) moratorium on immigration from the Muslim world + expulsion of anyone with any possible affiliation with ISIS; B) Adopting equally ruthless tactics. Neither will fly with much of the population, let alone our liberal leaders, right now (although that may change if we see further atrocities and the emergence of reciprocal vigilante terrorism)

Mission impossible, unfortunately

Sure. Let me guess, they’re Zionists, right? :facepalm2:

Thankfully some of us have managed to remove the liberal white-wash filter noted in my previous post from our brains

Hate to say I told you so. It’s time that wishful liberal ideologues woke up..
Does it not seem a little odd to you that this is 'the ****ing hundredth time'? Have you not spotted a bit of a pattern by now? :u:

So you would rather they stayed in Syria and be killed :frown: we face this kind of atrocity on a daily basis in the ME. They just want to find a safe haven. But I guess some people are afraid that there might be some ISIS members/jihadists let in too but the majority of refugees are fleeing from ISIS and people want us to deny them that?
Original post by ha27
no, no i dont sympathise
but have u ever thought about how muslims living in europe feel when theyre told islam should be banned and muslims should be kicked out? no i didnt think u would

Posted from TSR Mobile

These people have Muslim family and friends....

It is extremely unusual that a normal person suddenly leaves home to join Isis.

There are signs, changes in who they hang out with, their views change, their comments on things change and those people don't report it to the police or tackle it in a manner sufficient to keep them from becoming a jihadist.

I blame the entire support network of every person who takes up the cause.

This is the ground zero of the problem and Muslims won't accept that which is why people have problems with them on this issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queen-bee
So you would rather they stayed in Syria and be killed :frown: we face this kind of atrocity on a daily basis in the ME. They just want to find a safe haven. But I guess some people are afraid that there might be some ISIS members/jihadists let in too but the majority of refugees are fleeing from ISIS and people want us to deny them that?

They should sort out their own countries, do you think western nations just got their laws and society given to them?

They didn't, everything was fought for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Every time one of these attacks happens, it's like everyone's brains completely shut down. So can we do just some basic rational thinking? I'll even put it in a conveniently numbered list, so it will be easier to understand.

1. Muslims do denounce terrorist attacks.Literally every time something like this happens, there are swarms of Muslims publicly denouncing it. Are you not on Twitter? Do you not read the damn news? How do you not know this?

2. It's not anyone's fault except, you know, the people who actually did it. So why should they need to denounce it? Are you a Christian? Have you denounced abortion clinic bombings yet? WHY HAVEN'T YOU DENOUNCED THE ****ING ABORTION CLINIC BOMBINGS, YOU CHRISTIAN?

3. Islamic leaders haven't stopped the radicals, because they can't. That's the thing about radicals, they tend to ignore voices of reason. And it's not like the terrorist groups keep all 1.57 billion Muslims in the loop every time they plan an attack.

4. Not all Muslims agree, because for some reason, getting over a billion and a half people to agree on something is really hard. Again, just like with Christians, there are offshoots upon offshoots upon offshoots. If you can find even ten Christians that agree on every aspect of their religion, I will fly to your house and personally give you $100. And yet, somehow, when it comes to Muslims, they're all united in their desire to destroy the West and rain terror down from the heavens.

5. Violent teaching doesn't equal violent people. Just read Leviticus, and then think about how many modern day Jews and Christians stone their unruly children to death. There may be controversial bits in the Quran or hadith, but most sane people living in 2015 don't actually want to go out and do some violence because they read about it in an old book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by muffingg
Every time one of these attacks happens, it's like everyone's brains completely shut down. So can we do just some basic rational thinking? I'll even put it in a conveniently numbered list, so it will be easier to understand.

1. Muslims do denounce terrorist attacks.Literally every time something like this happens, there are swarms of Muslims publicly denouncing it. Are you not on Twitter? Do you not read the damn news? How do you not know this?

2. It's not anyone's fault except, you know, the people who actually did it. So why should they need to denounce it? Are you a Christian? Have you denounced abortion clinic bombings yet? WHY HAVEN'T YOU DENOUNCED THE ****ING ABORTION CLINIC BOMBINGS, YOU CHRISTIAN?

3. Islamic leaders haven't stopped the radicals, because they can't. That's the thing about radicals, they tend to ignore voices of reason. And it's not like the terrorist groups keep all 1.57 billion Muslims in the loop every time they plan an attack.

4. Not all Muslims agree, because for some reason, getting over a billion and a half people to agree on something is really hard. Again, just like with Christians, there are offshoots upon offshoots upon offshoots. If you can find even ten Christians that agree on every aspect of their religion, I will fly to your house and personally give you $100. And yet, somehow, when it comes to Muslims, they're all united in their desire to destroy the West and rain terror down from the heavens.

5. Violent teaching doesn't equal violent people. Just read Leviticus, and then think about how many modern day Jews and Christians stone their unruly children to death. There may be violent bits in the Quran or hadith (I have not read much Islamic literature personally, feel free to chime in if you have any relevant quotations), but most sane people living in 2015 don't actually want to go out and do some violence because they read about it in an old book.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spot on.
Muslims,you should never ever ever feel the need to apologise for something you did not take part in! Place no blame on yourself at all.
Original post by queen-bee
The west has also played a huge part. Get out of the Middle East In that case and let us handle our own business. We don't need foreign troops. Look at what it's created. All these terrorist groups such as ISIS. Western intervention has created the perfect conditions for them to form

Ah right, that's why this all happened I didn't know that......

So why bombs the world trade centre twice, bomb the us embassy in Kenya and a us warship before the Afghanistan campaign.

Answers on the back of a stamp please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending